Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Craptacular! posted:

I have but one wish: Hyper Light Drifter.

My "one game" would probably be either Elite Dangerous, Hollow Knight, or Binding of Issac (which was on sale for $11 with expansion recently).

Turd Herder posted:

But my wish list has grown to over 70 from browsing and goon recommendations. So well see.

Mine is 300+

strategery fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jun 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

jokes posted:

Looking for a good deal on Attila: Total War since I never bought it and it's still like full price. Wanna lead a group of hobos westward and slay some idiot Vikings/Huns, but without spending much money.

poo poo just googled it, you can get it for $10 on amazon, steam edition too!

Nice! I need to get into the total war games. I think the thing that prevents me is that I find manually controlling the units manually in battle hard because I am terrible at that and auto resolving feels like a cop-out option. I need to get over that ad focus on the game.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
So my phone is making GBS threads the bed in regards to the steam app. Can anyone tell me what the sales are if any on the following (USA)?
Clockwork Empires
Environmental Station Alpha
Boundless
Critical Annihilation
Oxygen Not included
Snake Pass
Neir Automata
Genital Jousting
Night in the Woods
Little Nightmares
Gang Beasts
Interstellar Rift
Astroneer
Dungeonmans
Pit People
Shadow Tactics
Flinthook
Quadrilateral Cowboy

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

Xaris posted:

Clockwork Empires - 50% - $15. it's bad. devs also closed up shop and basically an incomplete game.

Jesus. That sucks. I was wondering what happened to Dreadmore on phones. At the very least they should provide workshop support.

strategery fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 22, 2017

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
Kind of a long list, but say I want to spend $30 max with no more than $15 per game.
#Refined list

Sublevel Zero ------------ 7.50
Enter the Gungeon --------- 7.50
Salt and Sanctuary -------- 11.00
Hyperlight Drifter -------- 10.00
Dead Cells ---------------- 14.50 (not really that on sale though)
Snake Pass ---------------- 10.00
Song of the Deep ----------- 3.75
Hollow Knight --------------10.00

strategery fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jun 22, 2017

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
#Refined my list. I want to spend $30 max with no more than $15 per game.

Sublevel Zero ------------ 7.50
Enter the Gungeon --------- 7.50
Salt and Sanctuary -------- 11.00
Hyperlight Drifter -------- 10.00
Dead Cells ---------------- 14.50 (not really that on sale though)
Snake Pass ---------------- 10.00
Song of the Deep ----------- 3.75
Hollow Knight --------------10.00

Seems like the consensus is Hollow Knight (which had a demo in a humble monthly but once i realized I got a demo for the monthly, i ignored it.) and Hyperlight Drifter. The 3rd game is up in the air. To me, it seems like an even split between Salt and Sanctuary and Gungeon. Might just bite the bullet and get dead cells for 5 more than i plnaned.

Also Lode Runner Legacy has an official Steam Page! Yay! Summer release :D

strategery fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jun 22, 2017

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

Oy oy oy, learn to chill as you play it. As long as you keep moving you'll do just fine. And remember that you are supposed to die a lot of the time, it's part of its charm!

I keep forgetting ror2 is in development

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

I don't understand why Wolfenstein TNO and The Old Blood are the same price when The Old Blood is half as long and not as good. It strikes me as something that should have been down to $5 a long time ago.

Yeah i thought this was weird.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

It was JUST half off.

Ill get Overwatch when it is 20 bucks

strategery fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 22, 2017

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

RentACop posted:

Red Alert 3 is extremely good and five dollars

In related news OpenRa is totally free. I mean ra3 is good. Just adding to the list.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
Im only spending 30 bucks. Im only spending 30 bucks. Im only spending 30 bucks.

gently caress

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

monster on a stick posted:

You can drop the XCOM 2 DLC, it's not all that great.

Is it necessary to play long war though?

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

lol the gently caress. This makes train sim dlc seem tame.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I realize it is divisive but how do I purchase Afterbirth+? Its only available in a bundle for 21 bucks and I just bought Rebirth and Afterbirth for 11 total.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
Is there a site that tells you what DLC you dont own from the games you do own? One would think this would be incorporated into steam, but alas, no.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

loopsheloop posted:

Can I get recs for Darks Souls-y games? I like the pace of combat, the freedom of the RPG system, and the variety in weapon styles. Thanks!

Personally I liked Lords of the Fallen. It has issues and clearly didn't have the budget to be as grand as a souls game, but for what it was i found it fun.

The other obvious example would be the surge (I haven't played). Same developer.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

Necropolis is a coop game with clear Souls inspiration. It's content light, so I recommend it with caveats though.

Per steam reviews it seems to also be abandoned. Not that it isn't don't but left with issues.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

Hopper posted:

Wolfenstein for Germans:
The region lock is only for 90 days for some reason and there is a complicated workaround based on that apparently.
1. Go to a country outside Germany, e.g. Sweden
2. Log into your steam account with the Swedish IP and change your payment method. Add a Swedish payment method, such as a Swedish credit card with a Swedish billing address.
Steam the changes your country.
3. Buy and activate Wolfenstein in Sweden.
4. Go back to Germany, try to start Wolfenstein. Steam won't let you. 5. Wait 90 days and try again, now it should work.

At least censorship results in something positive - creativity

Cowcaster posted:

ok steam thread help me pick 3:
-shadow warrior 2 - $24
-dragon's dogma - $12
-superhot -$15

My opinion, of course. Couldnt go too wrong anyway you choose.

Deformed Church posted:

I've heard very mixed things about Dawn of War 3, but a lot of it seemed to be about it being the wrong kind of game or something. If I just want some more 40k explosions and aren't too worried about RTS genre purity, is it any good at all?
From what I understand:
DOW1: Its like Starcraft(ish)
DOW2: Its syndicate
DOW3: Its DOTA

Personally I liked DOW1 and 2 a lot. A lot of people hate one or the other because they are not what they expected, but I rather like each one having its own style.

strategery fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 24, 2017

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

-Blackadder- posted:

Uh...so this is what my steam cart looks like right now. Most of it is pretty heavily discounted (~75%), but I still think I could really use some help cutting this down...

One Finger Death Punch
Skullgirls 2nd Encore Upgrade
Skullgirls
Rochard
Portal Bundle
Crypt of the NecroDancer
Stardew Valley
ICEY
Rise of Nations: Extended Edition
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Rivals of Aether
Brothers in Arms Pack
Craft The World
Megabyte Punch
Creeper World 3
Bad Company 2 Bundle
Dungeon Warfare
Salt and Sanctuary
Broforce
Hollow Knight

Got rid of some redundant and generally "worse" games

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

Axel Serenity posted:

I made a thing for people looking for cheap games. Most of these are kinda old since I haven't been gung-ho about Steam Sales in a fair bit, but they're games that made an impression on me. Beatbuddy, in particular, is really cool if you want a chill kinda-platformer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1npUlxR1kQ

Excellent job. You got yourself a new subscriber!

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

PlushCow posted:

Titanfall 2 is not on steam, not on sale on origin, but it is on sale on US amazon (Origin key) for $20, and has an amazing campaign. https://www.amazon.com/Titanfall-2-Online-Game-Code/dp/B01H0LFJWA

Playing titanfall 2 on ps4 now and am having a great time. :D

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

I hope Marvel Ultimate Alliance drops a little lower. I liked that game and want to replay it but it's a little pricey for a game from 2006.

Yeah the default price is hilariously high especially with the slew of control issues and lack of dlc built in that it had a launch. The game should be 15 retail tops. Really for 60 bucks it should come with X-Men legends 1 and 2 and ultimate alliance 1 and 2.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

Deformed Church posted:

Have any good Diablo style ARPGs come out that I might have missed over the past ~six months? Or should I just reinstlal path of exile and hope it doesn't take too much offense to my lovely lovely internet?

Path of Exile
Marvel Heroes 2016
Grim Dawn
Titan Quest Anniversary
Torchlight
Victor Vran
Van Helsing 2

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
Golf it or Golf With Your Friends? I would play online vs as my friends dont have pcs (or local if thats a thing)

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

Rogue Legacy IS floaty and also a disappointing garbage pile

It is admirable how you are okay being completely and utterly wrong.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

The Walrus posted:

okay, I'm done. I'm done.
I'm done!!

Quake 4

I always forget about ID's/Raven's red headed step child. It's not bad. I beat it >3 times on 360 back in the day. Its just their most overlooked/forgotten game.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

spider wisdom posted:

Bought and returned Interstellar Rift and Osiris: New Dawn.

Rift is really cool and spergworthy but ran badly on my recently updated machine. I'll keep tabs on it as development continues.

I've had interstellar rift on my wishlist for some time now. I want to try it but I know I should wait.

My question: Have they added enough into American truck sim? It's 10 bucks and while i have only played euro2 for 30 hours, the idea of driving on the correct side of the road is appealing.

strategery fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 26, 2017

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
Opinion time! I refunded Binding of Issac and DLC for about 13 bucks because I own (the base game) it on ps4 due to psplus already and didnt want to spend 13-18 bucks for the game with all dlc. So using that possible 13 bucks, here are 3 options I'm floating:

1. Virginia - 2.50
2. Skyforce - 2.50
3. Song of the Deep - 3.75
4. Grim Dawn Crucible DLC - 4.00
Total - 12.75

1. N++ - 7.50
2. Virginia - 2.50
3. Skyforce - 2.50
Total - 12.50

1. Captain Forever Remix - 6.00
2. Lords of Shadow 2 - 8.00
Total - 12.00

Alternates:
- Firewatch - 9.00
- Renowned Explorers - 8.00
- Simple Planes - 7.80
- Reassembly - 7.50

strategery fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 27, 2017

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Does Bioshock 2 Remastered not include Minerva's Den?

Almost positive it does.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

-Blackadder- posted:

Sooo, a few more games crept into my cart that I need some goon opinions on to whittle down...

7 Days to Die -60% $9.99
- I have this on ps4 so i cant speak directly about pc specific stuff, but the game is a fun minecraft-ish survival game where you need to survive (drink, eat) and scavenge for materials. It has a very active development and the devs put out a youtube video and do amas on their forums. They are quite responsive and have added a lot of user features. A fun game to play alone or with friends.

Luftrausers -$75% $2.49
- Its awesome. A score chase side scrolling arcadey plane game. Buy it.

Furi +DLC -0% $11.88
- Have base game on ps4. I beat one boss, so i didnt get too far. Hard as balls bullet hell twin stick slasher/shooter/counter game. It is literally a boss rush game. I didnt play much after. Just wasnt scratching that itch at the time. But a lot like it.

Eldritch -90% $1.49
- Its a fun rogue like. I like it.

ABZU -70% $5.99
- A beautiful diving / walking simulator. An opaque story, but its just nice to look at and is very enjoyable. Also like 2 hours long.

Devil Daggers -50% $2.49
- A first person shooter with 2 sooting modes/guns where you are on a flat surface and nothing to look at but stylized enemies trying to kill you. I lasted 80 seconds.

Super House of the Dead Ninjas -80% $1.39
- Very fun platformer. Id recommend a controller.

Summer Sale Puzzles Bundle (World of Goo, Machinarium, Samorost 2, SpaceChem, Tiny Bang Story, Gateways, The Bridge, Tetrobot & Co, The Room, Sokobond) -87% $10.74
Havent played all of them, but of the ones i played thats a solid list of puzzle games.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

Zetsubou-san posted:

get Morrowind. Morrowind features a strange land to get lost in. Oblivion features Patrick Stewart

This. There is also the overhaul mod which has a super easy to use step by step installer and makes the game look way more modern.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

-Blackadder- posted:

This game has nearly 70 thousand overwhelmingly positive reviews. :psyduck:

Can some explain what the appeal is?

And it's only $5.

Its a tycoon game basically. 15% management and 85% doing the actual work. But as others have mentioned, it's the perfect game to play listening to a podcast or music.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Just get Dead Cells. It's an amazing game so far and you won't regret it.

Dead Cells is fantastic

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I got Dark Souls 2 via Humble Bundle. When do I need to cancel that? Does it renew the second you get your games?

If you go to your account page, it will tell you your next billing date. It is usually the 25th or 30th.

Wildtortilla posted:

Quake 2 is one of the most fun games I played growing up. I don't know what would be got garbage about it. I played it two years ago and it still rules hard. In fact I think it's superior to Quake.

Quake 1 is probably my all time favorite game. Quake 2 is close. I actually just beat the expansions for both a year ago and had a blast despite their age. The hold up very well. I was hoping for a 20th anniversary Quake 1/2 Edition with workshop support and local multiplayer splitscreen (on consoles) for kicks, but alas, no. Wolfenstein has cannibalized a lot of Quake's ideas.

strategery fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jul 5, 2017

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

Blattdorf posted:

The wishlist is empty. Well, someone's mentioned Card Quest, so I'm keeping tabs on that one come next sale, but otherwise it's empty.

To be fair, I add stuff to my wishlist or follow EA games to avoid going to the store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

kater posted:

Every time I see doom taking up 90 gig I want to delete it, don't care how good it is supposed to be.

Worth it.

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

Humble Monthly's preview games just showed up and they're NBA 2k17 and Pillars of Eternity, which is an interesting combo.

$12 gets you those plus some mystery games in a month.

Don't have pillars so hell yeah. How long is it?

John Murdoch posted:

Also let's not forget that Bethesda clearly thought Doom's multiplayer was going to be the next big thing and bankrolled all that DLC for it.

Sigh. I would much rather have a single player expansion. I played multiplayer for 12 hours or so and max leveled. It's not bad. It's just it what I wanted dlc to focus on.

strategery fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 8, 2017

• Locked thread