Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

BrightWing posted:

I made a RDM glam. Its alright I guess.

No Red. No garish feathered hat.

0/10. VerFailure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Now that I've got my RDM situated pretty good I'm looking to level up something else. I've got WAR50 from the ARR days, is there a decent guide on this strange new WAR world I'm tempted to try out again, alternatively I'm thinking of trying DRK, anything useful there for a newbie?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

Does anyone on Excalibur want to do Susano Ex some time today or tomorrow? I haven't had very successful experiences with trying to clear in Party Finder so far. In game name is Ross Perot

It wouldn't be as frustrating if it was just someone misaligning the stormclouds occasionally, but instead it's things like repeatedly dying to churn, or failing the DPS check on the sword.

I'm not in any of the Goon FCs, but I might be interested. "Galaga Galaxian" in game, RDM. Did the fight a few evenings ago subbing into a group of friend's static. Didn't clear, but that was probably because we were solo healing it and it was our first attempts.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jul 1, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Hell I use the lights even during day to soften shadows and stuff. You can also use colored lights to enhance special effects:

Ramadu posted:

dang all the ladies look cool are there any cool lookin dudes tho

Evolution of a Red Mage:

Might go back to something similar to that last one when I get tired of the AF Duelist set.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The full Sirensong caster set, undyed is... interesting.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

ImpAtom posted:

They literally can't help him out. They're running out of time and if they try to pull him out then the entire thing falls on their head.

Yeah but then they spend a few minutes talking instead of spending those few minutes either A) Running away before they die B) finding a broken beam or something to try to prop the ceiling up.

I mean, the couple minutes of exposition wouldn't be so bad if everyone was at least trying to save Gosetsu while he talked and told them to save themselves and let him have his redemptionary sacrifice, but instead they just stand there.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

FisheyStix posted:

Oh nooooo, I saw that before your ninja edit!

Oh well. I just finished the Azim Steppe arc and there were bits that were basically the narrative equivalent of casting Doom on the poor person, so I'm not too surprised

I'm sorry :(

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Evil Fluffy posted:

:perfect:

When I was running potd to level samurai there was a newbie in there in their 30s with an atherpool rating in the high 60s. I cannot fathom why someone would play this way.

Because everyone says it is the best way to level! :downs:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah to get my screenshots of Vermillion Scourge I just asked my friends to let me get the killshot on a Lakshmi story mode with it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Edmond Dantes posted:

Just one more question before I pull the trigger: Do black mages get better looking stuff down the line? Because the job preview gear is awful, and I'm currently rocking something that makes me look like a cat nun. :catstare:

Or if you prefer "Modern" to "Classical"

At level 50 you get the ability to "Glamour" and change your equipped gear to look like whatever other piece of gear you want (as long as you are a level and class able to equip it).

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 5, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah the original BLM AF was dumb, see my picture above with the dyeable version and a much better hat.

Ferrinus posted:

It's insane that the "Polyglot" status doesn't shroud your face in shadow and replace your eyes with burning yellow motes.

Nah, that should be the /visor mode of every BLM AF hat.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Coughing Hobo posted:

Nero uses the same animations that Gaius used. He even has the same multi-swing attack.

I want to know why he hasn't pulled Mjolnir out of his pocket. We didn't break it or something back in Castrum Praetorium, did we?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Arenvald? Half-roe, half-hyur.

Are you sure? I swear I remember him confessing he was half Garlean during 2.0/2.X. The implication was his Ala Mohegan mother was raped by my Garlean soldier(s) during Ala Mihgo's invasion or early into the occupation (dude is barely older than Alphy).

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 5, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

drat auto correct

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah, he is one of the few echo users the Scions gathered that escaped the Waking Sands Massacre, IIRC because he was away on a minor assignment. It was good to see him again.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

So I dunno anymore. By his appearance, I assumed when he said "half-breed" it was Roe/Highlander, because I totally didn't remember him, at all. I would even swear he has the Hellsguard nose. But I clearly wasn't paying enough attention.

That's just what some Highlander's look like. I should know I play a Highlander. Also what website is that which shows the character creation info?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Shy posted:

Eh I Just vendor this trash.
Anybody on excal needs dexterity vi? I'll mail it to you.

Sure, feel free to mail me all the Dex VI Materias you want, Galaga Galaxian in game :v:. They're worth ~50k each on the marketboard.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

This is all I ever think of when that quest comes up.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

She's a bit of a maverick scion, but I don't think she'd go so far as to do the exact opposite of the Scion goal.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Whatever. :geno:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I was disappointed that Hoary Boulder, Coultenet & company didn't feature more in SB.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Flavahbeast posted:

What changes after the first day?

Its the Dun Scaith effect. All the reasonably skilled people get their poo poo done in the first few days, by the weekend its only the shitters who can barely clear left trying to get their weekly loot before the reset.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Clarste posted:

This is literally your superpower. It makes you one of the strongest people in the world.

But what about X'Ruhn!?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Sylphie's Mom must've been a scrub. Red Mages use only their own internal aether just fine. Of course, they've spent a few hundred years developing techniques to use their body as a focus and accelerator, so what I'm trying to say is :gitgud:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I just got WHM to 60 so I'm just starting to get into lillies, are they really that pointless?

Thundarr posted:

I'm fairly confident they have Komoto in charge of Eureka, so I've got some bad news for you.

Is that the FFXI guy? :ohdear:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Spent all my play time today gathering glamour bits. Mostly the sword Schlaeger from Castrum Abania and the caster boots from The Vault. However my glamour is complete.

Its actually for my new RDM retainer, I've decided to remodel all my retainers after characters (does anyone else do this?) Kinda tempted to do X'Ruhn instead though.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Gotta fund SA somehow I guess.

Well he has a tankbuster, but it's rather well telegraphed.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Countblanc posted:

Is any of Susano's damage magical? I toss out Addle for the second Uzemi or whatever it's called but I'm not actually sure if it's helping.

I assume the balls are during the sword block transition. I like to Apocastasis one of the tanks while they pop balls. Does it help? I don't know, but I feel useful! :downs:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Just another reason Swolelander is the best choice.

Just gimmie a pair of boxing gloves!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

How about this? An HQ version is competetive with the stripper top and its cheap on the marketboard.

http://xivdb.com/item/3178/woolen+bliaud

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

vOv posted:

Are the WHM 45 bottoms equally skimpy on male casters? IIRC the DRG AF set is the only one that actually has a noticeable difference.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Just another reason Swolelander is the best choice.

Just gimmie a pair of boxing gloves!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That is a dumb macro. I can see it now.

RDM Corps-a-Corps in, starts doing his combo. DRG deploys his stupid macro, it grabs the RDM, instead of the SAM just a bit further away. RDM displaces away and just goes back to shooting magic roses and poo poo from a distance, having never noticed the tether. lol Dragoon.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Or you could glance at the party list, see that SAM next to you is Party member 5, hit F5, hit your dragoneye thing, and then hit tab to retarget the boss.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Oxyclean posted:

Similarly, I wonder if there's specific plans for the Airship tower in Kugane, or if it's just future proofing.

Probably future proofing. Just like the empty aetheryte plaza in Ala Mhigo City proper (as opposed to the aetheryte in the residential area).

Besides lore says no airship has the range to make the journey across the ocean.

Then again if we get Radz-at-Han as a layover I could see the Ironworks team designing some new long ranged airship (alternatively routing through Ildabard as we kick Garlean teeth in during 5.0)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Saint Freak posted:

Twin Adders know how to make a recruitment poster though.

For half a second I thought that was supposed to be Raya-O.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Raya-O is the WHM trainer.
Kann-E is the secret lush of an Elder Seedseer.

AFAIK, Raya-O does not share her sister's taste for fermented bean-sauce.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Nobody expects the Ishgardian Inquisition!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

FillInTheBlank posted:

Click the little page button called Gear Set List and then you'll be able to make gear sets and then you can drag those to your hotbar to quickly switch around jobs.
Also the little refresh looking button will update your gear set when you equip a new piece.

And if you wanna be really cool/needlessly complicated, you can set up a macro button that hides hotbars you stick your job buttons and other rarely used things in. :v:

I enjoy making stupid macros for my HUD.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

People like to joke about that fight, but Charibert is probably one of my favorite dungeon bosses. Its just a nice set of mechanics, and I love the way the various moves are comboed together after the transition.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

They're not that complicated actually.

pre:
/micon "Misc"
/hotbar Display 6 Toggle
/hotbar Display 7 Toggle
pre:
/hotbar display 1
/hotbar display 2
/hotbar display 3
/hotbar display 4
/hotbar display 9
/hud "status effects"
/hud "parameter bar"
/bm
I've been thinking of figuring out a better one that dynamic reassigns actions to a single set of hotbars and you can just keep pressing the macro button (which itself gets swapped out every time you push it) to cycle through various "pages" (combat jobs, crafters/gatherers, emotes/misc junk, etc). I just have to figure out if things other than job actions can be assigned on the fly like that via macros (especially other macros).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Is there a way to similarly hide class UI stuff? Because Boy I'm sick of looking at the PLD gauge outside of combat.

Sadly I don't think so.