Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Where instead of in reality and better art where fabric stretches between the breasts instead it looks like each one has their own individually-moulded pocket they sit in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's worth noting the reason we say "the story gets better" is because they legitimately did start paying a lot more attention to writing quality and amount when they realised the game could become something more than what it was at launch (a bad buggy mess). Us NA players started off with an actually-much-improved version and never lived through the actual true hell that was JPN year zero.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Roger Explosion posted:

In particular, I like using Merlin (of course), literally any version of Cu, heavy metal Jeanne, this grimdark Dante fellow, the bikini woman riding a blue and gold moon thing, motherfucking HERC, the pink magical girl with pink fire wings, the nerd schoolboy with a red cape for whatever reason, the gigantic snakelady and especially that summer foxgirl who whallops enemies with a beach umbrella. It's just plain fun.

Caster: I luckshit a 5* dude called Zhuge Liang just this afternoon!
These two are the same person by the way. Zhuge Liang aka Waver Velvet gets a special third ascension art as a reference to the anime series and comics he appears in. If you enjoy using him then congrats because now you have one of your own.

Roger Explosion posted:

Berserker: now here's something interesting. As soon as I poured all my cards down Kiyohime's neck, I got a couple of Spartacus's dropped on me, which is a unit you all recommended. And then, this afternoon in the same pull as Zhuge, I got Ibaraki-Douji, who I see as an option in the servant list all the time. Is she good? It feels like she might be good. I really like using Berserkers, so I want to invest in all three of them, but I take it she's the one I should be focusing on the most. I haven't had much of a chance to play her and compare her to the other two. How does she differ from the other two?
She's really good, one of the best single-target Berserkers to dismantle bosses, or when you just need a specific enemy off the field immediately. Her second and third skills are about survivability to help her reach that boss, and her first skill buffs her attack by 20% and NP damage by 30% so it hits like a truck. It also debuffs their defence afterwards (with overcharging it giving it even greater debuffs) so any attacks you do afterwards hit even harder. She's REALLY good.

One of the best things about Waver is that just by levelling him and unlocking his skills you can just straight-up give any team-member an immediate 50% NP bar (30% to one person for his first skill and 20% each to the whole team from skills 2 and 3) so if a character has a craft essence that starts you with 50% NP you can immediately fire one off. Unfortunately you've missed some of the best free ones from events but Demonic Bodhisattva can do it.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Feb 2, 2019

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm liking that La Grillament du Haine and Grill of Babylon.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
They should skip Mysterious Heroine XX Alter and go straight to Mysterious Heroine XX Alter Alter, who is just MHXX again but five stars.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Rolled on Quetz day to see if the gods would shine on me and they did in a very unexpected way. Gorgon acquired, now Quetz is the only member of the Babylon Crew I don't own.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Playing NP overcharge games with his 3rd skill is always fun, and he's fun to watch with his goofy boxing-slash-rainbow-lasers animations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Robin Hood and Euryale are low-key rockstars in a class chock-full of good units. Level them!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I was trying to be clean until Simosa but Shinjuku's good dog and old man just loving smashed that idea to pieces, gently caress.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I wanna wait a week for a shot at Cu Alter but I'd really just like some desert boyfriends.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The solution is just to charge $10 for events to be unlocked on your account permanently like Guild Wars 2 does for its seasonal storylines. Just give people the NP5/FA during the storyline.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Ticket got me Quetz so I guess I'm not escaping ember hell anytime soon.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Everything about Quetz is so good but I just wish her NP burn effect was literally anything else.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I will roll whatever servant the story makes me love, which is loving dumb since inevitably that ends up being all of them. My insane ex-rank luck has carried me through so far but I fear I'm headed for a big crash in the future.

Tldr Eresh of course.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
New players need to grab whatever god-tier supports they can and use as many apples as they need to for Lvl80/NP5 Ridertoki, he's god-tier.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
loving incredible

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Emiya is a really good single-target Arts assassin. I think he's the only person in the game with a targetable taunt and you can play some fun games with that by pointing enemy attacks at somebody with Evade, or getting bosses to NP somebody you don't mind losing instead of your DPS. His second skill lets him pierce invincibility so you don't have to worry about enemy bullshit. He's also good at generating stars if you can get his Q cards going. You really need some way to get him NP though because his NP gain is absolutely awful, one of the worst in the game I think. You have a Waver if I recall? That'll do it.

Stheno is errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr a prism.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
no 1* Nobukatsu, no interest. :colbert:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

it is accomplished

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Bogart posted:

pyf noble phantasm and explain to my face how it's better than edison's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5mC7rkiTeA

the enemy ceases to exist

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
He drew Moriarty and Kintoki though, both extremely good boys, so the rest is forgivable.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I used all three-Buster-card Berserkers and when my team died to the boss used the 3-command revive because gently caress it what else do you use command seals on.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I am a simple man; I see a Nobu, I roll.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I asked in the discord but is every MechaNero move a reference to something? Her NP is Gunbuster, her arts attack is fin funnels, anything else?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Bad: I fed the wrong Mecha-Eli to the wrong Mecha-Eli and I can't max-ascend her anymore.
Good: It happened to Mecha-Eli and not a good character.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Good niece, good clay.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Thats some crazy butt-dexterity to get all the way over to the summon screen on it's own, you should see a doctor. The worst I ever did was forget to swipe across to a Limited banner and roll on an Orion one.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
750SQ:

Eresh
NP2 Enkidu
NP5 Casgil (from 1)
NP5 Ana (from 1)
NP5 Heracles (from 4)
Tons of event CEs.

Would have liked a second Eresh but otherwise a very good result I feel. Eresh is incredible fun to use and she looks fantastic.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Dec 16, 2019

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm torn because while I already have my favs from the knight banner, rolling the cavalry banner brings the risk of the ultimate failure: a blank saint graph from NP6 Gramps.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Emiya take your shirt off you coward!!!!!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
12 tickets got me Hokusai and another8 got me the 5* New Years CE so I guess I do have a Skadi Fund after all.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Whats a good CE for Hokusai? I didn't get to MLB this new year one so besides that one of the generic +50% gauge ones?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Snazzy Frocks posted:

So what do I get for starting today? Also rolling Heracles for my first pull is good yeah?
You get a bunch of extra SQ you wouldn't otherwise get. Also Heracles is a fantastic roll, nice work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
if i wanted to complete a perfect limited SSR i would simply choose to roll them all in under 300SQ.

But for real my heart is pounding and I'm pretty sure not only my FGO luck but my IRL luck for 2020 is entirely gone on day loving one of the year.