Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

New thread? Opening with dude pics? Let's make it Orky! :orks101:

Plus bonus diggas

Looking forward to trying out the new edition, my stuff should be arriving with the parents tomorrow for me to pick up next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pretty disappointed in the FW team loving up and missing the Mega Dredd out (in addition to the missing weapons and options on the Meka one). Hopefully they'll rectify it eventually with a PDF download or something.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

berzerkmonkey posted:

No. Only current models

Except the ones they forgot :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Blasts / Templates to 'randomised number of shots' is really inconsistent in the 7th to 8th conversion.

e.g.
Flamer: in 7th was flame template, in 8th is D6 Auto Hits
Burna: in 7th was flame template, in 8th is D3 Auto Hits

Frag Missile: in 7th was Small Blast, in 8th is D6 Shots
Frag Grenade: in 7th was Small Blast, in 8th is D6 Shots
Battle Cannon: in 7th was Large Blast, in 8th is D6 Shots
Thermal Cannon: in 7th was Large Blast, in 8th is D3 Shots (increasing to D6 versus units of 5+ models)
Thunderfire Cannon: in 7th was 4x Small Blast, in 8th is 4D3 Shots

etc.

IMO they should have made these weapons 1 roll to hit doing XDY + Z hits, like Blast weapons in KOW. Would have reduced die rolling and makes for a thematic split between blast weapons and ones which just have a high rate of fire.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I noticed something amusing. Skarbrand has a rule which forbids any units within 8" of him from falling back. This means if you pair him up with a bunch of Furies or other flying guys you can make any flyers with a minimum movement automatically crash by charging them and parking him within 8".

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Deptfordx posted:

I had somehow completely failed to notice bikers were 2 wounds and had rapid fire 2 on there bike bolters now. Guess I'm going to have to finish painting that bike squad that's been sitting half-painted in a box for about 2 years.

A question. So can they fire their bike bolters and their bolt pistols/special weapons at the same time?

Shooting models have three options now:

1. Fire everything that isn't a pistol or grenade
2. Fire all pistols
3. One model may throw a grenade

So if you have a Biker with a Plasma Gun, he can fire the bike bolters and the plasma. But a biker couldn't fire the bolters and his pistol.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Hey you special snowflake BA players, you can now take your precious melta guns in Assault Squads again.

quote:

Page 89 – Wargear
Add the following before the final paragraph:
‘Models in Assault Squads that have the option for a flamer may take a meltagun or plasma gun instead (replacing their bolt pistol and chainsword).’

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Regimental Standard still hitting it out of the park https://regimental-standard.com/2017/07/05/enriching-activities-for-idle-hands/

Hydra Dominatus

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

adamantium|wang posted:

In this case 3 models of the red unit can see a model in the green unit and fire.

RAW the green unit does not get any cover and the owner of the green unit can allocate wounds to any one of the models in the green unit. Terrain and cover is pretty hosed in 8th.

However, there is this one weird trick that WAACers Hate:

In situations like this, don't use fast rolling (iirc technically it's an optional rule), and revert back to the 'one model, one weapon at a time' default rules. The green player can take a casualty on the exposed dude and then the rest of the unit is safe from further shooting (multi hit weapons could still spread but I guess that's 'thematic' for a blast or something).

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

IIRC the original basilisks were designed before the accessory sprue with the track guards was a thing, so most likely some adaption would be needed to make them all fit together.

Official pictures still show it without the track guards (except for the box picture for some reason) so I don't know if the modern kit was recut to fit better - https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Imperial-Guard-Basilisk

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

HardCoil posted:

I just don't understand the concept of "stripped down" MK X armour giving exactly the same save as normal?

Because there's only 6 numbers available on a D6 system and it's still better than the 4+ of Carapace armour.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Astra Militarum Imperial Guard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUW8sBaacQI

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

JackMack posted:

I am catching up the thread from a few pages back, see that the conversation turns to musical themes and I turn to my wife and said.. "Zark is going to post Guardsmanquest." She turned to me and said "what are you blathering about now" however scrolling down I was right. I love that video.

I aim to please :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Floppychop posted:

Just finished up this guy. I got the Goff Rockers for two reasons. First is that they're friggin sweet. Second is that the Weirdboy model is hard to find and I don't like it much. So this is going to be a Weirdboy on the table.

Since the Rockers are shorter than the weirdboy model I decided I needed something for him to stand on.

What up Rokk buddy!

Though I think I'll end up using mine as Flash Gitz with these as Ammo Runtz:

Re the new Aggressors, does anyone remember when the Gauntlets of Ultramar were special? Now it feels every fucker has power fists with built in guns... though some of the design elements do remind me of the old rear end Devastator concept images (can't find them now but they featured a rocked launcher collar and dual underslung assault cannons arm braces).

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Space Bees could actually be a pretty cool new xenos faction?

Vespid already exist

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

In this week's edition of Things Blood Angels Cannot Take For Some Reason- Cataphractii and Tartaros Terminators.

Well you see GW has to take some units out to compensate for all the unique units BA get. You can't just have all the base SM stuff and add all the special snowflake stuff on top of it, that'd just be silly.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pendent posted:

You have to admit it's super dumb that a first founding chapter doesn't get access to the armor they used during the heresy but the Space Goku chapter somebody at your local store made up does.

Nah they melted them all down to make Lucifer engines and Baal Predators.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Chapter Focus for Fists and BTs is up:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/21/chapter-focus-the-imperial-fists-crimson-fists-and-black-templars-july21gw-homepage-post-3/

Fists get an oddly specific warlord trait, and for the cost of a CP every BT has a psychic hood.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Hummingbird James posted:

Don't forget that there's a near-perpetual motion engine inside it, that they don't have the instruction manual for because the guy who invented it didn't share how it worked before he died. So, since they're too scared to turn it off in case it doesn't turn back on again, they store Dragoons and Ironstriders either in huge circular barracks, where the walkers are constantly turning and the riders have to be lowered on with a huge crane, or on huge treadmills to (very inefficiently) transfer that energy into other machinery.

Someone should make this into a GD Diorama with a bunch of those fuckers inside giant hamster wheels

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

SteelMentor posted:

The people behind Eagle Ordinary are doing a cookbook for Adepticon.

That's neat!

Now to figure out what Soylens Viridians is made of so I can contribute...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

DiHK posted:

Does anybody have some waterslide transfers they're willing to part with for Blood Angels, particularly shoulder and vehicle "winged blood drops"?

Drop a PM.

Pretty sure I've a bunch of BA transfers spare, I'll check tonight.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Lord Twisted posted:

Not sure this is happening any more mate due to table availability - JackMack?

Latest was we have tables available on the 9th September - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824610

I think the plan was 75 Power, Battle Forged?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

It's nice and all, but I'm angry because every random thing they do further delays this work of art getting released:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Also Possessed get an extra wound, and they have a psychic power which buffs a unit with 5+ FNP. Plus for 2CP one of your units can shoot twice in the shooting phase.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Faction focus for the Bat head bois is up - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/02/legion-focus-night-lords-aug-2gw-homepage-post-2/ including their edgelord claws relic.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The Bee posted:

So that's foreshadowing Admech and Imperial Guard soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Chaos Demons was also coming, as well as Thousand Sons and probably at least one non-codex Marine.

I know my initial forecast was a lot of Xenos to represent each "main" faction, but it sounds like Year 1 is heavily dedicated towards pushing Imperium vs. Chaos. I think if any Xenos show up it'd be the Tau, especially if Chaos Tau happen.

GW basically said in the promo stuff that they wanted to concentrate on Imperium versus Chaos and bring that conflict to the fore.

As if they didn't already have an entire other game designed based on that...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's pretty clearly just going to give you one extra fight. I'd have to see the wording on Consolidating to verify not being able to fight them, though.

On the turn you charge you can only allocate attacks against a unit that you charged this turn. You can consolidate into other units, but can't hit them because you didn't charge them.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Flea Bargain posted:

EDIT: Is this showing up for people? If I open the images separately they show, but looking at it on SA they're broken. Weird. You can see the album here.

You're linking to the page the image is on and not the image itself

e.g. you need to link to http://i.imgur.com/i2mOeeH.jpg instead of http://imgur.com/i2mOeeH

Also use TIMG tags because those pics are huge:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

According to that article, Black Legion Rubric Marines are going to be pretty powerful.

Which is pretty weird because I thought Rubrics were specific to the Thousand Sons due to them being caused by Ahriman's ritual?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

So far all of the Grey Knight strategies are lifted almost verbatim from the Space Marine ones (extra fighting, final attack, buff guys next to a dreadnought). I suspect every faction will get those or some variant thereof as Chaos Marines have the Fight one too (albeit Khorne only).

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zuul the Cat posted:

They announced the 30th Anniversary Model. You can see detailshere.

Kinda boring!

drat that guy is loving bland, nothing special at all about him. Rather disappointing for the 30th Anniversary model.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Technically the Crux Terminatus doesn't provide the inv save (it's just an icon, unlike a Rosarius or Iron Halo), GW just called the rule that when they gave Termies an inv save back in 4th(?) ed.

Also only Termies get true Cruxes. The smaller ones aren't properly Cruxes, they are just representations of the fact that the marine has Terminator Honours and could man a suit if they wished and one was available. (they used to just literally be called Terminator Honours but somewhere along the line a GW fluff person got confused)

:goonsay:

EDIT

Also it appears that the new 30th anniversary boringman has generated so much negative feedback GW have pulled it from their Facebook page (basically every post was like 'what another plain Primaris, couldn't you have done something interesting like an Ork or at least a Chaos Marine) - or at least it doesn't seem to show up for me any more.

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 7, 2017

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

New Chapter Approved book coining out later this year - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/09/new-matched-play-rules-in-chapter-approved-aug-9gw-homepage-post-1/

So far the previews seem to just be re-implementations of older rules.

Also some stuff being released at the FW Open Day:

Largely 30k (doubtless with eventual 40k rules too) with some BB, mugs and the re-release of the Rogue Idol (which I am mainly hopeful means some other classics like the Landship will be coming back)

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 9, 2017

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Once again Reg Standard is on form - https://regimental-standard.com/2017/08/09/konor-war-diaries-part-3-nethamus/

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zuul the Cat posted:

It's dumb that you lose canticles completely though for taking anything else. It should be like Space Marine Chapter tactics and just not apply to anything that doesn't have the Mechanicum keyword.

But Chapter Tactics don't work if you have any non-Space Marine units in the detachment, so it is like them.
:goonsay:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zuul the Cat posted:

Re: losing canticles/Chapter tactics: oh yeah. Man, I seem to constantly gently caress up what I can and can't do. If I were to just take a Celexus assassin as auxiliary, it shouldn't make me lose canticles, right? Since it's a separate detachment?

Also, are you only allowed a single auxiliary force? So I couldn't take both sister of silence and an assassin as auxiliary?

Yup, putting them in a separate detachment means you get to keep testicles of the omnissiah.

You can put Sisters and Assassins in the same detachment as they all have the Imperium faction keyword. Could go with like an Inquisitor for the HQ, Assassin and one of the Sister squads as one of the smaller force orgs.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Texmo posted:

(I hope there's still some really goofy looking Goliaths you can build with the multipart kit)

:D

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

panascope posted:

I'm about to start working on a Knight-Acheron today, post your Knights so I can steal your paint schemes.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Post 9-11 User posted:

So, her rules were written while 8th was in the prototype phase? Factions are mentioned, but then so are USR's, Initiative, and numerical WS/BS which are gone.

Nope that's pure 7th ed. Factions were a thing back then too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I've done my duty and voted Space Marine. And Drachenfels too because we need more super oldskool GW stuff being reprinted.