Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Daynab posted:

Okay so I know the answer to my post is just going to be "Join a static, stupid!" which is 100% right and valid, but I used to lead a static and have been enjoying the pug life (until recently) since they all stopped playing.

But why is PF such a trash fire this tier? I struggled to clear o10 for like a week running multiple hours every single night, and now I've been stuck on o11s enrage parties for like a week and a half. I never had this many issues in Sigma and it was comparatively reliable.

At this point I feel cursed, even last night I managed to get invited as a sub to a static group that have been clearing it for weeks and they couldn't manage to clear it with a bunch of random lag, d/cs and greed deaths :v:

It's not just you, my partial static has been struggling to find competent players / pubbies after having a reasonable time of it in the first two tiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

small bird pudding posted:

...anyone know what happens to an instance if everyone in it disconnects?

It didn't matter because we failed to clear O10S again despite the mechanics being really simple :haw:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I assumed the Limited thing meant that BLU would be available only to people who preordered Shadowbringer, otherwise you would have to wait for the actual expansion to play BLU.

This would also fit with why the level cap is 50, they don't want preorders to get ahead of the other new jobs in Shadowbringer which will presumably be starting at 50.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So BLU is a side job, GUN is either a tank or a dps, they said there's gonna be multiple jobs for Shadowblood. What's left?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

While we're doing retrospects of Stormblood, O10S is one of the worst raid fights I've ever experienced and ended up killing my static. I have zero motivation or interest in seeing O11S or O12S, either.

I think this raiding tier was a big letdown after how enjoyable Deltascape and Sigmascape were. What's weird is Chaos was actually fairly decent for an introductory fight. It's like the moment they started doing OC instead of taking a fight inspired by a prior FF boss they forgot how to make an enjoyable raid.

It's not even the difficulty itself per se, or the one-hit-kills -- Exdeath and Kefka were pretty hard and had a very generous amount of OHKs, but they didn't burn my team out as hard as Midgardsormr did. Just everything about Middy feels excessive; the boss hitbox, the size of the attacks, the zero room for real mistakes, the compounded mechanics with a hair-splitting amount of precision required.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That justification for Blue Mage is really confusing after they turned Summoner into a DoT caster

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

oh no blimp issue posted:

GUN is a healer where you shoot people to make them better

But we have CHM for that.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I think it's a missed opportunity to really strike out into new territory with BLU as a tank class wielding (Magic) hammers/rods and getting hit to enable Monster Skill. That said I'm pretty much over it, I was never hype for BLU as a dps, so if they can do something creative with whatever the gently caress a Limited Job is then sure, go ahead.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I read the article and most of you are being giant babies.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

DapperDuck posted:

People are also overlooking the fact SE paid him to be there. $150 for a ticket, probably $700 for a plane ride, probably $300 for room and board. Over grand easy for an article it doesn’t even seem like he wanted to write. Someone please explain to me why this was a sound financial decision.

Do you realize how much money Square-Enix churns through in a financial year

1G doesn't even qualify as pennies

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Cythereal posted:

Really? For me, everyone involved in that story is so tragic and evil they loop around to being hilarious to me and I was never able to take any of them seriously. My main reaction to Yotsuyu or Asahi showing up has generally been giggling.

No, that was my reaction too, the whole Yotsuyu/Asahi thing definitely overflowed into being hilarious.

somepartsareme posted:

weird overreaction but ok

It's not at all an overreaction.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

RDM needs actual reasons to juggle Black and White mana instead of literally the exact same identical copies of spells except they boost the wrong mana color

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I really hope Orbonne Monastery is going to be just bugfuck insane and not disappointing like Omegascape was

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wildfire could be fixed just by giving it an actually cool animation instead of Fire 0.5

Ten Chi Jin is just really lame

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Black Mage eventually getting Ultima / Megaflare seems obvious to me.

I still have no clue what Square is going to do with Samurai, though. The job as it is is super tight and removing almost any of its skills makes it fall apart pretty badly.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

isk posted:

There's a couple opportunities. Merging Open Eyes and Merciful Eyes, then getting rid of Seigan, would save a couple hotbar buttons.

I like this but I also like Seigan since it gives me a reason to actually pay attention to the fight beyond "do mechanics"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gunbreaker is literally this comic