Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

I feel a measure of pride at my Kriegers showing up in the OP. :3:

Also the url tags for the 30k and Black Library threads needs to be fixed.

Sadly I'll get my 8th rulebook by next week since shipping from the UK takes a while.
But I did order a single Primaris marine from a bitz store that I'm going to paint up in Blood Raven colours. Because I want at least one of those guys until the separate kits show up.

Yes, Wayland games is bad. I recommend Element Games instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Enentol posted:

Am I crazy, or are combi-weapons no longer one-use only?

They aren't.
Can't remember the specifics on the top of my head though.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Artum posted:

There does seem to be a whole lot of games ending on turn 3 in 8th.

I'm pretty sure that will change once people are getting more used to how the rules play.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

DkoK are probably my favorite model line from FW. I think it's because they appeal to the historical warham inside me, but space WW1 is just so grim dork in a 80s heavy metal kind of way

I honestly just want more DKoK models because they look good. I'd be glad if I just have a small detachment to use as count-as troops for my army.
To which I'm really close with, all I technically need is another infantry blob. And like one extra guy because the Grenadier squad I won in an auction only had 9 guys.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The Kingfish posted:

Fluff question: is there one tyranid hive mind or does each fleet have its own hive mind?

There is only Zuul! the one Hivemind.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SRM posted:

:sun: It's all tallboys by the pool on this special summer Badcast! :sun:
https://40kbadcast.com/2017/06/26/40k-badcast-12-summertime-and-the-hammins-easy/

Sweeeet. :woop: Finished the Brigador Audiobook (which I really recommend) at last on my phone so I can listen to that one tomorrow.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

jadebullet posted:

You know what's nice though, battlecannons may suck right now, but Chaper Approved comes out at the end of the year and GW has the ability to adjust how the battlecannons work in that. Hell, they can even put out test adjustments.

I figured it'd be either there in the updated IG codex that they might adjust some of the weapons a bit.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SRM posted:

:sun: It's all tallboys by the pool on this special summer Badcast! :sun:
https://40kbadcast.com/2017/06/26/40k-badcast-12-summertime-and-the-hammins-easy/

Oh yeah, I hate to be the bearer of grim news but Doomrider is apparently dead.
http://occultdetectives.tumblr.com/post/161918774012/tw6464-thighs-syndicate-i-find-it-weird-that

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Tadhg posted:

Sorting and organizing my warhams for better use and storage, and found this box:

In case I ever felt like painting with unicorn blood again.

loving nice.
Found a pot of Charadon Granite in a paint bag I've got and it's my new go to black for the time being. It's so good.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

At least the Demolisher cannon change seems nice.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I managed to find a copy of the old Daemonhunters codex where the GKs were just special and not super special awesome like they got later.
I will readily admit I like that version the most.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

DumbparameciuM posted:

Matt Wards stupid bullshit in the codex after that one ruined them super hard IMO

Yeah I know that in this case. Hence why I liked their less overdone approach in the previous codex a lot more. Even if they could probably benefited from some of the units that showed up later. (But not the babycarrier.)

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Genghis Cohen posted:

Going on and on about their eliteness and how many million applicants fail to make the grade for each success is pointless - this narrative is directly countered by the way they appear on the tabletop.

Feels to me like like the same can be said for all power armour armies to a certain extent.

But the special ally rules they (and the witch hunters) had going seems to limit the number of GKs you could field in your army to make them feel a bit rarer.
The 3rd or 4th ed approach is the one I like in this case because GKs aren't really their own fully usable army like they became later on but simply a force you had attached to allied Marines or Guard units.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The Sabbat World Crusade book is the better one. :colbert:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Oh god that CQB pose guy is just begging for a bandanna. :ocelot:
I want and need only him.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Goddamn. Now that's some ridiculous motherfuckers. :D
The helmet on the two guys in the middle are awesome. Remind me of the Russian visor helmet for some reason.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

GW has explicitly avoided showing any pictures that combine the Primaris with their midget brethren.

Yeah that was one hang up I had with the new rulebook. There are a couple of normal marines showing up here and there but more often they're relegated to the background or as roles that the Bigboys don't have yet such as Devastators.

I get they are pushing those guys hard but even that felt a little bit too much.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Corrode posted:

Shock as company foregrounds the new thing it has made and is trying to sell in its marketing pictures.

Well yes. :rolleyes: I just figured they might give both of them good representation in the display pictures.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

You linked the Iron Hands one twice by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy5J11kAws4
Ooh, that's unexpected.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/18/choosing-the-right-chapter-tactic-for-your-successorsgw-homepage-post-4/

Oh hey, the Blood Ravens are getting a mention. That's nice.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

Give me my goddamn decals!

:agreed:
:argh:

After doing 20-ish Space Wolf arms by now for a commission I'm starting to notice I'm getting slightly better at thin recess shades and doing edge highlights. Which is a nice feeling to have.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 18, 2017

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Artum posted:

Come to the freehand side, it makes you feel like a great and powerful wizard.

I can free hand text decently well but doing the Blood Raven emblem is a bit too daunting for me right now.

mango sentinel posted:

I'm gonna run my Blood Ravens with Master Artisans because they "requisitioned" their munitions from some Salamanders.

:same:
Even if in my case it's mostly Space Wolves.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 18, 2017

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

jng2058 posted:

It just occurred to me that the Blood Raven here is a Primaris. Which means some new Primaris guys are going to get handed off to the Blood Ravens...in shiny new armor...with brand new shiny guns....

The poor bastards will be stuck fighting half naked in second hand Scout armor armed with sharpened sticks before a week is out!

I wonder how well you can combine the Primaris and Reiver kits once the "advanced" one comes out for the mainline guys.
Because that sounds like a great thing to do. :allears:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The most grimdark of terrain projects.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Surprise T Rex posted:

Don't suppose there's anywhere reliable online to buy random bits and pieces of models in the UK?

I could do with a railgun so I can turn my Devilfish into a Hammerhead, but I'm having no luck on any of the few places that popped up after a cursory search.

http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/tau-empire-tau-hammerheadskyraydevilfish-gunship-c-6_71_183.html

But the railgun is sadly out of stock right now. They're pretty good at restocking though.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Swap the staff for a pistol and you pretty much get a 40k version of Overwatch's Reaper.
I'm all for that.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SteelMentor posted:

Just put together a squad of Reivers. Bodies are less posable than I like but the sheer number of head, arm and accessory bits makes up for it.

I wonder how the the carbines would look in the arms of normal Marines. Would've been a good way to put any extra bits into use.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

And agreed on the "plastic Steel Legion will be bad for my bank balance".

I just know if it turns out to be true I'll end up buying like one or two boxes have alongside my Kriegers.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The fact that they're adding all the old 40k RPG books to DriveThruRPG is pretty nice though.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SteelMentor posted:

Black Libary's running a vote for which two out-of-print novels they'll bring back for their anniversary early next year.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/15/returning-classic-novels-your-vote-counts-aug-15gw-homepage-post-4/

If you don't vote Space Marine you're a bad Ham.

Oh I'm definitely voting for Biff Thundrish excellent adventure.
And then I got a 302 error after pressing the vote so lord knows if my vote will be logged or not. :v:

Also
https://www.facebook.com/wotblitz/photos/a.631077083588585.1073741829.572143336148627/1732010016828614/?type=3
Apparently 40k vehicles will be added to World of Tanks blitz. Did not expect that.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Agentdark posted:

Whats with that anyway?

Same goes with Wolf Guard Terminators.
Could be pretty much anything from a future revamp to the molds giving up.

Nifara posted:

Yet they're available in other territories. This is just them reboxing stuff for 8th - the start collecting boxes that went and came back were marked no longer available. Their stock system sees it as retiring a product and introducing a new one as the contents is different, it's not that they're just not being sold again.

Shoddy systems, not squatting.

Or that. :v:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

taht owns so hard

Yeah I can't get myself to hate it.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/23/black-library-readers-choice-the-resultsgw-homepage-post-4/

Fuuuuuuck. No Space Marine reprint. :(

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

OhDearGodNo posted:

Not 40k but the female Sigmarine looks really cool, I like the functional armor over metal breast enhancers. I don't want to open a can of worms but it gives me confidence that they can pull off revamped SoB or even female marines.

Yeah I saw her earlier and I do kinda want to grab that head for future conversions when Blightwar comes out.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Star Man posted:

Hi it's me the one person on earth that hates metal minis thanks for reading

Always wanted Kasrkin or old Stormtroopers in plastic.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

TheLawinator posted:

have him convert primaris boys into wulfen in a tasteful fashion and beat him if he adds anything wolfy

I would honestly want to see the final result of that. Because I think tallboy Wulfen would look neat and stand out really well.
If not kinda tempted to do it myself at some point with just a five man squad of them. All you'd really need is a decent head and maybe some clawed hands to make them look a bit like how they originally looked like.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

BirdieBedtime posted:

Some guy on 'Eavier Metal made a squad. I don't remember his name, but they're rad as poo poo.

Yeah that's pretty good. Mostly because he left the feet unchanged.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Star Man posted:

I'm watching a CounterStrike: Global Offensive tournament and now I'm wondering why I don't paint my boltguns like tacky weapons skins.

Not enough canvas maybe? Even if I'd be interested in the final result for curiosity's sake.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

goose willis posted:

Respond to this post with all armies that you officially play with, meaning you can field one in a legal match under current rules.

Imperial Guard.

That's about it really.
I've got some Blood Ravens but that's only two small Combat Squads and a Contemptor dread. Have a commander (or three) in various disassembled stages alongside three or so squads.
It's legal but its a giant hot mess of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

So nice to see the classic Cadian 8th scheme making a return again.