Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Rainuwastaken posted:

Equilibrium is an offglobal :ssh:

But it's gonna become an instant cast come SHB, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
The way I see it, there are two valid uses for Tsubamegaeshi: 2sen and 3sen, because no potency off any of those will go to waste. Maybe you can Tsubamegaeshi a Higabana if you hosed up and don't have the kenki to Kaiten it, or something, but even that feels like something you'd really need to screw up to have to fall back on.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mordiceius posted:

It used to require 30 and 32 instead of 23 and 25. YOU HAVE IT EASY AND IT HAS MADE YOU SOFT.

Stop that, dude.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
SAMposting? I'm down.

High Steel Uchigatana, though when I was levelling, I used the upgraded Shiva katana because Yukikaze felt like it needed justification.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

glamurai

I wanted to use the awkwardly short kimono for something damnit.

I don't think I've ever seen that sword before.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

.....I WANT TO RIDE ONE OF THOSE

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Hommando posted:

I use the same one, it's the Tsukuyomi extreme drop.

Oh, never mind, Elf was just holding the sword at an angle and it looked weird. Like it was shorter than the usual standard samurai sword.

I thought SE had snuck in a broken katana model and I totally didn't know.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
never mind, I'm wrong.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jun 9, 2019

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

A Bug posted:

I should really get around to getting the ghost barque katana. Are there any others that look like a glorified cavalry saber?

Yes, the one from Google Library normal is the same model.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

A Bug posted:

Wonderful, thank you.

You may also be able to bypass farming if you're Flames, the Flame Captain's Samurai Blade is also the same model. It's a newer addition and was not there when I last looked, but, of course, requires you to be Flames and capped your Squadron poo poo, I think.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Oxyclean posted:

I wish my War could have that giant frying pan.

Knowing the devs? THEY'LL GIVE IT TO THE loving DRKS, THE BASTARDS.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

ImpAtom posted:

Welp, we gotta kill us a Momcrystal.

spoiler

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

DizzyBum posted:

Where did they move Primal to, again? I'm on the east coast and my latency didn't change at all after the move.

Never had a problem with dodging AoE except for Titan's, but everyone's had that problem because it was designed with tight timers.

Montreal to Sacramento.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

isk posted:

SB Hildibrand is pretty good and ends extremely strong

IF I COULD loving GET A GODDAMN GROUP TO DO KUGANE OHASHI.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Thundarr posted:

I don't see how that fight compares to Diabolos Hollow at all. It's more like Ozma if Ozma was a big chuuni dude.

HOW DARE YOU.

YOU WILL TREAT TG CID WITH THE PROPER FEAR AND HUMILITY HE IS OWED.

alternate post: Please flee from TG Cid single-file in an orderly fashion.

alternate alternate post: Found the loser who never played FFT!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SonicRulez posted:

Just in case anyone is interested in commissions of their character, there's an artist on Twitter who is giving me life. @Dokinana is their handle.

For all who are as frivolous with their spending as I am.

jfc, Yozora, why are you and your waifu so teeth-rottingly adorable. =E

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mordiceius posted:

Thinking of doing some FFXIV screen printing. What should I make?

Allagan Tomestone phone case skin?

Will pay you for one for my S9+.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Anyone want to help contribute to a "final countdown to SHB checklist"? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z9u96aJeGbpcn7RXTxW4c2xuUw2r2bQ4Q3oOlFN8Aks/edit?usp=sharing

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

hobbesmaster posted:

This doesn't seem to be public? It said I was unauthorized

Forgot to tick a box under advanced share options, fixed. URL is still the same: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z9u96aJeGbpcn7RXTxW4c2xuUw2r2bQ4Q3oOlFN8Aks/edit?usp=sharing

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

sudo rm -rf posted:

also is there any reason i shouldn't buy the ff14 complete edition on steam? it has the base game and stormblood

Bless you for asking before pulling the trigger.

You're locked into buying all your future expansions through Steam, and can never take advantage of the steeply ramping discounts that happen shortly before and after an expansion launch.

Furthermore, it has been indicated by the devs in the future (and through datamined login strings) that current Steam-purchased copies of the game will be forced to log in to Steam in order to fire up the launcher to punch in your password and authenticator code.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
They always release a patch or a new game every time someone else does the same. This is not new behaviour for them. They knew what they were worth, and that they were the only game in town.

That said, unfortunately for Blizzard, they are not the end-all be-all of games anymore, and this probably hurts them more than it has helped them in the past.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Contrary to a different MMO with player retention problems, FFXIV has no reason to continually pump out expansion after expansion without ever coming to an end.

Combined with murmurs about FFXVI, I fully expect the MMO to finish the story that it has wanted to tell us, and end/move into maintenance mode before the issue of doing stat squishes becomes a necessity.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 18, 2019

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

aers posted:

8.0 - august 13
8.1 - december 11
8.1.5 - march 12
8.2 - june 25

Obviously they always release patches near FFXIV expansions (you can check major patch dates vs earlier expansions) but its not like they delayed or moved forward the patch for this, its their normal release schedule. Should they just not release game updates?

I mean, if it makes life better for the WoW players by making sure that THEY get a steady stream of content to keep up with the steady stream of content that FFXIV makes? Sure, no skin off our noses. They get a better experience than the year-long content drought of WoD. Unfortunately, I don't think Blizzard realizes that WoW ain't the end-all be-all, where everyone drops whatever other game they were playing to pack back into WoW anymore. (not saying that FFXIV is, I'm saying that I'm seeing a lot of my friends go "meh" when new WoW patches come out, where they would do the thing I just described previously.)

Therefore:

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 20, 2019

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Here's a secret if you need/want a Zantetsuken and have BSM desynth levelled: You're dumb, why did you level BSM desynth. Also, you can desynth the Odin Fountain to get the currency needed to buy a Zantetsuken. Don't ask how I found this out.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I got home and went back to look up my lovely pubbie stories:

I may have one more, I'm still looking through screenshots, but I gotta say, it took me until my second? third? year of playing that I actually came across truly anger-inducing pubs.

I hope that in maneuvering myself to place the SCH following me and their fairy either outside of healing range and/or behind LOS while continuing to do my job, I comported myself in a manner that would make goons proud.

edit: Nope, no more. Actually, considering that I've been playing this game for ... almost six years now, that I've only really had one genuinely bad experience with pubs says a lot about the game, I think.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 24, 2019

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
You mean you guys *don't* get hit on at least once every few months? 😬

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Leal posted:

Must be playing some ugly character :smuggo:

Well, it's certainly gone down since I popped a fantasia.

Been screwing around with being a potato, am debating between holding that long enough to get through the Dwarf area, or going straight to Hrothgar on SHB launch.

If not, it might be back to Roe depending on how sad Hrothgar makes me.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

FactsAreUseless posted:

That Lalafell is the only time I've liked the motorcycle mount.

Still never going to change my mind about the stupid Regalia though

K-kansei dorifto?!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Onmi posted:

Also, my current paladin kit, I'm still trying to settle on good gauntlets and grieves. I just wish I could get the armour white while keeping the red cape.

That's a good look.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
JESUS gently caress, SE, IT IS NOW WEEK-OF. WHERE ARE THE NAMING CONVENTIONS THREADS.

Cabbit posted:

Kind of a hard sell to have a role just for one job and one job only. Queue times would be even worse than they already are.

Queue times would be what they would be regardless.

SE stated in a live letter that they found that people who tended to play tanks continued to play tanks, people who tended to play healers, continued to play healers, and people who tended to play DPS continued to play DPS.

That, however, was in a post-HW live letter, but since they still haven't done one-of-each role again, I assume the conclusions they drew from that experience still hold up.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 25, 2019

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

https://warriorsinthedarkness.com/

quote:

Make an impact on the lives of America’s real-life warriors by making a donation to the Gary Sinise Foundation today—and Square Enix will match that donation, dollar for dollar, up to $50,000.

Your donation goes toward national and local programs that honor and serve America’s defenders, veterans, first responders and their families 365 days a year.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Martin BadClixx posted:

Don't encourage more bunnies and cat people

Lalafel all

The

Way

through the end of the dwarf part of MSQ, and then Fantasiaing to Hrothgar, right.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Failboattootoot posted:

There's no point doing this, the server availability refreshes at set times. I believe the server status refreshes every 6 hours and I think those times are 8 pm, 2 am, 8 am, and 2 pm. May be wrong on this, but I'm not having any luck digging up the actual times.

Even that is no longer true. The new server status page they put up (found here) updates in relatively close-to realtime now.

It's just that they lowered the "we're full!" cutoffs to try and shape traffic towards the less-populated Crystal.

It sucks, but keep trying, the goon support network WANTS TO HELP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I loving hate Nier Automata.

There. I said it. Route B's combat singlehandedly ruins the game for me, though it got better once I begrudgingly started using a controller and tapped into all those accumulated hours of Geometry Wars.

But I eventually pushed through and am almost done beating the drat thing not because I'm having fun, but because I'm engaged in the story on its own merits before seeing how they link it to FFXIV.