Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

xtothez posted:

Malanthropes are 140pts now. I was expecting 120ish, but drat.

I'll still run them I think, they were a steal for 90 points. 140 is a lot but not nonviable I think.

xtothez posted:

I just hope they dropped Dimachaerons & Hierodules down in line with the codex units

I have an unreasonable need to know this, where is the source for this new information?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
Doesn't look like Dimachaerons were changed at all, aww

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Syncopated posted:

Is the turn-based Wh40k: Armageddon game any good? It's on sale on steam.

I think it's a neat single player strategy game with some progression elements for the campaign(s). If you don't like old school turn based gameplay I couldn't recommend it however.

In other news, I got to try out the new 'Nid dex today, trying out 2000 points of Leviathan against 2000 points of Kronos.
The table, top of turn 2:

We rolled Big Guns Never Tire with Vanguard deployment. After five turns my opponent conceded since it was very clear he wasn't going to be able to contest more than one objective at that point, and I had scored a bunch of VPs from secondary objectives already. Some thoughts:

1) The Malanthrope points increase hurts, but it's still a take for me I think. It can do stuff Venomthropes can't(Prey Adaptation) and it's not like I have a bunch of Venomthropes lying around for replacing the same support niche anyway.

2) Definitely staying with Rending Claws/Toxin Sacs for my Tyrant after trying it out. Maybe if I try the Behemoth Adaptation I'll try an Obliterax combo.

3) Holy poo poo 30 Devourer Termagants in a Trygon tunnel is bonkers

4) Holy poo poo did the Tyrannofex Acid Spray/Rupture Cannon pair murder stuff. Holy gently caress! :black101:

edit: 5) My opponent had very few artillery organisms (just a unit of converted biovores, no Exocrines/Tyrannofexes) that really would benefit from the Kronos adapation which helps to explain why I won, but the Kronos Stratagem is very good for shutting down an enemy power!

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 25, 2017

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Moola posted:

SPACE M<ARRIRIIIINES

same????

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Zuul the Cat posted:

Out of curiosity, how many of you are actually planning on picking up Chapter Approved?

I booked one from my FLGS, but it's going to be shared with my brother, my two roommates as well as me (Dark Eldar, Tau, Sisters of Battle, Genestealer Cults and Harlequins in that order) for what it's worth.

I understand there are a lot of problems with GW's updating method, but if I'm going to justify the purchase then it's because there is an actual updating method now. I'd also prefer a digital living rulebook solution to be clear and there's a bunch of awkward growing pains (looking at you, Imperial Guard Conscript and Commissar changes), but GW actually updating non-codex armies is a new step for them into the mid 00's of game design.
Give them another 10 years and maybe they'll boldly adopt early 2010's game design philosophy :shepface:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Uroboros posted:

I asked for fully online rules with an annual fee to gain access to all of them instead of physical codex releases...a man can dream.

:same:

also gently caress I forgot to tell them to ignore the /tg community because holy gently caress I looked there the other day for chapter approved leaks and it was not worth it :shepicide:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Entropy238 posted:

Out of curiosity, do people in this thread tend to prefer fluffy play or more competitive play?

hi i'm soulfucker ask me about playing nids since 5th edition without any winged hive tyrants

I did score third place in a local tournament once!

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Thundercloud posted:

I remember when someone won a GT final against Tau with a genestealer list in the very midst of Tyranids suck and people were scratching their heads over that.

Some people are excellent players.

Was it the #Lictorshame list? I remember seeing that and being impressed with how clever it was.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Because I like finding hidden gems: You guys, Raveners are actually good now! Specifically raveners with rending claws and spinefists.

26ppm for 8 attacks, 4 of which are AP-1 and rend to AP-4 on sixes to wound.

This bodes well for the game I'm running on Wednesday, where I'll try out a list titled simply 'Tremors'. Guess what's in it :getin:

Let's get some Ravener love started:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

To be honest I find the most ardent supporters of female marines to be just as unsettling as the other unsavoury stereotype hams. Maybe I'm being unfair by not really trusting their motives, but once you look into the abyss of Doc thunder you can't go back.

Let's be real it is unfair to compare these two groups even though doc thunder is funny as hell

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

Anything interesting happen lately?

For what it's worth 8th edition is semi-playable and worth a shot if you have an army sitting around; the ruleset has got birth pains but the overall consensus is that it's faster and much better supported than the last editions. Your mileage may still vary compared to other games out there still better than tanks.

Army prices are still bonkers but that's :gw: for ya.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

sweet another space marine faction with its own book

not empty quote...??

ninja edit: for content, I should take photos of the Dark Eldar army I've been steadily painting for my brother soon and post them here.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Forums Terrorist posted:

I feel like the barometer for tau player badness is the proportion of suits to non-suits in their list, c/d?

confirmed based on anecdotal evidence, my other roommate plays mostly kroots and is an excellent dude

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Cainer posted:

How does mostly Kroot play? I really like the beaky boys but looking at the few models they have kinda deter me from jumping in, I don't think they even have an HQ.

I'll get back to you once FW gets their collective thumb out of their asses and release rules for Knarlocs!

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Corrode posted:

7 hour 2k game
:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
Hi, thread - I've been completely out of the loop of 40k for the past 15 months or so for lots of reasons - I think they were about to release some new Ork stuff last time I paid much attention?
I'm planning on dusting off my collection which has been sitting around in moving boxes, can someone with time to kill give me a rundown of changes in 8E since this year or so?