Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Bards: Now actually Bards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

ransome posted:

barrage can crit now

:getin:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm on the tail end of the Heveansward MSQ in the Flats and I cannot start the fight, I keep getting d/c'd (90006) and thrown back into a huge queue.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Note Block posted:

I'm on the tail end of the Heveansward MSQ in the Flats and I cannot start the fight, I keep getting d/c'd (90006) and thrown back into a huge queue.

I can't login at all anymore. I wait out a 1k+ queue only to get 90002 d/c'd the moment the game tries to load me in.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Finished the Heavensward MSQ! AHHHHHH

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Well on the bright side, the Raubahn instance doesn't d/c you anymore, it just punts you back out to him after the cutscene? lol

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Still easily around 40-50 people surrounding Raubahn on Ultros.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Augus posted:

spamming floor 50-60 of POTD is the fastest way to level, right? or does it not matter which floors I do

I'm fairly new to POTD, can someone explain how one is able to spam certain sets of floors? I thought you had to always work your way up to them after resetting?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Soothing Vapors posted:

once you beat floor 50 boss, you can start at 50 whenever you want

I'm somewhere past floor 100 and I had no idea! Thank you!

Minrad posted:

Greetings,

Thank you for reporting this concern. We understand that it's incredibly frustrating to be unable to access your characters during Early Access, and deeply apologize for this inconvenience.

We have confirmed this issue with the development team, and they are putting high priority on continuing to investigate how to resolve this for players.

At this time, it seems that the situation will require a resolution via the client itself (through updating the version). As such, we expect it to take more than several days to resolve this issue, including the time required to create the patch.

However, because this error is not caused by the corruption of local data or due to a PC issue, it is likely that re-installing the game will not resolve this issue.

Again, we deeply apologize for the inconvenience. We'd also like to note that if you continue to attempt to log into the game there is a chance you may be able to log in, so please try again after some time has passed.

lol at anyone who thought they were safer after besting pipin's wall, only to fall into susanoo's pitfall

Sooo as it turns out, Raubahn and Pipin were just trying protecting us.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
As annoyed as I am by the protective wall of Ul'dah's favorite father and son duo, I feel really bad for those permanently stuck from the vengeful wrath of Susano-o. That, to me, is really royally messed up.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Blessed be to YoshiP, breaker of the Rauhbahn wall!

Also from what, 11 people per data center to 20,000 an hour is QUITE the strengthening. VERY STRONG.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I am getting more frequent 90k2 errors but honestly that's fine by me.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I really appreciate that The Fringes has a serious Sarutabaruta vibe to it's BGM, it is v good

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
As happy as I am about the doubled furnishing limit indoors, I am fairly bummed the outdoor furnishing limit was not similarly increased.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
AST can't see a fellow AST's cards in the party buff window anymore and that's pretty rough

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Zenos is a fun guy. I enjoy him taking my pride down a couple knocks.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
One of my retainers is a summoner and I have no desire to level smn/sch in SB. :rip:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Trying to decide which job to use a Tales of Adventure on: PLD, DRK, DRG, NIN, MCH, or BLM.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

Tough call. DRK and MCH start at 30, but leveling from 30 to 60/70 is still a pretty long grind.

All those classes are good. :shrug: Have you played them all in POTD to see how they actually feel to play yourself at higher level? Testing the classes at level 5 with no abilities doesn't really tell you anything.

Pick whichever you think has the coolest armor and weapons or whichever is the most fun to play. Use POTD to test out playing the classes at higher level without having to level up all the way.

All but THM/BLM are at least level 35, so I've got a feel for how almost all of the jobs played in HW. Good call on trying them out in POTD before making a choice, thanks!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Is it just me or does crafting now have some kind of reverb audio every 2 seconds. I can hear it when I craft and when others around me craft.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
My best friend has arrived

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
:rip: Ultros as well

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

YamataNoOrochi posted:

End of 70 MSQ spoiler He laughs at you, asks if we can truly let bygones be bygones at this point, then says we both knew how this was going to end from the moment it began.

the most tsundere of villians

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Can I still do the job quests if I boost a job to 60, or are they just automatically completed?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

Automatically completed

Ah ok, well hopefully I can watch them in the book or something.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Depths posted:

Is it just me or does the rhalgrs reach theme sound oddly familiar?

I haven't been there since the story forced me to Doma but the song that played per Doma was almost exactly America the Beautiful but with a slightly slowed tempo. I started singing the chorus of the song and the syllables outright matched as well.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

a kitten posted:

Definitely because I was humming it as soon as I stepped foot there, unfortunately my brain hasn't coughed up the information about what song it is exactly.

Note Block posted:

I haven't been there since the story forced me to Doma but the song that played per Doma was almost exactly America the Beautiful but with a slightly slowed tempo. I started singing the chorus of the song and the syllables outright matched as well.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Give em the ol razzle dazzle

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I finished the MSQ!

Can someone cast Res on my good friend Zenos, please?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Cythereal posted:

My character is only level 31 in the free trial. I know that's the elf girl who had about three lines that were all a variant of "everyone here is an rear end in a top hat" and left.

I'm pleasantly surprised to hear she gets better.

She doesn't 'get better', she just comes back full-time at the end of Heavensward

Alisaie keeps it 100 all the time, and thus, is good.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

SirPhoebos posted:

If you talk to major NPCs after the MSQ, they'll have new text to congratulate you. Hancock tells you he hopes you and the company can become Nakama (though it's not actually that word, he describes it as 'friends, but better because it's in fantasy-Japanese')

I started RDM after the MSQ and X'Rhun recognizes that I liberated Ala Mihgo, which is pretty impressive. This whole expansion has been about the little things.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I find it odd that the CE came with a figure of Zenos but he offs himself at the end of the 4.0 MSQ. Dude better come back in some manner, he's my best friend dammit.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

sword_man.gif posted:

while you were partying, i studied the blade

This belongs in a museum.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Does the ShopTo promotion work for people outside the EU? I also missed the Amazon promotion and would like the armor/fancy cloud.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

That's a loving bummer.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I would kill many men for Ultimate Crystal Tower.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Is the one-per account restriction on Tales of Adventure books lifted? I remember reading that it would be lifted in 4.1 but didn't see it in the patch notes.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm new to squadrons, is there a good guide around for getting started?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bolow posted:

Apparently I'm an rear end in a top hat for wanting to votekick some dude in Pharo Sirius who's in literal level 28 gear :shrug:

I straight up left a Stone Vigil after noticing the BLM was doing no damage because they were in level 15 sprout gear and were only casting Fire. Forget vote kicking, that's a sign from the Twelve to get out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

How? You get handed new gear over the course of the story!

I'm going to guess that PotD played a part in this BLM's horrendous journey.