Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm of two minds about that. It seems like a cheap cash grab but I can understand wanting the game to be fully playable with just the main box and not wanting to include 3D scenery in the main box. It'll keep the starting price down and prevent the inventory issues that Shadow Wars had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Probably Deathwatch. It's about 33 Power Rating.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

RagnarokAngel posted:

They're still good just dont benefit from the current codex which sucks. Theyre still customizable as gently caress.

They're a bit better now that GW errata'd them to be able to take all Primaris unit.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm tempted on some guard but I just know GSC is going to lose the ability to take them when their codex support comes around.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

richyp posted:

They went for filed down waistline and armoured crop-top same as Neave Blacktalon :sigh:

Not to defend the other points but that's not a crop top, it's molded abs, same as all the other Stormfront Eternals.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 9, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Does anyone have the link to the GW page updating the index space marine chapters to being able to take Primaris?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

DrPop posted:

This.

You could get some MK III or MK II Despoiler squads (or Rampagers), use the chainaxes from Berserker set or from Forge World, and some of the World Eater Legion helms.

Then use them to play 30k

I've never liked the silly wings on the newer world eater stuff, is there a place to get the old 2nd edition world eater skullmets?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They have to save something for codex add-ons.

Or, given General's Handbook 2017, Chapter Approved.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TKIY posted:

I think the Carnifex is the most modular kit followed by the Tyrants and Warriors. If those three models get some if that customizability back, that would be great.

Having said that they need to fix a lot of units from the index.

I know the preview blurb on the carnifex in the new white dwarf mentions they bring the Swiss army carnifex back and every bit in the kit will have rules.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

SteelMentor posted:

A buttplug.

I see Games Werkshop was just being prophetic about GW releasing a Pear of Anguish.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Have Jormagundr existed for a while or are they a new fleet? It's probably just the name but it seems like a good match for the Tyranids that occasionally get hinted at having a presence on Fenris.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Zark the Damned posted:

Fun thing which no doubt GW will errata/faq sometime:

RAW Broodlords can't eat brains because the stratagem says Genestealer and not GENESTEALER.

I wonder if that means there will be named Lictors or Lictor variants since that's the only keyword in that list.

I imagine the genestealer being named and not keyworded is to prevent shenanigans with a GSC army trying to claim the stratagem with purestrains.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Artum posted:

As far as I recall the hive mind reacts to daemons as rival predators instead of prey when they both happen to be attacking the same place.

Yeah, plus I imagine Shadow in the Warp has some negative effects on creatures composed entirely of it. Especially now that daemonic instability is effectively a thing again.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

This popped up in my feed:

I wonder if this means Orks and Tau are next?

I don't think so, when they did these bundles last year it didn't correspond to major army release for either game.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Corrode posted:

Russ £31
Sentinel £18.50
Ogryn £28.50
Chimera £22.50
Cadian Command Squad £15.50
Cadian Infantry £18 x2

£152. £140 is likely, £125 would be a great deal, £100 and they'll fly off the shelves.

The box sets last year were $170 and £100 and these ones are $170 so £100 seems very likely.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is that Bomb Baby wearing a Kylo Ren mask?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

FiestaNinja posted:

It'd be nice if they could imply the whole excess and hedonism aspect without just doing cheesy sex demons. Make daemonettes in to gluttonous fatty-monsters or something.

Or way more androgynous and weird like the crab-claw 2nd/3rd ed daemonettes.

They'll make daemonette sculpts where each one of the six deadly sins. The catch is they're sold in boxes of 10 and there's only 1 lust daemonette per box, forcing the desperate to buy multiple boxes to get the one figure they want to use.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Zuul the Cat posted:

Does anyone remember GW mentioning 8th edition would see a new faction? I could swear we read that somewhere in the community posts. Any news on what this is, yet? Were they referring to the new line of Nurgle stuff?

Yeah, the hint of the new faction was Deathguard being spun off into its own thing.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think making Lionel all about army buffs would be pretty good. Redeployments, automatically going first, generating CP every turn, ignoring overheated plasma guns on a roll, who knows.

I doubt he'd get to automatically go first, showing up to the battle on time wasn't exactly his strong suit.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

AnEdgelord posted:

Anyone have any experience with Adventure Games up in Scranton, PA? I'm gonna start playing there soon and wanted to ask around about the place even though people seemed nice so far.

The store is nice, spacious and clean and the players are decent and open to new people, if a bit heavy on the groggy/WAAC side of the spectrum.

I do prefer Tactical Advantage down in Edwardsville and would suggest checking it out if you're not coming from North of Scranton. Real easy to get a game on any given night if you post in the FB group when you'll be there and what size game you're looking for.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

SteelMentor posted:

Alessio Calvatore from the top of my head, ex FB dev (and owner of that infamous MLP Bretonian army.)

Ronnie Renton, Mantic's CEO, was the former Managing Director at GW.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

xtothez posted:

As an ERP consultant, this is scary. More than half of these projects fail, and those that succeed usually have teething problems.

I look forward to the month where trade customer orders go missing or all boxes have the wrong number of sprues because they hosed up on loading bills of materials!

They have consultants for Erotic Role Playing?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Bombogenesis posted:

I knew it was the old sculpts, didn't know if they were actually smaller though. Still not an awful way to start up Orkz by the looks of it?

Well poo poo. What if I just want a million deffkoptas?

e; Oh...it only comes with one. I can read y'all I swear :downs:

The ork models are the same size. Battle for Vedros boxes are leftover models from the 5th edition starter that they packaged up and discounted for sale at Big Box stores(Walmart/Hobby Lobby) . The boxes are a fantastic way to start an ork army, Orks haven't really gotten a line replenishment since 5th so everything you buy will match up fine from other boxes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
https://twitter.com/arbys/status/952223800279617537

The fast food twitter game is getting weird. I don't know if it's planned or coincidence that it currently has 40.9k views.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Beast Pussy posted:

So like half of what I need? How does that rate against the DI primaris? Sorry to be a bother, but I'm not exactly flush, so dropping 400ish dollars on a game I've never really played is a big commitment.

I believe the Primaris side is just shy of 1k, like I think 930 or so?

Marines are really cost efficient between their point values and being featured in every editions big box. It's why Marines are so many peoples first army.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They really hate the idea of people buying their Triumvirate boxes separately don't they?

Imperium- $80
Cawl- $55
Celestine- $55
Inq Carfax- $25

Primarch- $90
Roboute- $60
Cypher- $35
Grey Knight- $35

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Strobe posted:

My point being that "number of datasheets in book" is a terrible metric to judge a book by. The local Admech players here complain much more about how bland the rest of the codex is than how thin the datasheet section is (though "we have no transports" comes up a lot; fortunately it looks like Custodes have that covered).

EDIT: I'm actually looking forward to the Custodes Codex because I think it'll have by far the greatest value in terms of "I didn't know that about this faction" while I read the first half of the book. Different strokes. :shrug:

I don't think the size of the book is a bad metric for comparison. It's not like the Custodes codex is going to get more pages of fluff because their army is a third the size of the rest.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

SteelMentor posted:

Oh I have such tales to tell. Nerd circles are a never ending descent.

There was also that time a kid glued his face to a board tile, that was pretty funny.

Wasn't there some tale about some guy selling his models and in the description he assures people that only some of them had been up his rear end?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Artum posted:

I mean, you did get a blanket application of one of the most powerful stratagems in the game for zero cost.

Its probably a bit much.

What stratagem is that?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Safety Factor posted:

If exo-suits, trikes, and land trains are wrong, I don't want to be right. :c00lbert:

I think the reality was that they struggled at making squats appreciably different from Imperial Guard and Space Marines. There wasn't room for them anymore.

That's the answer I got directly from Rick Priestly at the 00 or 01 games day. The 3rd edition mission statement was to give each army a clear and identifiable design space so stuff like Squats, Genestealer Cults and Chaos Orks got cut as fieldable armies/units.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

dexefiend posted:

This comment gave me the heeby-jeebies.

It's more common than you'd think.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

AnEdgelord posted:

I suppose there is the possibility that Ghazkhul goes full Beast 2.0 and gets a Primarch tier kit and statline.

I've been saying since the primaris were revealed that the main point The Beast was to provide a reason for up scales orks.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

e: HAHAHA OH MY STARS AND GOD-ENSLAVERS, 1 CP on a Necron character: Invuln saves cannot be taken against them. Hooooo boy.

If they're willing to add stuff like that it only seems fitting to give the Drew Carey one that lets the character ignore Feel No Pain rules.

Though, on second thought, every unit that gets that has their own rule name for it now, right?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Schadenboner posted:

Has anyone ever seen "Made-for-Infinity" scenery used for T'a"""u buildings (either for their own use or for their gelded slave populations equal partners and allies)? I feel like it might be the right amount of wooshy-swooshy and a lot easier than hand-building everything but I'm not clear on the scale of Infinity.

My friend is T'a"""u-curious and I'd like to construct scenery around the recent not-being-on-fire-ness of the Damocles Gulf leading to a reconquest of an ice world the Guard abandoned tactically withdrew from during the Crusade.

The scale is right, but if you're looking at the Plastcraft ones everything I've ever heard about their product is about the masochism involved in building them. Like more than your average GW fan.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

That seems like a decent deal for beginners. Looks like it's U.K. only though.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

goodness posted:

Has anyone used a painting service? My brother wants to get the Standard Bearer for his Imperial Fists painted super high quality close to this

It'll take a little work to get the sizing right, but you can buy blank water transfer sheets on Amazon. Would let you transfer that image directly onto the standard.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Safety Factor posted:

Ham events aren't renowned for their broad selection of wines.

Of course they're not, it may be fermented but at its heart, wine is still juice.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

DiHK posted:

I'm gonna get a wine box and a metal straw thats sharp at one end and walk around with a "juice box" next year.

I don't know if they have them in your area but in PA they sell six packs of wine in the same containers as coconut water.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Ugh, apparently one of the local Facebook groups is having a slapfight about one use weapons. Apparently, since the shooting rules say “Unless otherwise noted a unit fires all the weapons it is equipped with” and that since one use weapons don’t mention anything being to choose to not fire it, they’re arguing that you must fire all one use weapons the first time you fire with the vehicle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Would that jackal head fit the new knights.