Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Is there a way to find all of the Blue+ Quests without going to each individual area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Thanks!

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

I'm diving into leveling all the gatherer and crafting classes.

Is there a guide around that would help figure out everything I'd need to get via gatherers so crafting will be straight forward?

EDIT: Sucks I missed out on the old preorder earring...will make this rougher

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Is the mobile app still trash and not worth it?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Bolow posted:

It's like 30 leves per crafter class to get them from 50 to 60, and about the some for 60-70. If you have money and no time, just getting someone to make you a levekit and cheesing the whole leveling process is damned quick and easily doable before 5.0 drops

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11L0KG35EXmEk3LsYvncYVj7w7E05aPxE--ZetnJIRC4/edit#gid=1636215448

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yhd-yEa7dPj2WY9X3t02w0P3WeDydVRCWWzQiBoifuA/edit#gid=997516667

Thanks for this. Been looking for info like this since I am currently attempting to level all my crafters from 1 (all of them are currently 15).

EDIT: Any similar guides to avoid leve usage if you have gathering classes available (at least for 15-50)

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 12, 2019

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Bolow posted:

Don't use gathering leves period unless you're absolutely desperate for XP. You're better off mindlessly grinding away until you hit like 54 I think? Then you can do scrip turn ins all the way to 70.

That is actually what I've been doing for gathering classes (mindlessly grinding).

I meant a guide to avoid crafting leves if I have gatherer classes leveled up to help collect materials.
Mainly because I'd burn through my allowance just getting one class to 50.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Well that was a nice way for maintenance to start. Won 500k for finding a guy hidden in Limsa.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

A house plot finally opened up on the server that my FC has been waiting for, but it appears to be camped by bots that have not budged for 8 hours constantly checking for it to unlock.

How are we supposed to compete with that?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

FC got really lucky and managed to grab a small house in Goblet (#10) despite some people sitting there for 9+ hours constantly retrying.

Are the crafting stations worth making? Or is the bonus not even worth it?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Is there a proper channel in-game for requesting things like levekits for leveling crafting? Or is it just /shout in main city?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Phone posted:

if you're on excal:
level 15-50 levekit
300k if you include all mats (intermediate, not raw materials)
450k if you include all mats (mostly raw materials)
850k if i provide mats

you have to provide a link to one of the sites with a list of what you want and how many of them (garlandtools, etc)

I see. I'm on Leviathan so out of luck there.
May just look into crafting it myself. Should hopefully become easier to HQ once I get Culinary to 37.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

So I'm currently working on leveling up all the crafts. Currently have Goldsmith, Carpenter, Weaver, and the 3 gatherers are 50+.

Where is this vendor that sells level 50 gather/crafting gear in Heavensward?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Currently working through Heavensward crafting/gathering.

Any tips on when I should craft a HQ gear set for both to help make it to Stormblood?

The ones on market are super expensive

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Is there a resource for crafting rotations to use as I'm leveling/gain more CP?

Currently at level 54 for all crafts so I have all the cross-skills but not sure what would be optimal at this point.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

jalapeno_dude posted:

https://ffxiv-beta.lokyst.net/#/simulator

Enjoy. (I mean that unironically! Figuring out crafting rotations as you level and clear stat thresholds is probably the most interesting part of crafting.)

Yeah I'll have to mess with this. A shame I can't import (it appears broken right now) and have to setup each crafting tab separately.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Any particular food to make/buy off marketboard for Stormblood gathering/crafting? Just wrapped up Heavensward crafting and entering Stormblood.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Starting to hit 70 with all gatherers and crafters.

Any tips on working towards the 340 gear?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Thanks for info. How far should I push gathering gear in order to collect the mats I need?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Almost done maxing crafts. Any tips of crafting yellow scrip farming? Need to get a hold of 120 Kingcraft for the crafting gear, and I already used two weeks of custom deliveries for the gathering gear

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Now that I've finished gathering and crafting, I'm diving into leveling all the war/magic classes.

Any tips besides food + Squadron Battle Manual + EXP boosting equipment like earring?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Captain Cappy posted:

Dehumanize yourself and face to bad tanks, healers, the other dps, and yourself

Oh dear....yeah I'm probably going to hate humanity by the end of this.

More so than usual.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Thanks for info

Captain Cappy posted:

- Your Grand Company Squad can run with you through dungeons. Once they get max Attack stance they will be doubling what a normal dps would do. They can be miserable though because you have to do all the mechanics yourself.

Oh right, I keep forgetting to look into this. I noticed they have stance but never found out how to boost said stances.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Is there a handy site/application to track things for completionist sake?

I found the FFXIV Checklist which is a sheet (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WbtRgktbX3ndfxKKQEEakD4dqrcclYBy/view), but it is annoying to use/update.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

FortMan posted:

It's done.

Don't have to worry about this again until July.

Did I make a mistake going armorer instead of leatherworker for desynthing?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Any tips/tools for completing fishing log and crafting log?

Besides not doing it

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

jalapeno_dude posted:

Crafting log is pretty straightforwardly just going though and checking off everything. Note that there's a bunch of 50-starred stuff that actually counts for completion and requires mats from unspoiled nodes, so start gathering darksteel ore/gold ore/silkworm cocoon now. http://www.ffxiv-gathering.com/20.php is your friend. You're also going to need approximately a billion granite for housing items; hope you have a mining retainer. HW crafting is also pretty awful in terms of having to gather lots of hidden/timed mats. If you're just going for the glowy tools you get to skip ~10 items per class; use this to avoid some of the glam/housing items that have expensive mats. If you plan on doing alchemist you're going to need to deal with all the items made with flowers; if you grow them yourself it'll take several weeks. Assuming you go slow enough or have enough retainer+inventory space to hang on to housing/glamour items long enough for them to sell in slow markets, you will probably come out gil-neutral or gil-positive, especially if you can also desynth things, but expect to have to spend ~5-10 million gil initially even if you're doing almost all the gathering yourself.

For fishing log bounce around between https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Fishing_Log, http://ff14angler.com, and http://ff14fish.carbuncleplushy.com. You will need to do both big fishing and spearfishing, unfortunately.

Thanks for info. If I read correctly, I don't need to worry about mastery items. Are there any other sections that can be ignored?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

drat, so diving into crafting log completion, I'm realizing the worst part is shards.
Are the only good ways of getting shards via retainers and gardening?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

johnny park posted:

aetherial reduction gives shards/crystals/clusters i think

Based on what I've been reading it only gives crystals and clusters, which results in everyone swimming in those two but shards are going for 100 each on marketplace.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Wondering what I need to do before transfer happens.

What I can think of:
1. Pick up everything in room
2. Take everything off marketboard
3. Make sure everything in FC chest is stored on someone

Anything else?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Any tips for pushing desynthing for Armorer, Weaver, and Goldsmith from 300 to max? Dungeon drops from leveling classes to 70 helped me get to that point, but now I guess I need to find a method to push up to the point where I can desynth Ghimlyt Dark drops.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Now that I'm starting to get more classes to 70 I gotta figure out good glamours for roes

I'm currently using (all with Elegant Rimless Glasses):

Caster (Shire)

Ranged DPS (Shire)

Melee DPS (that set from MSQ)

Tank (WoD Tank set)

Healer (Midan Coat of Healing)

I like the coat, but I am iffy on the collar...but I think I found a workaround

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Goal of getting all classes to 70 before expansion hits seems possible (63 Bard, 63 Machinist, 66 Black Mage left), but doubt I'll be able to push my Armorer (330), Tailor (300), and Goldsmith (320) to 390 desynth in time.

Anyone familiar with Stormblood launch know if required materials to craft everything in 71-75, 76-80, and the new housing stuff is put together before the patch actually hits? Would be handy to have so I can level gatherers through just gathering the materials needed.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Anything I should buy from Make it Rain event store before event ends?

EDIT: Also finally finished maxing all battle/crafting/gathering classes just in time.

Now I can enjoy a few days without worrying about EXP before the cycle begins anew

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Trying to get things setup for Friday.

Will leves/custom deliveries all get reduced to 10k exp when expansion hits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Piece by Piece limited to 1000? Oh noooo