Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Bane change is probably the worst for SCH (or maybe Aetherflow MP being cut in half), but I think I'm most offended by the Bio change. Just a dick move, Squenix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Please tell me this isn't the same character lockout error people were getting from Susano....

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

I've been getting these occasionally (it actually started some time before Stormblood). I thought it was a hardware problem with my PC but a lot of other people have been getting them too, apparently.

In some instances I could not get the game to work again until I rebooted my computer.

Rebooting doesn't fix it.

Edit: VVVVVVV Holy poo poo :swoon: VVVVVVV

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

SCH just feels tedious this expansion. I solo around the new zones and chip away at trash mob's health, and then watch a DRK or something jog in, two-shot whatever's there, and jog away, job done. There was certainly a need to tone down something about Scholar performance, but they toned down everything instead.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Either the solution was just to wait a while, or to log into a character on another world, and then back to the one I was trying to play.

e: Local shout chat indicates it was everyone in Mor Dhona on Brynhildr.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

nuru posted:

I'm having trouble putting my finger on why SCH feels so bad, but I think it's that I have very little to do and the only good parts of my kit all require aetherflow. Bane still requiring aetherflow despite losing miasma 2, blizzard, and a good shadow flare feels absurd.

Super late to this post, but I think that it's because, faced with many different ways to tone down SCH performance, the dev team elected to go with the option: "every single one of them at once".

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

UHD posted:

I don't usually mind sidequests but they're starting to pop up at ridiculous times.

"Oh poo poo guys, someone's coming, we better hide!" *six sidequests appear out in the open*

I'm a fan of "Outsiders are not welcome here! BEGONE!" *Makes no further remark when you talk to him again for one of 6 or so side quests*

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Velthice posted:

Then again, so are dps and healers who do not use their "I do not want aggro anymore" button

Hell, for healers it's even exactly the same as their "I'd really rather not run out of mana" button.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

I have a feeling that SE is going to correct this pretty soon since "lower ilvl items are actually bis" is something they tried to avoid in the past.

I would bet cash money that the fix will be "i270 slaying accessories are class locked now" or "you can no longer swap gear inside an instance if it would put you below the minimum ilevel for the duty".

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

What I mostly want from BLU is skills inspired by enemy attacks, but not necessarily matching the exact effects. Bad Breath might be a cone DoT or slow or something, or similar to Overpower, if they went the magic tank route. Would also be cool to have some kind of mimic skill, that you can pop, absorb an attack, and send it back in some way.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

More because Samurai pops up in tons of other franchises, but Blue Mage is quintessentially FF.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Has Lustrate always had a 1s recast? I swear I remember being able to (accidentally or otherwise) dump all my aetherflow in like a second by mashing the button...

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

strong bird posted:

Rescue kicks rear end.

Absolutely this. I just wish I could fit it on my hotbar more often. Even with swapping protect out for something else after the first cast, there are too many cross-class skills that are almost always required for SCH in dungeons.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Satasha's like 3:30. How much could way faster possibly be?

Even as a 4.0 SCH, and not paying that much attention, I seem to do Sastasha in 4 and change. If there's a faster instance, I'm listening. :catstare:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Vitamean posted:

Has anyone else had their hotbars completely reset? I logged in today after having them be perfectly fine yesterday to see this

on a handful of my jobs. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason - it struck my RDM main that I didn't notice until I was in a Susano instance, as well as my 70 DRK, and also hit my NIN and MCH, which I haven't played since the expansion dropped.

Only thing I can think of is that I made a new character on a different server last night, but I don't get how that'd affect some of my jobs and not others.

I had this happen to me a month or so ago. It wasn't even a reset to default, but a reset to a very specific point in time like a year after I started playing.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

That's not why it's stupid.

It's stupid because nobody even bothers to help him out, they just stand there rambling about heroic sacrifices or whatever.

If you play healer, you get to try to heal him, but he still tells you to suck it up and evacuate.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

I've finally shaken my muscle memory trying to hit Bio 1 after Bio 2 and Miasma, and I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about that...

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Shy posted:

Wait if I can't meld mind on anything why does it exist?

PLDs melding for sweet Clemency boosts? :v:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

EponymousMrYar posted:

The DRK level 50 job quest is the best in the game, bar none.

I really hope Fray returns for more DRK story, someday.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Minrad posted:

new bane isn't the reason scholar aoe sucks dick now, it's the fact that they pruned one of the dots that bane was spreading on top of shadowflare nerf. the actual bane nerf is uh, what, 4% on 3 targets and 8% on 4? It shakes out to a small 10-20% nerf even in Big Boy 6+ mob double pulls in exdr.

Yeah, the real Bane nerf is losing our highest potency DoT.

e:^^^^Lord help you if you die right after Aetherflow goes on cool down, or with high Fairy Gauge.^^^^

TheRagamuffin fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jul 10, 2017

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Oh yeah, absolutely. It's just that "unless you popped" bit. If they're on cooldown you're far more crippled than a WHM or AST in a similar situation.

Those being on cool down is often the case if you're dead, too. I'm usually the 3rd or 4th to die if poo poo hits the fan, so that probably means lucid dreaming, aetherflow, and swiftcast all on cooldown by the time I stand back up, from trying to pick someone else up off the floor.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Lant posted:

If the situation is like that, then it's 99% a wipe already more on your party members or you're doing a normal Dun Scathe.

Fair enough, I'll take that as a good sign.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Then presumably we're going to fight Larry, Moe and Curly followed by Wrexsoul in order to help Hein save Kaien's soul.

Doma Castle (Hard)

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

That's gonna be the flooded underwater parts of the castle and the final boss will be Gogo.

Holy poo poo a Gogo boss would rule. I wanna see a 4-man boss that can potentially eat an LB2 and throw it right back at the party.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

do what i'm doing - level scholar :unsmigghh:

Yesssssss, this :getin:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

The healer sets in Stormblood are SO GOOD.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

So further reducing SCH damage?

God DAMMIT, monkey's paw.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Miasma II was a melee range AoE that dealt 20 damage and put a 10 potency dot on for 15s. Replacing Miasma I with Miasma II would be a dramatic damage decrease.

Plus, there's no way we're getting the heavy and malady effects back, whatever form Miasma 2 takes.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

m.hache posted:

Did they nerf the Density requirements on the Heavensward Relic? I'm about to start it up and it looks like the reddit live tracker was shut down like a week ago.

Just curious how painful it will be. I want my shiny Lux bow.

I just got to this spot, too. Curious if there's been any kind of nerf, or if it's just FYGM for anyone trying to relic from here on out.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Are there any aquapolis-only emotes? Dang, should I be stocking up on HW maps?

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Am I crazy, or is Miasma 2 around 3x better than it used to be? It seems like it's even worth spamming on 3+ mobs, if you can afford the mp.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Reiterpallasch posted:

incidentally, the new quickened aetherflow implementation is actually kind of a significant buff to dissipation, which is really funny once you think about the idea of dropping 9 lustrates in like 15 seconds

:aaaaa:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

It really does feel more like a SMN spell than SCH...

(pls don't take it away from me yoship)

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Calling it now, the new classes introduced in 5.0 will just be SMN and SCH, finally separated.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Velthice posted:

I just tried to solo nael. it didn't work, I actually think it's impossible because of a specific mechanic. but I got to the final phase before the crushing heartbreak. someone probably tried and found this out before me, but it was a neat way to kill an hour

So you think a duo or trio strat is possible, then?

e:

Brainamp posted:

Tried Nael the other day with three and the ice just eventually catches up in the last phase, though you might be able to burst the last few percent if you're quick enough. 4 seems to be the sweet spot for now.

Awww, this is about where my group was before 4.0...

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Last I tried, out makeup was WAR/SCH/SMN, and even with 2x rezzes, we we're dying to ice in the end. So I suppose we'll just have to turn to PF to get through that coil.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

As a newbie tank, I'm finding the biggest thing that trips me up is knowing what mobs In about to lose threat lead on. I kinda wish there were separate aggro icons for "you have a decent threat lead" versus "you have a tenuous threat lead". How do better tanks keep track of this? Do I just need to get used to reading the A/2/3/4/etc markers at a glance? Is there any way that doesn't involve just cycling through every mob?

e: Should I just not even care about this level of micromanagement, and just Overpower again, when in doubt?

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

How should I be using Excogitation? Just throw it up on cooldown and use it as an excuse to Broil more before I have to stop and think about Lustrate/Physick/Adlo, or what?

Largesse+Fey Illumination->Excog(->Eye for an Eye?)->Adlo(->Deploy?)-> DPS cause you're good for a while. :v:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Reiterpallasch posted:

don't forget eye for an eye, it's huge in giant pulls.

also:

largesse doesn't affect excog and lustrate because they're actions and not spells. largesse doesn't affect actions because fuuuuuck you.

Holy poo poo what :aaaaa:

Yeah gently caress that, trading largesse for rescue full time now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

RIP PvP Broil :smith: