Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Mind_Taker posted:

~goons are not a deterrent~

I don't know I find myself avoiding this place more and more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

let me tell you about teams that win stanley cups then make monumentally stupid personnel decisions

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

That's Ken Holland's music

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Twin Cinema posted:

Here's a list of the players up for HHOF induction today, and my thoughts:

No Way: Joseph

:smith:

somewhere schroedinger's cat smiles and searches his house frantically for his wife

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

bewbies posted:

I read this sentence like 4 times and still don't understand.

People won't appreciate how actually cool and good and not bad Osgood is unless we spend the next four pages passive-aggressively trumpeting the career of a sub-.915 goalie

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i am the bird posted:

Detroit's stupid if they don't think about Yak. Their top 6 is abysmal and their cupboard is bare.

He's way too young and inexpensive

Jamwad Hilder posted:

More like Chris Osbad

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

you mess with oz you can follow the yellow brick road straight to hell

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Levitate posted:

I think I'd be totally happy with re-signing Smith (DAS collectively takes a horrified gasp) as long as the contract isn't too dumb. He was pretty much a perfect 2nd pairing guy with Skjei last year.

I remember when Smith came from Wisconsin, that hope, that possibility, that promise, that nice <40 game sample size where he managed not to poo poo his pants and hey look! They finally got that Rafalski replacement! Oh gently caress, it turns out he's actually terrible.

Whoever gives him that Jeff Finger+ money is gonna feel real smart until he is actually playing hockey after the first half season of that contract.

It's going to be Holland. He's coming home with Hudler and I'm coming home to the Lord

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

It's loving happening and you all know it

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Perhaps the Leafs might part with Marchenko

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

grack posted:

*For non-Detroit fans

gently caress it I don't even care anymore :regd08:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I loving knew it. I loving know you Holland you loving jackass. Can't wait until he ups the offer

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Helm and Nielsen are the latter :smith: Abdelkader, Kronwall, and Ericsson are the former but they also makes way too much money so they are just bad in every way

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Holland please throw every available dollar at Jagr and give me at least a fleeting reason to watch this dog poo poo nonsense

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Man Vanek-Nielsen-Jagr would make an awesome "you should've gotten these guys in 2010" line

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

He had one goal in November, one goal in December, and that was it in 58 games. He sucks at holding on to the puck, looks like poo poo when he does have it, barely shoots, can't backcheck

This got Justin Abdelkader a 7 year contract

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Gio posted:

More Holland apologia from Detroit media.

gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucckkkkkkkkkkkkkk yoooooooooooooooooouuuuuu

quote:

The selections of Rasmussen and second-rounder Gustav Lindstrom were panned by some observers, but showed the Wings recognize their weaknesses.

They were too small and tried to get bigger. They were too old and tried to get younger. Holland respectfully disagrees with those who plopped the Wings in the "losers" category after the draft.

Yes because it hasn't become universally accepted across all four major sports over the last three decades that GMs that draft for need over talent are the ones who are bad and destroy their teams

Remember Matt Millen?? loving remember that guy or no??????????

God drat this bullshit Fire Holland and the entire Detroit sports media.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Do we all still love Teemu?

thanks guys

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Friendly reminder that Curtis Lazar was traded for a better return than what Holland got for Vanek from a team that didn't even make the fuckin playoffs

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Zipay never got any connections probably because I'm sure everyone in the entire league, let alone the Garden, is aware that he's the world's biggest dink

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yes and I wouldn't be shocked at all if that was the main contributor in his decline, because in games I watched last year, the ones he played the best were the ones in which he was the most aggressive

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If Justin Abdelkader is the next captain of the Red Wings I'm literally done until every last piece of Holland is scrubbed from that team.

c u in 2035 when they make the playoffs again

e: I haven't bought any red wings gear, watched or attended a game since right after they lost to Tampa the first time and I almost assuredly won't until Holland is gone

Last game I went to was vs. the Islanders 1-25-16 and last one I watched on TV was probably against the Rangers that March

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 28, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

No professional sports championships before free agency count, especially in baseball, and I believe hockey, where teams had territorial rights to incoming players

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Do that too.

Especially do it in any sport before integration. Nothing in baseball matters before 1947.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Shocked at that bottom 3, I am

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

FBS posted:

We're two days away from starting August, The Worst Month, and I'm on the Gamecenter archives trying to cure my withdrawal.

What were the most memorable games from your team's regular season? Gimme some fun games to go back and watch.

The game when the Red Wings were officially eliminated from the playoffs

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

That's only 1.5 Clutterbucks

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

it'll be kind of cool if the US just brings a bunch of college kids, though.

This would rule and would be better than the actual normal Olympics, just give us WJC pt. 2 tia

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Handball, guys :getin:

e: I know that's summer, start watching it now instead of the Olympics so you're ready for 2020

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 7, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

An AHL team would smoke an NCAA team.

The best 23 NCAA players in the country with ample practice time would beat an average AHL team come @ me

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

I remember waking up at 5am for the most boring championship game in the history of any sport ever.

Someone clearly blocked out the Bucs/Raiders and Seahawks/Broncos super bowls

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

gotta be honest, I'm with him for like 75% of that comment

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

seriously y'all we are through the looking glass on all this phil poo poo with all the penguins apologia flying around

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

can't wait for Larkin to get traded because Ken doesn't have the cap space for his second contract

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

glynnenstein posted:

Every CBA negotiation for 25 years has resulted in either a strike or a lockout, because Prokauser Rose knows exactly what it's doing.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Also, Trans Pecos is technically in Ridgewood, in Queens, not Brooklyn. But it's a pretty cool DIY house venue so maybe I'll come check you guys out.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Seriously if Abdelkader is the captain over Larkin, I am a hundred loving thousand percent done with the Wings until every last shred of Holland's influence is purged from that roster

e: gently caress I would sooner take Helm or loving DeKeyser as captain

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm submitting my application for full RAS status right now post-dated for the day it's official

e: also go perds

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Hopefully Hank plays out the string so I only have to deal with one year of that bullshit

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm toxx'd into this name and av until Holland is fired and I would vastly prefer something Zucc related but I just want to fit in and be accepted guys help me know what love is again Ken Holland has killed me inside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

gently caress Ken Holland

• Locked thread