Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Alpha Legion bringing the high-tech guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

tallkidwithglasses posted:

His army is bonkers good.

Thanks!

I hit that point where my painting has improved since I started the army. Now I want to sell it and start over!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Mr. Funktastic posted:

If myrmidons don't make it to the ad Mech codex along with a transport and thallaxes I'm going to riot.

I feel thallax are far to cool looking to fit the 40k aesthetic

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

panascope posted:

Post your titans you filthy loving nerds

:smuggo:

Ghazk fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 14, 2017

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
They come out of Australia. I had a contact on the tactical command forums, but this was put together about two years ago and it's been radio silence since.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Pendent posted:

Seriously, that is rad as hell and the fact that GW doesn't support a similar range these days is a travesty

I couldn't agree more. Epic is an incredible game that does everything right. Hopefully Titanicus is good and starts to fill the void.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

chutche2 posted:

For real though Epic has amazing turn structure and gently caress I wish anyone here played it.

I've got a leman russ company, shadowsword, and 2 infantry companies from GW plus lots of third party 6mm miniatures for artillery, transports, and stormtroopers + valks

We have some active Epic players up in Seattle.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
A few of my 2017 projects. A combination of personal and commission models.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
God dammit Cawl, the Biff Tundrish geneseed was clearly marked "DO NOT USE". Now we have a company of morons who can't figure out how to put their helmets on.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Love the skill progression

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is there any way to see what the top tier lists are in LVO?

From a friend’s feed:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Still my #1 favorite model pic

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Holy poo poo

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Hobbies include poetry, galactic diplomacy, blood for the blood god

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Arch Magos Reductor

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Character action shots from a guard vs guard game yesterday:

Lord Commissar pulverized by an ogryn

Platoon Commander immolated by a hellhound

Astropath and Company Commander crushed by an infernus

I’m bad at this game, but I love it!

Ghazk fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 2, 2018

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Army August, 30k supremacy edition
Mars Ordo Reductor

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

The Sex Cannon posted:

No Ordinatus, 0/10.

your stuff looks great!

Shh, it’s outflanking!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

OhDearGodNo posted:

That’s a nice mortgage you got there, I’m insanely jealous :krad:

Thanks!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Yessssssss... weed out the filthy poors

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
30K is great, but it's still JV compared to Epic 30k.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
https://www.instagram.com/aleph_null_studio/

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Booley posted:

Finished painting the last man I needed for Army August just under the deadline! Sorry not-sorry for breaking tables.

And the whole army:

Owns bones

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Mef989 posted:

Where are you guys at? I'm in WA and would be kind of interested learning some 30k.

I’m part of a crew in West Seattle, and there’s a group down in Vancouver/Longview

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

LingcodKilla posted:

There’s a nice shop in Bremerton but I’m feeling antisocial these days with the nerd herd.
I miss my old buddies in CA.

My buddy just moved to Bremerton. He makes the trip to West Seattle for Thursday game nights, but would probably be thrilled to know someone closer.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Mef989 posted:

I keep seeing the Seattle crews photos pop up and feel like I need to make it up there sometime to play. I'm in Olympia and just play 40k for now, but might have enough to learn some 30k, assuming I won't get too much crap for having Mk III and IV Dark Angels in their post heresy schemes.

I don't think anyone would mind MK3/4 in green. While most of the legion was black, I want to say Caliban DAs did rock some green even in the heresy.

We have a Facebook group called FRIENDLY! If you want to keep tabs on goings-on.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Mef989 posted:

I'll check that out. The little bit of reading into it I've done says there isn't a clear switch, but that it was completed by the Great Scouring.

I'm also running a 30K campaign in January, would be a great entry point. Again, more info in the group.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

R0ckfish posted:

So for shits and giggles I have been painting death guard from dark imperium while deciding whether I want to do GSC or Orks next:

it's fun but super time consuming, there is no way I am doing a full army this way, at least not without launching pox walkers out a window.

These are cool. I like DG in non traditional colors.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Maneck posted:

Yes, distance versus displacement. Although using correct terminology makes things worse because the page 2 rule is "measuring distance".

The starting point for being wrong is trying to get anything right.

How thick are these lines

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
WIP looted thanatar and krios (counts as gorkanaut and liftadroppa)

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
A couple pieces from my Looted Mechanicum themed grot army.
Deffkilla Wartrike (Looted Cawl) and “Da Twins” a gorkanaut and morkanaut (looted thanatars)

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Badablack posted:

Is that a goddamn SCUD the disposable assassin reference?

It is!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Decorus posted:

Does anyone know if Ultramar has some kind of separate heraldry from the Ultramarines inverted omega?

I'm very close to finishing my Knight, but I'd like to add some reference to her ties to the realm rather than the chapter, since she's supposed to be a vassal of the Lord of Ultramar rather than the chapter master of the Ultramarines.

I haven't really read any fluff apart from the stuff in the rulebooks, and googling isn't turning up anything conclusive.

You can flip it upside down and superimpose an "A" for auxiliary support

Ghazk fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 5, 2018

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Decorus posted:

Thanks, I'll make some stuff up if I have to.

One of the marine codexes had an ultra symbol surrounded by a halo and wings that looked pretty cool. It was used to mark Macragge on a map, and since it's a combination of astartes symbols I suspect it's just an embellished Ultramarines insignia, but I might go with it if I can't find any official heraldry for Ultramar.

No problem. Be sure to show us what you end up going with.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
The only way I’m reading lovely fanfic is it’s a competition to see who can come up with the worst entry.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Hustlin Floh posted:

Panascope won that one already

Oh yeah. Panascope, repost your story.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Grotcanicum Army update featuring bad phone camera shots

Fluff: Some dumb idiot grots conquered a dumb idiot forgeworld and are now cranking out dumb idiot machines.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Thanks everybody!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I wish I could like this post a thousand times. 10/10, conversions, paints, and fluff

What did you make the little infantry dudes from?

Age of Sigmar moonclan grots and 40K skitarii weapons

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Decorus posted:

I hope my previous reply didn't sound too dismissive, I did appreciate the idea. I was about to head to bed. :(.

No, not at all. I’m just invested in the topic as I have 2 Ultramarine players in my 30K meta that are adding militia allies, so curious about what other people are doing.

Also that’s a great looking knight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Decorus posted:

My mechanised IG army and small AdMech force are both theoretically from one of the worlds of Ultramar, Tarentus and Konor respectively. You can't really tell though, I never got around to making any regimental banners and it's not like there are any official symbols for either. I started out with Ultramarines back in 2nd ed. and liked the idea of all my Imperial armies being related. Then 7th came around and made all my dreams come through with that mega-detachment that combined all three factions. :)

Just an idea, the knight could use a common symbol like that to loosely tie it into the Macragge Auxilia theme, but maybe also add his own personalized flourishes. Like maybe the wings and halo or a dragon coiled around it or something.