Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
I have a customer who wants me to build him a 6 gpu 1060 rig. should i tell him hes dumb or take his money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Should i require payment in altcoin instead of worthless fiat?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

PerrineClostermann posted:

How hard is it to sell your​ cards without losing out on fees or PayPal fraud?

Craigslist.

Selling to miners might be risky since they only want it for a small period of time and have 180 days to do a paypal dispute.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Lockback posted:

Ok, I guess the hype is dying quickly then. Still holding out hope I can flip my GPU on Craigslist.

I included links to the mining calculator and everything.

Actually the more the hype grows the more people mine the higher the difficulty the lower the value

You lose either way.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

1gnoirents posted:

no... that is not how it works with gpus , outside of moving parts. It is conceivable that cards operating with nearly out of spec parts may come to light that running them 24/7 may push them over the edge (cough evga) but thats just speculation.

Youre probably thinking about razer mice or something or perhaps CPUs with max vcore

Except that didn't happen to evga at all. Evga had bad caps

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

:suicide:

This is why you cant buy bideo cards

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6j9hwf/bought_too_many_gpus_delimma/

quote:

So here's the story. One month ago I partnered up with 2 of my buddies to start a huge Ethereum mining investment. We went to every Micro Center in New York and cleared all the AMD cards off the shelves. We also purchased cards on NewEgg, Amazon, BestBuy and etc. We had friends and relatives shipped cards to us from out of state. Two weeks ago we finally found a suitable space to run our rigs. It is a warehouse about a 1 hour drive away from where we live. We signed the lease and immediately hired an electrician to do some wiring work. It was not until a week ago that we realized we purchased way too many graphic cards. We simply do not have enough electrical power to support all our rigs. I mean we knew we wouldn’t have enough electrical power from the start but we thought we could just add more power to the place easily but apparently that’s not the case. We have to apply for it, wait for its’ approval and even after it’s approved it is going to be quite costly. So a cheaper and faster solution to our problem right now is to look for a second space which we are in the process of doing right now. But we still have too many cards right now. Currently we’re running around 85 - 95 graphic cards and some heavy duty fans from Home Depot at our current place. We still have about 150 graphic cards sitting around and another 17 coming from California. Assuming the second space we lease will most likely have the standard electrical power available, that will mean we will have to look for a third space. Since time is of the essence right now and we do not know when we will find our third space or even our second space, my partners and I have decided we will sell about 50 – 80 of our graphic cards to minimize our risks.
So here's the problem. When we were moving all the graphic cards to the warehouse, we unboxed everything in order to fit everything in my car. The cards are all mixed up and I have no idea which are 570s, which are 580s, which are 4GBs and which are 8GBs. Anyone who has been clearing the shelves will know that they come in so many shapes and forms. And even if I figure out which one is which, I still have to match them with all my receipts. Anyone have a quick solution to this problem? The only thing I can think of is to sell them in bundles, just grabbing them out at random and putting a flat cost on all the cards instead of marking them up individually. But I don't know will it take long for me to find a buyer this way since it would require them to have a lot of capital at hand.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

They signed a loving lease lol

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you start losing money you can make it up in volume.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Fauxtool posted:

what exactly has caused the steep drop in profits over the last week. I was doing over $6 a day on a 1070 and now its barely $3. Still way in the black but troubling. Im not seeing a major drop in value so is it just all the added miners fighting for new blocks and only that? If nicehash wasnt so easy to get started they wouldnt never be mining, but neither would I

Crypto currency is basically worthless so all the value is in speculation.

Not to mention its like social networks when myspace was around and just cause you were hot poo poo one day didn't mean anything.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

That guy who overbought gpus is only using 300sq feet of the 1500sq ft warehouse he signed a lease on lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/HVAC/comments/6h96yc/can_i_run_an_ac_indoor/

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Don Lapre fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 27, 2017

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Why would you rack them up close to each other when you've got all that space? Does he think he's going to expand his operation into filling an entire 1500sqf warehouse with loving server racks?

Why did he even rent such a big place?

Just... I can't even.

He bought more cards than he has motherboards and io cables to run. Literally buying everything he could.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

how many $110 1060 6GBs are we looking at in a few months

Weeks

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Fauxtool posted:

I dont even know what to do with cheap 1060s. I already have this gaming computer. I dont need as much as a 1060 to stream steam stuff if i was going to make a pc to connect to a tv

Have you considered mining alt coins?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Should i go back in time and buy eth at $400 a coin?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9deSVpjm1Kk

Just in time for a market crash

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

B stock is refurb and step ups.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Godinster posted:

I thought Best Buy doesn't allow returns on open GPUs?

You thought wrong dude.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

metallicaeg posted:

Is it normal to wait for days for a deposit from nicehash to show on coinbase? I have my first deposit from the 27th showing as completed and verified in the transaction history but my balance remains 0, which goes against coinbase's self-help that any verified deposits are available quickly after verification.

Did you send your buttcoins to the correct wallet address?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

iirc its still luck of the draw that your group gets rewarded a block of coins. The estimate is just an estimate.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

PerrineClostermann posted:

Nice hash isn't mining blocks, it's selling mining power.

Ohh, didn't know.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Truly the currency of the future.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Jago posted:

Completed selling my 1070 for $435 before eBay fees and shipping, I bought it for 300 flat a little over a month ago. 1080 ti is something I never would have justified anyway. Getting close to 70 dollars coin profit, can too!

T minus 179 days till PayPal dispute

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

So is Bitcoin going to be split into two different coins?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Fauxtool posted:

why stop at 2?

There is some fork they are doing and the chinese dont agree with the other 20% of bitcoiners about what to do or some poo poo.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

EVGA has no 30 or 90 day rule on registration on gpus. The only rule they have is for their psu warranties to get 10 years or whatever.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Fauxtool posted:

Can you find where it says that? I can only find info supporting a limited window to register. but that is for a limited lifetime warranty. It would be nice to see in writing where they say its okay to RMA a 2nd hand card. ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI explicitly say the warranty is attached to the serial not the buyer.

My info is from the "EVGA Graphics Cards Warranty Terms" which confusingly lists several PSUs like it was pasted from those warranties.
There is a separate page for the PSU warranties with different terms

Evga doesn't do lifetime warranties anymore. That was for cards years and years ago. All their cards now are three year or one year for bstock and no receipt is even required. Though it will go by production date if you don't have one.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

"I spent $4000 on mining parts a month ago and i still have not gotten them. Parts are out of stock. Thinking of canceling my order. Anyone else in this situation?"

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Can someone please set up a GPU futures market

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

The buyer can send back a box of rocks or a different card.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If only I had picked the lottery numbers.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If i had picked all the right lottery numbers id be a millionare!

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

tehinternet posted:

The bubble is almost comically large now; at what point do you bail? I mean I've only got burrito tier money in there, but I wanna maximize my burrito purchasing power.

You should sell right before everyone else does.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Saw someone say that if china banned bitcoin it wouldn't be a big deal cause they could just convert bitcoin to USD and then convert that to chinese fun money.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Rip China.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

1gnoirents posted:

Nicehash conveniently missed a payout on Tuesday for me when I had .017+ and now the price is *fart noise* is there somebody I can complain to? Like an agency of some kind that handles discrepancies and manages issues???? what are those called

You mean you want regulation for your unregulated currency market?

You still have the same amount of coin. Dont know why you would want FIAT anyway.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Should I wait for bitcoin to hit $5000 before buying again

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

:barf:

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Chinese government adopts dogecoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Don't forget the strawberries.

• Locked thread