Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

thesurlyspringKAA posted:

I'm a little bummed that the tau army I just bought and painted now suuucks.
Fireblade doesn't buff long ranged shots
devilfish waaay overpriced for what it is--Seriously compare it to a chimera
Broadsides massively overpriced

It seems like stealth suits are decent now at least, but I'm thinking of starting a mechanized astra militarum army instead.

I guess that's what happens when you build and play armies off of what the current overpowered meta is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

chutche2 posted:

Working on a very dumb conversion idea I had. Needs a lot of work, have to reseat the cannon so that it's not slanted and have to do a ton of greenstuffing to get the cables looking like they're connecting to it and to clean up the back of it (I cut off the servo arm and moved it to the back supporting the gun)

chutche2 hosed around with this model at Jun 26, 2017 around 15:58

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

glowing-fish posted:

Kind of odd question, I hope this is the right place:

In my city, there are a lot of Warhammer 40K symbols painted on things. Some of them I know are, while others I think are. I remember being curious about this symbol, and then finding out it was a Warhammer symbol, I seem to remember it being for related to the Necrons, but I looked up the Necron glyph again, and it is different:

So is this Warhammer, or is this Mapuche? This is a common question for me!

That's just a belly button and a harry vagina.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Harkano posted:

Awesome thanks guys. I just wasn't sure if the Hellblasters were considered as 'Devastators', since as you mention that's normally the slightly bigger suit of armour.

Also wondering how the Primaris will fit into the Chapter in general, what with the UM order all being kind of laid out and static. Since I'm not sure which numbers they should have, I might leave the decals off until we find out a bit more.

I had a similar question for my Blood Angels because in the Primaris Book it shows the all four helmet variations (Blue for Heavies, Yellow for Assault, Gold for Veterans and Red for everyone else). My guess is going to be that BA hellblasters will have Blue helmets and so on.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

The mooks: Deadeye, Pretty Boy, Gramps, and Pitch

Best Catachans I've seen this edition. Anyone that disagrees can loving fight me.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I don't think he's posted here since he blew up at the people talked about how FW deserved ridicule despite Alan Bligh's declining health.

Those sons of bitches.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Lol if you're still buying baby marines.

#chadmarinelife

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So Primaris players, how are they working out? Any tips or recommendations for someone interested in Bigmars?

Model range isn't wide enough to make them worth while yet. Once they get their dedicated transports I feel you will see more use out of them.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

gently caress you Ettin.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Der Waffle Mous posted:

At this point I might just buy the shapeways shoulder pads.

This is what I did for my chad marines.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

not my work

LOL.

The best part is Cuck2 refuses to acknowledge that this is a thing.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

Ettin change stanyer89's username to cuck2

Lol can it be "Cuck Mk.II"?

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Cainer posted:

I'm not sure who that is, I have a feeling... bad dude?

You don't know who panascope is? Have you been living under a rock you autist?

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Corrode posted:

Yeah I regularly travel abroad to run, and own a motorbike. Gaming is like the least costly of my hobbies.

You travel, regularly, to run? Like on foot jogging?

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Corrode posted:

Yeah, I've run marathons all over Europe.

Yeah you might as well save your knees and ligaments and just buy a Resin Titan tbh.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Broken Record Talk posted:

Given that Thousand Sons got Magnus, and Space Wolves got Russ, with the release of Inferno, I can't imagine that they wouldn't do Sanguinius and The Lion for Angelus.

But it's FW we're talking about, and post-Bligh :rip: FW at that, so who the hell knows? Might just mean we get more Blood Bowl and Custodes minis.

I heard Inferno will actually only be Custodes now.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

raverrn posted:

just lol if you don't make up rules rumors and send them to spiky bits and then browbeat your opponents into letting you use them.

Lol if you're straight and play with space barbies.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

AWUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Stanyer89 fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 20, 2017

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Ilor posted:

What's with the front dude's two left hands?

If only you truly knew how much this triggers him...

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Broken Record Talk posted:

I hope you bring it up constantly.

Only thing more triggering is when you ask Panascope when he is going to paint his Horus.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

chutche2 posted:

Is it just me or do these wolfenstein dudes look like they'd make a badass guard regiment

Alert Sent.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

***Cross-post from the good/dead Warhammer Thread***

In the spirit of me trying to whore myself and to keep the thread alive please see my badly painted wolf space mans.

https://www.instagram.com/bjorn_no_beard30k/?hl=en

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

This whole thread is full of idiot nerds to be quite frank.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

AnEdgelord posted:

Looks like you're in this thread too bucko

gently caress. I’ve been got. Handsomeboiz roll out!

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Cross Post.

Stanyer89 posted:

Whatever 2018 Allied Tox I agreed to is complete. Going back to the call of the Awuuu with all the rest of my virgin Space Pup friends.

Enjoy some yellow space barbies.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Hixson posted:

Ask your friend why my beautiful child 30k is dead

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

tallkidwithglasses posted:

When I’m home I can get the specific color numbers, but it’s vallejo dark brown as a base, highlight by mixing in flesh tone 50:50, wash the whole thing sepia, pin wash black, re-highlight with 75:25 flesh tone:dark brown.

The best advice I found when reading tips and guides was that darker skin naturally has sharper contrasts than paler skin, so shadows should be darker and highlights should be lighter than what you’d do if you’re painting a honky.

You're a bitch idiot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Star Colonel Stanyer reporting into the bad thread with pictures of my marines from the good Warhammer game, you know, the one that requires assembly of their models:

Stanyer89 fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 9, 2019

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

TheBigAristotle posted:

Nice mod[sass]els

Thank you kind sir.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Nice yellows dude

Thank you bb.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Booley posted:

Or would you prefer than any time anyone does anything remotely bad they be kicked out of everything forever (unless they're a republican cop, in which case they're good people who should be allowed to stick around with nothing negative said about them)

I mean if we’re going to dox the guy I’d personally say he’s more of a Constitutionalist and less cop more Military Police than anything else really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Booley posted:

1) There are my photos in the OP that I'd rather not have used again because lowtax sucks.

2) As a professional photographer, I do in fact have somewhat more understanding of copyright, licensing and transformative works than the average person, and slapping a few images together is absolutely not a unique work and would not be considered fair use, nor can someone re-license sobe thing without permission.

Lol if only you were good at playing the game.