Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Bone posted:

Weird because the pop up in the actual game client still says 6pm. My bad, still annoying.

Dang sorry if it felt like I was attacking you, to be clear I am annoyed at a video game not you as a person.

All the data centers are going offline from 6pm to 3am for a patch. The n/a data centers are off from 3am to 3am for the migration and patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

:sigh: Some day, there will be pants.

I can only imagine that the squenix art offices have Zettai ryōiki painted over the employee entrance in bright red.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Leal posted:

How soon we forget the 120 caster pants and its frilly mini and horny tail.

can we?
Can we forget them?
Forever?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Cabbit posted:

Metzen isn't the one hurting anyone, he retired and just voices Thrall now.

Ion, on the other hand..

"I was fighting the Empire, I don't want to go to the First."
"You think don't you want that, but you do."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Cabbit posted:

Got that, but the mane being a real rich purple kind of ruins the effect.

How about the fire or lightning horse? You are a black mage.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP my headphone wearing ears.

e: :argh:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Audio was working, barely, now it isn't, what the hell.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

What was that?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Givin posted:

True gamers are on YouTube right now.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

FFXIV: For Her.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

FireIV refreshes AF, and AF/AI last 15 seconds.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The hrothgar have only 4 faces and each face has 2 hairstyles. Face and hairstyle are intrinsically linked.

This seems... not good?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

No, I get that. But the issue there is that unless I'm missing something or they do something special for Hrothgar they have no access to new hairstyles like literally all the other races. That's super lovely because it means that Hrothgar players are getting even further left in the rain when it comes to event prizes or whatever. Considering they give away special hairstyles as prizes for contests (Strife Hair) and include it as part of the cost for Mogstation things, it feels like a pretty big oversight.

Yeah, I was looking forward to dressing up my purple bara cat man as Noctis, complete with his hair that I farmed MGP for.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Eimi posted:

The rdm changes look muddled? I'm glad nothing major is changing and some variety in aoe is nice. But more spenders on your gauge feel weird, since it doesn't exactly fill up fast, it looks like corps a corps and displacement still do damage sadly, and theres no ice or water move to complete the elemental arsenal. The new animations didn't even look that flashy to me.

If Fire IV refreshes AF though, I might return to being a BLM at least.

It doesn't look like Fire IV refreshes AF, what I was seeing was the new single target flare.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

This isn't a bad look, Though the scars seem... off, for some reason. Like they're floating on top of their fur.

Also the fact that they have completely human feet is really off-putting and they basically need to always wear boots.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

My understanding was that he meant
"Everyone is going to heal, you're no longer going to bring a shielder and a healer."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Leofish posted:

I only had about 20 minutes with the Benchmark this morning before I had to go to work, but I'm not sold on Hrothgar yet. I may have to experiment a bit more, but I don't intend to fantasia away from Elezen as it stands right now.

I only tried Helion. I'll have to see what the other clan looks like.

Hellions have reds and greens for skin tone. Lost have blues and purples. I think they both have the one face that can do Ronso horns.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

This is slightly illuminating - I hadn't seen tooltips pulled that showed regular veraero and thunder and didn't remember the were set to much earlier then level 18 & 22. Scatter is at 18, so probably a safe assumption it's getting axed for the aoe aero and thunder.

Guess the names are maybe just placeholders and they'll be called something else at release like Veraero II. Still would have rathered they went with VerIce and VerWater to round out the elements.

What's up with Engagement and Displacement sharing a recast timer?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

it also suffers severely at lower levels. So much of your damage and utility are locked behind things you don't get till higher levels.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Asimo posted:

Yeah. I honestly like 60+ SMN but it's just so dire before that. Probably as awkward as low-level MCH is, and it's probably not a coincidence that they're the two DPS up for a major rework.

I don't mind the 60/50 queues since I have *most* of the stuff that makes me work. But I refuse to do the leveling roulette on my SMN for fear I get anything below level 40.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

BisbyWorl posted:

Below 40? Anything below 50 locks out Enkindle and Shadow Flare, leaving you with Bane, pet AoE, and a 30 potency Tri-Bind for dealing with groups.

I really wish they would bump the sync level for AV by 1, because being so close from your ARR capstones is excruciating.

While true, anything below 35 means you lose Fester and have nothing that actually feels satisfying to press.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Vermain posted:

Keep in mind that A) the version they were playing on is an old version, and potencies may have been adjusted on the live version, and B) non-healer cure potencies can be wildly misleading. Clemency is still 1,200 potency, even though it's not anywhere near that in "real" terms if you're doing a direct comparison with healer potencies.
This is the problem.
Physick is 400 cure potency. Vercure is 350. But a Summoner's Physick cures for less than 400 and a Vercure can heal for five digits. It depends on if they let it scale off of Int or not.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

New summoner looks pretty great. All your pets are instant cast on a 10 second cooldown. Ifrit is single target. Garuda is AOE. Titan exists. Your cooldown rotation seems to be Dreadwyrm-->Bahamut-->Firebird-->Phoenix without needing to worry about turning aether into dreadwyrm aether or not.
Bane doesn't cost Aether anymore, and also spreads Tridisaster(Which lasts 30 seconds).

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I presume there's some way(probably via macro) to turn Freeze into "Cast this at my target's location why is there even a targeting circle who designed this shitshow of a spell"?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Givin posted:

When GNB get a wings ability but it's a bunch of guns shooting out of its back, I'd consider a switch.

Nah, just guns pop out of everywhere like the Heavyarms Custom.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Obligatum VII posted:

I just wish its animations were not literally just "throw some fire effects on Bahamut's animations". Feels lazy, y'know?

I wonder how Alisae is going to feel about us using Phoenix.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Glagha posted:

I mean it's like that because as I recall Mages have a similar button in WoW. But the point of it is that for those classes that can't do their attacks while moving not having a button for that means that your damage becomes zero whenever mechanics happen. BLM already suffers enough whenever they have to interrupt their rotation to move, no reason to make it worse.

yes and No. The mage specs all have some spell they can cast while moving but in most cases they don't want to. Warlocks are worse off. Mages can refresh their Dots, and Destruction warlocks have an instant cast spell that they can theoretically cast with moving, but Casting it on cooldown is more or less a vital part of their rotation and otherwise they want to stand with their feet planted firmly to the ground casting their 3 second cast time spells.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

As someone who's new to Stormblood content I have no idea what Eureka is other than it seemingly invoking some kind of lizard-brain response from the mere mention of it's existence.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Do they normally do a mechanics patch in advance of the expansion ala WoW? or is it "(pre)release day here's the patch have your new stuff enjoy."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I'd love to see some more egi glamours besides "Turn off the Egi form..also I guess ruby carbuncle exists, no you can't mix and match, also it's a console command."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Did we ever find out why they were doing that coy "the woman Thancred called minfilia" stuff? Or was it a quirk of the translation.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Annath posted:

So the "Duty Roulette: Main Scenario"?

Yes. You get 3 mooglestones but you can't skip cutscenes. So do it while you have something else to do during the downtime.

The alliance raid roulette is basically guaranteed to give you one of the crystal tower raids right now(so long as you've unlocked them) which are potentially quicker and reward 2 mooglestones.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Annath posted:

I highly doubt I've unlocked them, how do I do so?
Questline starts here.
https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Legacy_of_Allag

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Clarste posted:

They like/hate you because you are the sort of person who punches your fist into your palm, nods, and casually goes off to kill god(s). It's pretty clear that you're being characterized by your past actions at this point.

"I'll kill your god if I have to, probably even if I don't."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

UHD posted:

I didn’t want to watch the new trailer thing but I’m bored at work and it showed up on my YouTube recommendations so welp

i don’t know if solus is lying or not but the ascians have an agenda which means everything they say and do must be considered through that lens

he’s probably technically right because hydaelyn needs aether to survive and whatnot but that doesn’t make her a primal

also a little tired of “what you thought were good guys actually aren’t” plots but ff xiv tells its story well enough that I’m still going to play the gently caress out of it

either way I’m extra hype now

Yeah, it's similar to Gaius' whole speech before the Ultima battle.

If you use enough Aether you're able to summon any god. Shiva, Tsukuyomi, and Louisoux's failed summoning of the twelve all proved that. The difference between Hydaelyn and the primals is that Hydaelyn doesn't seem to want that. The primals do.

If anything I imagine it's that if you use enough aether the gods literally cannot refuse to be summoned, and the will of the summoner taints how they manifest (see: scared kid titan). But that doesn't mean that Garlemald's full facist fantasy aetheism now is the correct answer either.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Even with that revelation or "revelation" given Solus may not be entirely truthful, Hydaelin probably still isn't evil so much as inscrutable. There have been other primals like Ramuh and Shiva that aren't bad guys, even though we fight them anyway because that's just how we roll, and fighting Hydaelin once her goals eventually come into conflict with ours has been one of the most common fan theories for years.

Middy is definitely going to pop back into the story at some point with more cryptic input on the matter. He seems to know what Hydaelin is and doesn't have a big problem with it, so it's hard to say what side he'd take when the throwdown starts. He's watched me beat up a copy of him at his best though so maybe he'll just sit that fight out.

I wonder now, what actually happens to the planet if we punch out Hydaelin?

Given the source of the information? the source becomes another void shard. or reunification.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

CuddlyZombie posted:

I read a lore discussion post elsewhere about how perhaps light and dark and Hydaelyn and Zodiark are manifested by peoples’ desire for there to be cosmic good and evil and now I want an expansion boss to be The Fallacious Concept of a Just World

At least the music for Fallacious Concept of a Just World(Savage) will probably be rocking.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Cythereal posted:

I still need to decide whether to do SMN or RDM first. SMN is more interesting to play, RDM is more fun.

New SMN will probably be very good since you no longer have to worry about dreadwrym aether and keeping up aetherflow for ogcds during bahamut.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I will be leveling a healer for the exact opposite of this reason.

Lyse's epic book duel (which she totally lost) was one of the best parts of the story.

"Please, show these broken men your dramatic victory pose."
(Scribbles something down in a book, nods)
"HOLY poo poo THAT WAS SO INSPIRING!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

And if I'm reading this right, the extreme/Savage versions will just be your delusional remembrances of how hard you thought the fight was.