Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

For what it's worth, Suzaku EX is nearly impossible for me, and I've cleared O8S several times. Something about the second phase of that fight triggers visual/sensory overload for me and I can't keep track of anything that's going on, like my rotation. Or the instant kill mechanic she's about to fire off. Even the normal version of it gives me trouble.

But yeah, all of the other EX primals are pretty cool+good and (with the possible exception of Shinryu) challenging without being overly difficult.

Also, I'm glad that people liked the comfy winter outfits. Makes bullying my video game husband into modeling one worthwhile. :3:

Here's my Suzaku pro strat:

There are two patterns of colors--12341234 and 12344321. The former will always go in a circle around the arena, so it just hits the colors twice in order from a random starting point and in a random direction. In both cases, 1 and 4 will be adjacent
First, I identify which pattern is coming up next--the bird always flies clockwise so you have plenty of time to figure it out.
In either case, I move to color 4 initially.
In the 12341234 pattern, I pop sprint and follow the explosions around the arena in a circle
In the 12344321 pattern, I move into 1 as soon as it explodes, then move into 4 after it explodes twice

If you're a DPS hopefully you have your rotation on complete muscle memory so you can just mindlessly execute it while dodging. If you're a healer then may god have mercy on your soul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yeah getting 10 stacks isn't actually required, it's just frustrating when you can't get them because you don't live on top of the servers

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Meldonox posted:

They moved Primal not long before I stopped playing and it was way worse after the move. Is it still pretty bad?

It's been way better for me since they moved it since I'm west coast, Suzaku is just needlessly precise

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
One time in Ramuh normal I witnessed a dragoon who used no attacking moves other than Ring of Thorns and Piercing Talon

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've been using one hair for so long that switching just makes it not feel like my character anymore

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I said come in! posted:

I personally struggle to play the game on a controller, while finding the keyboard/mouse controls much easier. At least we won't have to chat in-game since we'll be in the same room.

I find the exact opposite. It's pretty much just personal preference. Especially if you're used to one control scheme or the other from other games

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
When I was a brand new baby dragoon in 2.1 I thought the "flank bonus: +15% damage for 18 seconds" or whatever it was was just telling me that hitting from the flank was 15% stronger (in addition to the listed potency buff? I dunno). I didn't have a plausible explanation for what the duration meant

Basically it's not hard at all to be a dumbass about what your buttons even do and while there's no helping people who just don't care, I assume there's plenty of people who do care a reasonable amount and legitimately think they're doing well. There should be a class tutorial mode for those people.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Countblanc posted:

I sorta feel the opposite, ffxiv's tooltips are generally transparent and Potency makes it super easy to figure out what buttons are the strongest. It's much easier than other games that give give you like, weird percentages of weapon damage plus another modifier in there for good measure.

At the very least DoTs should be reworded. Like chaos thrust currently says

"Damage over time
Potency: 35
Duration: 30s"

And without searching online you have no idea how good that is. It should probably say something like

"Damage over time
Potency: 350 over 30 seconds"

Because what you care about is the total damage, not how hard each tick hits

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Speaking as a dragoon, please send all tanks who don't use sprint in dungeons to re-education camps

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
A boss that casts benediction once guaranteed could be cool given at that point its just a fancy way to give the boss more health

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Can someone post the eos sweetie macro images please I need to show them to my static

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
omega-M and omega-F are the only boss models I particularly like looking at. All the other ones are varying degrees of ugly which drags this tier down a bit in my books

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Celebrity Ghost posted:

I got this on a cyber monday sale since I have some friends who play too, and I was wondering how important the server is. I understand we can do instanced content in the same cluster, but how much outdoor group content is there? Especially if we're all still on our first Jobs.

The expansion in 4-5 months will let you visit other servers on the same data center too. It won't be too long before your server determines nothing but your housing market

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Crutch

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Speaking of Crutch, if you decide to do T8 unsynced for some reason, bringing two melee DPS should let you completely ignore ballistic missile by Crutching the bound people

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Thundarr posted:

Wait, so they pulled away a huge amount of developer resources this expansion cycle to create something that they expected to have a very niche user base?

yes, but enough about lord of verminion

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
This is the first raid tier in stormblood where I've had a static and thus the first where I've bothered with the final fight and I want to say I hate the door fight mechanic. I really really hate that you get punished for reinstancing. It's stupid and dumb and should die in the next expansion

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Thyrork posted:

I don't hate it, I wouldn't miss it. It has had some very spectacular looking transitions.

Literally my only complaint (though it's a big one) is that leaving and reentering the instance makes you do door again. If they fix that they can keep the transitions

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Surge is more likely to gently caress you up if you have a lag spike but it's basically a cheap trick that kills you once and then never again whereas if you're tired or whatever a normal larboard/starboard can still get you while your brain is catching up

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
They have buybacks for gil tomestones can't be harder under a sane system

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Raid group finally got through Hello World 2 last night and hit enrage. I think we'll clear tonight, just in time for the new patch.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Just got my Omega clear, like eight weeks late

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
someone post your best femroe gpose I need to show someone what femroes look like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Dragoon is practically unchanged but does flashy stuff slightly more often I'm sold that's all I really wanted