Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Minrad posted:

No cleric stance is so loving amazing.

Like, I can't put into words how good it feels to refresh aero dots, regen someone, assize for full value, and then mix up stone and regen casts is to play

I feel vindicated.

In this moment, I am euphoric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Can someone check the gold saucer and report on the new weapons there?

I'm traveling and won't be able to play until late tonight.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

lol if you're actually standing in line.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Nothing is making you stand in line.

Mordiceius posted:

lol if you're actually standing in line.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Exmond posted:

If those one hundred people gave your $50 to come over for dinner they may expect some food.

This argument is pretty stupid as both sides have a point.

It's not worth it to pay for a massive server increase for a day or two of increased population. Six months from now, no one is going to give a poo poo about this first day congestion.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

Yeah, exactly this. It's better for them to handle incoming player requests at a slower rate than risk crashing the whole thing and forcing emergency maintenance.

Sucks that people are having a hard time with it during an early access period, though. I did Heavensward's early access and I don't think I had a single problem with it. I do hope there's at least some compensation for all the people that deliberately paid more money to play the new stuff before everyone else.

No one paid extra for early access.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

Oh, really? I thought it was a collector's edition bonus. It was just for preorders this time around? My mistake.

Then yeah I guess people should chill the gently caress out :shrug:

It was preorders last time around too.

I would venture to guess that 90% of active players probably preordered the game so majority of the playerbase is playing the expansion.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

strong bird posted:

I will when they compensate me for the game not working

strong bird posted:

No one should chill out. The game they paid for should work

strong bird posted:

It doesn't, so no.

You sure are pissy today.

Here, I have a solution for you: if you are feeling this pissy, why don't you just start playing on Tuesday at Stormblood's official launch instead of four days early, which was a bonus, not something you paid for?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Countblanc posted:

more accurately they know that people won't quit over this and buying additional servers specifically for ~2 weeks isn't really a great move financially

2 weeks? More like 48 hours. (For the record, I'm agreeing with you post)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

If you pre-ordered it was explicitly something you paid for.

It's OK for people to be upset about a blatantly bad design decision, on top of blatantly bad infrastructure planning.

If they don't get this fixed soon, they've hosed lots of people out of something they were promised, on top of wasting a lot of people's time.

You paid for Stormblood, a game releasing on June 20th.

A preorder bonus is explicitly that, a bonus, something extra beyond what you paid for. It is not a requirement and there is no guarantee.

Basically:

super sweet best pal posted:

Bwahahahaha! It's like all my namedays have come at once!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

strong bird posted:

I paid for the game and the game should work. If you do not agree with this statement you are a retard

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Sinteres posted:

Why would anyone stan for a corporation this hard?

Because people losing their mind over this are completely fascinating to me.

Yo, I totally get being frustrated, but goddamn are some people getting severely buttmad.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Sinteres posted:

I think it's fine/reasonable to tell people they should just try in a day or two if the problems with the game today are pissing them off too much to have fun, but getting into a semantics argument about how this is actually not at all a problem because Square Enix doesn't owe anyone a working product until Tuesday is a bit much.

Oh, I agree that it's super annoying, but I think we can look at the history of MMO/Expansion launches and could come to see this as an inevitability.

And is that a perfect answer? No. But with the way the internet and server structures work, there is only so much that can be done. I'm not sure what the fix should be either, because even if you didn't have this quest, there will be a bottleneck somewhere, as is inevitable when you have thousands of people trying all to do the same thing.

But as for the people who are severely buttmad and are one step away from calling this a "slap in the face," they should probably go take a nap. Or do something else. Go for a walk. It's beautiful outside right now.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Farg posted:

if the pre-order is a bonus then if SE just decided to nix the pre-order minion and earrings we would have nothing to complain about right?

Yeah. Pretty much.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Also shut up Mordicius, SE doesn't need you to white knight them. They hosed up and as a result a lot of people are blocked out of 99% of the expansion they expected to be playing today. A lot of those people planned around that expectation, taking off from work or whatever else. It loving sucks.

Don't 👏 take 👏 time 👏 off 👏 work 👏 for 👏 MMO 👏 launches. 👏

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

KoB posted:

wont someone think of the corporations?

At no point have I taken Square-Enix's side.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Hell, take off for day 2 or 3 of an MMO launch, but never burn it on day one. You're just asking to feel like you've wasted your time.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Im confused, how was that me defending the server explosions?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

According to a Kotaku interview, YoshiP said Blitzball will come eventually but they can't decide if they want to make it a sport game or a team management game.

Edit: holy gently caress this new avatar is amazing. :swoon:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Reiterpallasch posted:

whoever bought that av really should've put the cleric stance icon, not fracture

Truly a missed opportunity.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I can't wait for you guys to get to the Susano fight.

That boss is so loving fun.

But dear god DO NOT RUN IT WITH PUBBIES. That fight is going to be a goddamn pubbie destroyer.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Carmant posted:

I hope it can stay like that until I manage to drag sam into the 60's but they will probably nerf it into the ground as soon as people start complaining

Yeah. The fight isn't a joke. I don't remember what ilvl gear we had but it was a full set of lvl 63 green dungeon gear. We were hauling rear end on DPS and still we cutting it uncomfortably close on the DPS check.

You only need one failure on that DPS check to know if your group is in for a long series of retries all ending in failure.

The DPS check reminded me of a more extreme version of Bismarck's carapace.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

So (end of MSQ speculation) I was wondering whether or not we would be facing Zenos right when we hit level 70 or if the liberation of Ala Mhigo was going to be dragged out through the content patches. Being that the quest achievement grants the title "Liberator" and Ala Mhigo is an instance (which wasn't listed in the E3 build), I guess we can assume that we do kill Zenos at the end of the 4.0 MSQ.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

quote:

Pipin and Raubahn, at Gyr Abania.

Raubahn, his arm folded.

Pipin, when the wall fell.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Gathering is kinda extra unfun now. The nodes are too loving far apart and just all surrounded by enemies. Plus, you die to one hit from everything.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Have you considered that maybe SE made a really stupid change to solve a problem that didn't need to be fixed? I have seen very few if any people complain about tanks getting AP from vitality.

Do you ever make a post that isn't bitching?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Exmond posted:

Whats with your AV?

Someone got mad that I told people to stop spazzing out about the first two days of early access being rocky.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Reiterpallasch posted:

it's always the fuckin' white mages man

They pair nicely with the paladin honest tanks.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Reiterpallasch posted:

they didn't lock str right side pieces to dps, did they?

e: because if so, lol @ fister

That's why he's been endlessly bitching for the last 72 hours. "Now I have to keep a normal set of right side AND a 270 set of right side so I can have my STR accessories! :argh:"

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

90002 is the "you're hosed until your duty timer is up" error, right?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

We ended up making no mistakes and had only one death (melee lb3 at a predictably bad moment) so now I'm kinda curious about one mechanic: if you gently caress up the rocks by killing the wrong one or leaving the right one alive, what happens? raid aoe?

I have no idea, are fight mechanics a spoiler?

It's like Titan. That person dies.

SonicRulez posted:

Susano is really hype. Good music. Cool transition. Good feeling playing him too, because it's actually pretty easy to avoid his poo poo if you keep your head on straight. I love when bosses feel like a test of my reflexes more than any of the other sorts.

It's a drat pubbie smasher though. We wiped like 3 times.

Now imagine doing that at E3, where you have 7 strangers, and no guarantees any of them have ever played the game before. Also, you only get 3 attempts.

EDIT: I watched one group do the fight and this woman was playing as a Samurai (good job picking a class you definitely do not know how to play). She most of the time was out of melee range and struggled to stick to her target. They never made it past the sword.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

Never played this game, but I want to get the complete edition today, and jump in. Hope I won't be overwhelmed and intimidated being around people who already put 500 hours into the game.

Roll on Excalibur and we'll get you set up with a bunch of good poo poo.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Asimo posted:

gently caress. I was loving the new MCH... but then I tried to do a FATE. Leveling down unequips gauss barrel just like it did in Heavensward, but while it was previously only a mild annoyance it now costs you all your heat. :argh:

Honestly the heat mechanic is really interesting but it also seems horribly half baked and unfriendly. There's a lot of little tweaks they could do to make it better, but I don't imagine any of it happening quickly.

Oh gently caress! I just realized that I can do low level fates as a healer without having to toggle cleric stance all the drat time. Hell yeah.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Yeah, I'm starting to see an issue with my Au Ra in the level 50 Ishgard gear...

Makes me want to spend the 10 dollars on a Fantasia...

Go the true path... become a highlady.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

gently caress. A 30 minute rollback.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Note Block posted:

Can I still do the job quests if I boost a job to 60, or are they just automatically completed?

Note Block posted:

Can I still do the job quests if I boost a job to 60, or are they just automatically completed?

Automatically completed

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

The Otter pet comes from 18 hour Mining/Botany/Fishing venture at level 61.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Feels bad when you run out of leves. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Minrad posted:

did you forget to do HQ turn ins to your grand companies the past week or something? step it up, slacker

I ain't doing HQ turnins when the item is 300k on the AH. :colbert: