Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

What did AJ Styles sat that got everyone on Twitter moralizing about supporting the WWE?

He liked a tweet that called African migrants Muslin invaders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If Triple H runs WWE like he runs NXT the company will go under in like 3 years from all the money it'll lose.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Vince is so stupid that one hour of his programming a week gets more money than every other wrestling company in the world will.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

If Disney bought the WWE we could get an Avengers vs. The Shield match so I'm all for that. Or Darth Vader vs. Undertaker.

Marvel vs. Capcom vs. WWE

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

This forum thinks that Bayley is good, LOL at calling Vince an idiot

Bayley is good....AT BEING WORSE THAN ALEXA!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bayley is only like Cena in that she was supposedly popular with women and children, then her main event had a historic level of women changing the channel.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

WWE has more TV in a 'season' than Game of Thrones has had in its entire run.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

Well, when I'm talking about his Naps its less about long sell spots and more about how he is consistently the least productive person in any multi-man match to the point where it sticks out like a sore thumb. We all remember the Royal Rumble where he Bravely Ran Away for a 20 minute break on his own power while barely even showing a limp, blatantly abusing a rules loophole because he had what looked like a modest owie based on his sell job. That's something one would expect from Miz, and it was done with the ostensible top babyface.

So Roman Reigns is as good as Shinsuke Nakamura? That's very good!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

hot take: triple h is actually bad

can't believe it. goons loved triple h so much a couple years ago. hopefully he gets another world title reign to show what he could do without vince holding him back. smh burying the most popular nxt talent ever.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dias posted:

You know what, I'll bite even though I know there's 0% chance of me getting a non-ironic answer: why do you think Roman Reigns is a legitimate great wrestler? You, not Meltzer or whatever. I think he's a perfectly OK dude that has had the benefit of instant heat from being always in the title contendership and the chance to work with some amazing talent. The issue isn't that his moveset is limited, is that it's uninteresting, his power offense looks like a struggle, his brawling is limited to superman punches and the drive-by. His spear is a good finisher but it's also overplayed, so he doesn't even get the Stunner/RKO boost there. He's booked to be at the same time this unbeatable monster and the full-of-heart babyface. There's no drama in Roman matches, he takes extended heat, makes the comeback a la Cena and either gets screwed or hits a spear. Outside of the ring, dude is not a good promo, and WWE has built his character up to be as generic as possible. LIke, I don't think he's horrible or unsalvageable, but what is the FIRE psychology Roman brings to the table, what is the unique personality and character work, what's the technical element?

Roman Reigns is the only wrestler to have an unironically good singles match with Suplex City Lesnar that didn't rely on being extremely short. I am regularly entertained by his matches, and his expressions are extremely good. I haven't seen an expression of babyface hope like when he finally staggered Lesnar in my entire time as a wrestling fan. Roman is a wrestler I can actually buy into the emotions he expresses on TV, unlike more or less anyone on the roster.

And since goons hated Roman around WM31 as a human being, I also sympathize with a human being held to an impossibly high standard.

Roman says something goons dislike about wrestling? loving DOUCHE.
Seth cheats on his fiancee with a Nazi (who he absolutely adores)? Love Seth even more (while claiming they think Nazis are bad and should not be around WWE, so don't claim it doesn't count because it isn't wrestling-related).

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

John Dudebro posted:

roman reigns is great and if you disagree then you can get the heck out of his yard

This too. The yard thing is the kind of 'meant to sound cool but is also dumb' that I love in wrestling.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

Just lol when HHH beats Kurt at next years WM.

Also Roman is a competent wrestler with a bad moveset and atrocious writing and his mic skills are bad

Seth nazi girlfriend doesnt have to do with anything Seth the wrestler does or did, you loving morons. She is really cool, has nice tatoos and was victim of a online lynch mob. VERY UNFAIR!

Gonzo, I have no issue with you. If you feel that way, then it's fine for you not to judge Seth. If you did judge her and call for punishment for her (such as being fired) and still clamored to support Seth being pushed even harder as a result, that is VERY UNFAIR and something I have an issue with.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Uncle Ulty posted:

So with all of this talk of Roman actually being good all this time, what would happen to his matches and workrate if he left WWE and went to RoH or NJPW for example?

Is he only 'good' in the context of WWE style? Would he crash and burn if he had to adapt to a different style? Or would he suddenly become 8* Reigns while fighting Okada in a future WK main event?

Roman would join the Bullet Club and be the top heel in Japan (and thus a massive star if he ever showed up in ROH) approximately half a second after leaving WWE, and his matches would probably be largely better as he'd be working with mostly smaller people than he is now, making him look much more impressive.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 3, 2017

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

Roman needs to go to formula 1 and replace that loving Roman Grosjean. He would fit in american Team Haas.

He needs to go to Honda and teach them how to build engines. He can't make things any worse than what they've got.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

When was the last time Roman even wrestled somebody who isn't a top star? Must be nice to grab that brass ring and be forced to work with very good wrestlers your whole career.

Braun Strowman, who he's had an extremely fun feud with.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

Honda: The power of magic beans

I would take a magic bean engine to win an F1 race over a Honda engine every single time.

Except maybe if the bean engine driver is Lance Stroll. Then I'd give Honda a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think one of the funniest posts I've ever read here was "Roman can't leave WWE because no indie would ever want him"

Forget the indies, imagine the company with Bad Luck Fale as an occasional main eventer not wanting Roman Reigns.

• Locked thread