Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

:laffo:

GW is just straight up mimicking Stormcast Eternals with primaris marines now. It was already obvious aesthetically but now we've got the Vanguard Chamber Space Marines. They're not even trying anymore.

:laffo:

Still mad about the big boys huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Stephenls posted:

More cross-posting.

This one is real good

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I expect the Sisters of Battle release to be a disappointment anyway, considering the way Games Workshop betrayed the ork community with only two vehicle kits in Orktober.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Zuul the Cat posted:

I smell an ORKTOBER all over again.

Another betrayal...

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Got the Ridgerunner done:

Dude you are so, so good at this

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Prions! posted:

Just go for it! I hate doing metallic gold so used a sand colour for mine instead.

This is extremely cool.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Hixson posted:

Cross Posting my Two Kit Daemons (TKDs)

Making everyone else's poo poo look bad as usual. Very good

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I post them in the Good Thread but here’s a selection for Bad Thread.

Did you share the recipe for that skin somewhere?
That's a cool army.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

tallkidwithglasses posted:

When I’m home I can get the specific color numbers, but it’s vallejo dark brown as a base, highlight by mixing in flesh tone 50:50, wash the whole thing sepia, pin wash black, re-highlight with 75:25 flesh tone:dark brown.

The best advice I found when reading tips and guides was that darker skin naturally has sharper contrasts than paler skin, so shadows should be darker and highlights should be lighter than what you’d do if you’re painting a honky.

Thank you. I will try this on one of the head options for my UItramarine commander and report back

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Stephenls posted:

There we go; fully magnetized Shrike with swappable heads and backpacks; gap on belt from helmet removal is filled with additional bundle of birb skulls from the upgrade sprue; Shrike clearly needs to head back to Deliverance to bury the things soon.

This was terrifying! The dual-magnet setup I'm using for the backpack does not allow for inaccurate hole placement; everything has to be lined up perfectly and nothing can be proud or sunken. I did mess up a bit and misalign the upper magnet on the plastic backpack maybe a quarter of a milimeter to the left of where it ought to be, but since it's less than half a milimeter off and he's standing at an angle, it's just within tolerance.

Now to wait for the multibuild suppressors and hope they come with a bald masked head so I can give Shrike the half-buzz cover-of-the-codex extra emo haircut he really deserves.

(EDIT: Also, wow, staying up until 3 AM doing this and laundry and meal-prep cooking is clearly doing things to my semicolon use.)

Great work. Nice improvement on the original model.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Corrode posted:

It has generated some truly spectacular rage, so it was totally worth it.

You can't just post that and not share

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Only Schadenboner has the necessary energy to make new 40k ops.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

goose willis posted:

But guys guys aren't you all amped about the Baal Super Laserfucker Megatank with forty lascannons and the ability to re-roll charges with superfucker tank treads that deal 3d6 mortal wounds on a 2+ roll because you're a faction Games Workshop cares about so they need to keep providing you with overpowered units to keep you buying things to kill the NPC factions with and you have to paint it red so that people can't confuse you with ultramarines or whatever

honk honk hoooonk

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Booley posted:

Did some painting this year.

Those are OK I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

goose willis posted:

If you paid as much attention to your writing as you did to your painting Goonhammer would be a lot more readable

If you need to heckle, make it funny.