Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

It's a gene mutation or something. Forge your own narrative or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Yes. Give me literally Nazi guardsmen GW. Thank you

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Artum posted:

God this guy was a chore to paint.

gently caress white, even small amounts. Pretty pleased with how he turned out none the less, he's been pretty much an auto include since he pumped 3 wounds back into my outnumbered 15-1 captain in my game against Zark at the UK goonpocalypse.

He looks rad. Nice work man

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Most importantly: whats the new Eldrad lore? Is he re-deaded?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

It's also fluffy that eldar murder everything with minimal casualties. All is right with the world

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Boon posted:

Guys I'm torn. Everyone says Eldar are pretty sweet but on the other hand no new aspect warriors.

gently caress GW or no?

You know the answer

gently caress GW

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

goose willis posted:

How decent are these boys as Valhallans?

Not decent enough for adepticon

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I thought 8th edition was supposed to save 40k from the clutches of the wretched 7th edition

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I'm not sure how I feel about an npc army getting competitive rules. Dying in droves was cinematic and fluffy

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

chutche2 posted:

I mean. A powerfist is d3 damage and a melta is 2d6 drop lowest so that's not really comparable

Agreed. It's even written into the rules that it's not as powerful as a melta. Goons will be goons; jeez

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Cross-postin'

Hixson posted:

Finished up a dread droppod for my Heresy NightLords:

and a shameless plug for my IG:

https://www.instagram.com/loyalistsareboring/

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Booley posted:

I love the lightning you do on all your poo poo

Thanks dood. It's criminally easy to do

TheChirurgeon posted:

This is loving amazing and I'm going to totally copy it

Thank you. My entire NL scheme was shamelessly stolen from Tterrible

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

My 2017 stuff:

phew. Big boi album with alot more here: https://imgur.com/a/Cyosr

e: fixed link

Hixson fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 6, 2018

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Ghazk posted:

A few of my 2017 projects. A combination of personal and commission models.

Wheewewwwwwwww. Good post mi'lord

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Touch cloth guy

Holy gently caress; this is horrifying. I would absolutely lose my poo poo if somebody put one of my models in their mouth

:vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Irate Tree posted:

Dorn has a model now. He seems quite placid about the whole affair.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/31/forge-world-preview-rogal-dorn-revealed/

Wow how incredibly boring. Idk why they can’t just look at the 40k primarch kits and just rip of their styling. The 40k Guilliman model is just so much more interesting

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

I'm glad that Custodes are getting all their HH toys 'coz I have no loving desire to play 30k for a long-rear end time. 7th ed sucks and no amount of band-aids will fix it. Beyond that, HH players tend to be on average more toxic that 40k in my experience, that kinda "Look at us, we're a special club" mentality.

Imagine being this retarded

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I’ve been owned

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

People that take critiques of a game they like as personal attacks are weird

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

JackMack posted:

Looks good. I too enjoy a Bloody Mary while I convert.

thats a candle homie

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

x-post from the Perfect Game system Warhammer 30k thread

Hixson posted:

finished this guy:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Thanks buddy

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I play custodes for the fluff

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

panascope posted:

sometimes i spit in your beer when you're not looking. you have no idea if i'm joking or not

Why do you read this thread leave me alone nerd

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

You can make a lot of good arguments for why simplifying 7th down like 8th did was a good idea. But the fundamental rule-set wasn’t what made 7th edition 40k poo poo. It was the formations. Giving units free war gear, insane bonuses, crazy FOCs, ect made a lot of lists super cheesy and un-fun. Also having to bring a white dwarf, a codex (that will be invalidated in 2 months), and a printed out email from GW to have all my rules was ridiculous.

Formations/detachments/whatever are bad for the game

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Yeah you’re right formations are fine

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Pendent posted:

I don't think most of us think about the formation system at all anymore. In your post you implied how 8th's detachment system is just as broken though, which is objectively not true. There are some issues (see: Shield Captains) but they're a lot more solvable than the clusterfuck that was triptide or whatever.

I guess I didn’t make my point clear: detachments are bad for the game and I think it’s likely they will continue to rise in power levels as new kits come out until they are at the same level of broken or worse than formations in 7th edition. I’m not making a commentary on why 8th is bad or whatever

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Page 666 hail Satan

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Yeast posted:

Fedora servitor

:master:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Somebody a couple pages back said GW teased they’re working on CSMs. Can somebody link this? I can’t find it

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Corrode posted:

It was apparently just a throwaway comment after the main presentation, so there's not much to go on.

xtothez posted:

Before Adepticon there were some recent rumours recently about new Abaddon and Chosen models later this year. Plus there's been lots of whispers about EC, including this artwork from a known GW artist:

Word, thanks for the info.

I saw that artwork. That dude is incredible. He has a lot of good stuff on his Ig

https://www.instagram.com/mikhailsavier

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

AnEdgelord posted:

Oh you're one of those. I hate to break it to you buddy but the Chaos factions fighting alongside each other is a regular feature of the setting. Just as its a regular feature that Guard fight alongside Space marines and Tyranids fighting alongside Genestealers Cults. Attempting to keep armies that are ostensibly just subfactions of the larger overarching powers separate is pure strain grognardiness born out of the same desire some people have to keep their peas from touching their mashed potatoes on that plate.

Holy poo poo you’re right. Pack it up boys. We lost

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

No time, we have to keep this edition slapfight going on foreverrrrrrrrr.

I've recently discovered this is all i have left to live for

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I’m dead from formaldehyde poisoning

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Another cross post from last weekend

DrPop posted:

I noticed that Booley's incredible photos lacked TKWG's beautiful Arvus terrain, which was arguably the highlight of the PNW VisV event. Much blood was spilled in front of it during the first game; there was a three-turn long (I think) melee slugfest that involved, at various points:

- a Death Guard Tactical Squad
- Sons of Horus Reavers
- World Eaters assault marines
- a World Eaters dreadnought
- a World Eaters tactical squad
- a World Eaters Devoured Hero
- an Justaerin
- a Sons of Horus Delegatus
- a Death Guard Delegatus
- two Death Guard Destroyers

My Rhino rumbles down the main road of the Hixson table (which was also dope, incredible work homie) during the second game

Snapshot of the Arvus bloodbath

Also Olloth's beautiful Warmaster Cat, Lilly:

Skulls for the arvusthrone

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I want a "moment of apotheosis" Fulgrim conversion where his boys are jamming his rear end in a top hat full of gems

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I don’t think the marines fisted him per se, it was more like an anal beads thing except the beads were gems that made him a demon prince when his prostate was stimulated enough.

Considering how deep into slaanesh he was, it took a lot of stimulation! :D

Nothin wrong with a little anal torture play with your dad

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

X-post

Hixson posted:

Most of you nerds have already seen these but heres some more guys I painted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Corrode posted:

Think I saw those on your insta already but yeah they're loving sick. The torn-up flesh is so gross.

Thanks buddy