Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

veedubfreak posted:

Woot ground floor. Got my necro to 70 using cheater gear. Now to wait for the nerds at blizzard to make the character functional to figure out the fastest clear spec.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Dr Strangepants posted:

I'm strongly considering buying the necro and then seeing what a season is like. I quit shortly after the expansion was released, and a lot of poo poo doesn't make sense to me anymore. Hopefully in the new season you goons won't mind playing with a noob.

Noobs are always welcome. Group is always good to carry or plvl folks.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Do they publicly shame the person by name who's character/gear you use for the challenge rifts?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

11 days to go.

Bets on if necro stuff is actually overhauled or just very minorly tweaked? I'm in the latter camp. :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

PC Users, help a console person out.

I'm having a hard time selling my buddies on Seasonal mode. "Why would I want to lose all my poo poo", "1 to 70 is the worst part of Diablo", and "But muh paragon points!" are the top 3 issues.

Why is Season mode cool and good?

The whole fun part about Diablo is finding upgrades. Everything that drops as you level is an upgrade. And it really doesn't take more than a couple hours. I try and do a different character each season so it doesn't feel like the same old thing over and over. Even then it feels fun since you're always on the hunt for newer, better items.

I've always loved the appeal of the Diablo games though and never have gotten tired of repeatedly doing the same poo poo over and over until I've gotten all the best in slot stuff. It's just a fun and good time waster. The frequency good items drop and how easy it is to get items you want makes it fairly rewarding for me at least.

Alternatively, start the season half a day later than when it starts and get power leveled to 70 and start from there. :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Dameius posted:

Plus, giving Blizzard proof that they can monetize this game could might maybe possibly potentially lead to more expansion classes and also maybe some of the Chinese cosmetics and poo poo. But hopefully not any of the pay to win boosts like weekend double xp passes or whatever they have.

"Blizzard brings back the RMAH in Patch 2.7!"

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

flirty dental hygienist posted:

It's nice to see that other people don't enjoy the Barbarian. I love Warriors in WoW and thought I'd really like the Barb in D3, it was one of the first class I wanted to play when I bought the game almost 2 weeks ago. Turns out it's just not fun. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, I hit 70 and tried some Rend/WW build from Icy-Veins but I never have enough Rage for attacks. Maybe if I had a couple set pieces it would be better, but I don't know. My first class to 70 was the Witch Doctor but that was fun right away and got even better once I got some of the Helltooth set pieces. I just wanted to play as a big brute and smash stuff. Crusader was also boring and I shelved him at 45.

I wouldn't give up on a class until you've tried out some of their end game builds with 6 piece sets. They're way different and much, much more powerful. Since these really don't take that long to get anymore, there's no reason not to. I used to hate Monk but loved dropping bells on people the one season I stopped being a sissy and gave it a chance.

With all that said, Barb and Crusader are my least favorite to play. :v: Demon Hunter is far and away my favorite. I'll likely play WD this season because I've never given it a fair shake either. That's unless they do some big changes to the necro when the patch drops, then I'll drop the coin and buy it. Just wasn't that fun in the beta.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Only two classes I haven't touched are Monk and Witch Doctor.

Suggestions on which one I should roll for Season 11? I'm assuming basically everyone but me will be playing Necro so maybe whichever one complements a Necro Team?

Witch Doctor so you can troll necros about you actually having good pets, without carpal tunnel.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Furism posted:

I finished this game for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm level 65 or so and started Adventure Mode. It's fun and I like it but in the Quest for Loot I'm not sure what's more efficient: Adventure Mode or Nephalem Rifts?

Also I'm confused about the way the game hands you loot. I have yet to see an Armor Set item but as I understand their drop is totally random (could drop from a rat or a boss) and you can find items for another class' armor set. What are you supposed to do with Legendaries of another class? Stash it, disenchant, sell it to a merchant?

Get to level 70 in adventure mode running the highest difficulty of rifts you can clear at a good speed without dying. Sets don't start dropping until lvl 70 in T1+. Get your Kanai's cube and start doing low level GRs to get your legendary gems. Then you can alternate do rifts, GRs, and bounties when you get bored/need specific materials.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Furism posted:

Thanks for the tips guys!

For now I can do Nephelem Rifts in Expert Mode with no problem - I barely, if ever, have to use a potion. It just takes too long to kill enemies while at the same time never be in any real danger. It takes me about 20 minutes to clear a NR. Are you saying that I should decrease the difficulty until it takes me 5-8 mins ?

Just get to 70 as fast as you can. Sounds like those rifts take too long so I would drop down one. Expert is usually the sweet spot for leveling to 70 but if you don't have the items for it (check vendors and craft recipes to upgrade to a better weapon) then it can be a slog. There's a huge jump in weapon damage for level 70 items and you should be able to jump into T1 fairly quick then.

If you're playing PC, post your character and build from battle.net and people can give specific recommendations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

DrSeRRoD posted:

There are season-specific pets tied to the journey every 3 seasons or so

Didn't know this. What tier of the season journey is it usually tied to?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Usually I'd say just follow the season journey objectives but since it's not happening at the moment, yeah what everybody else said.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

DrSeRRoD posted:

You can try an LoN build and slap on any and all supporting legendaries that you'd like and run any skills, but you can't use the other set bonuses. It won't be as strong as the necro sets since you're limited to 1300% damage bonus and there's no crazy LoN like SB or Bombard that can surpass sets, but it can be fun. There is no mixing and matching of sets though as you get no bonus damage, so you'd be limited to like T1-4 or so.

Surely a LoN build for necro would do better than this. Otherwise :sad:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

There are plenty of goons to play with in the first few weeks of each season.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Saw on the blizzard forum that they broke some stuff in the patch today like displaying bone armor stacks above 1. Gonna go out on a limb and say that there won't be a real patch update for S11. :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

nerox posted:

If you are having fun doing what you are doing, absolutely do not do this. I wish I could go back to when the world of Diablo 3 was full of wonder and discovery. Getting rushed to gear is going to destroy that.

I agree. It's a fun road that should be enjoyed the first time.

exquisite tea posted:

Then play seasons.

Seasons are only halfway like this since the gift sets you get give a quick and massive boost. Still, it's great fun to start from scratch.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Who wants to poopsock tomorrow? I'll probably play for at least a few hours into the night. Larrymer #1390

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

WD for me. I have the least play time with it even vs. Monk which is amazing to me. It's the first class I played (wanted a D3 Necro back then, still haven't bought the new one, lol) and maybe left a bad taste in my mouth since the vanilla release.

edit:

Katamari Democracy posted:

Hey dude I will add you! (My name is Hopper # 1927)

I got to raid tomorrow but once I am done I should be ok to slam some demons with you. I got a couple buddies I know IRL who are also hopping along.

Sounds good!

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 20, 2017

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I think I'll just shoot for leoric's crown at 0 and any other armors since blood shards will be few and far between.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Leo's Crown is a super common helm drop while leveling when the legendary pool is so low. At least one person in your group is almost guaranteed to get it in a rift.

But if they're smart, they'll throw the biggest ruby in there they can and keep it. Not much worth gambling for that early on, I just want to get through to 70 quickly and burn what few shards I hope to get from the CR to get that lovely crown.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Yep but helltooth should be a decent starter set while you acquire that stuff.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Furism posted:

On a couple of build guides I found they say that for the Witch Doctor you want to keep upgrading your 2H Sword. I understand that since many abilities are a damage % of the main weapon you want to use a 2H, but why do they mention Swords? As far as I can tell any 2 hander would be fine, am I correct?

Not sure any WD builds use 2H weapons at all. The off hands for them all provide a decent damage buff and orange text on them so there's not much reason to use a 2H. If you're looking at leveling guides, yes keep doing that for max damage. But once you hit 70, switch to a 1H and an off hand.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I would rather make a completely new class than try to the HT set dungeon again. I gave up after 2-3 tries with Maras. Inarius on necro was so drat easy. It still took me two tries because I did it too fast the first time and didn't wait for cooldowns to meet one of the reqs. :lol:

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Everyone says that Witch Doctors do pet builds better than Necromancers. Can someone please point me to a good pet build? I recently got WD to 70 and I had waaaaay more fun with the Necro.

IMO, WD is worse with pets because their pets are dumb. With Necro you can command them to attack something vs. recast and pray. I got frustrated with HT and kept seeing necros wreck everything, so I finally bought the necro pack and made one. :v: I've cleared GR75 with necro, best I could do with my WD with HT was around 71. YMMV.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

You get your guy powerleveled to 70 while using the blood shards + crafting mats you've already accumulated to whip up a new set. If you're determined to make a Necro you can just run a few rifts on your current dude with the plentiful Necro players currently in the seasonal channel and scoop up all their trash loot.

Yep, just ask to leech in LLJK and you'll be geared in a couple hours.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

deathbagel posted:

So I finally got around to the challenge rift for the week. I have 2 level 70 monks (my first character and the only other season I've played in I made another one) and it still took me 4 tries to get through it. Whoever built that character doesn't understand how anything in this game works. It was actually painful to do.

Do it as a group next time. I did it with 2 other pubbies randomly and got it first try with about a minute to spare by just smashing buttons as soon as they were off cooldown. :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

AlternateAccount posted:

2> How do I get extra critical from gloves and rings?
3> Don't reroll secondaries, roll for sockets instead.

2. Reroll mods or find ones that already have those stats.
3. This only applies to weapons and jewelry (sockets). You almost never want to reroll secondaries except on a few specific items for set bonuses or other random affixes. You don't need to worry about this at this point.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

AlternateAccount posted:

Cool, cool, cool. Thanks, folks. I feel less clueless. There's way too much to know about this game.

If it makes it any better, I THINK I got that wand from Kadala while mass buying looking for an upgrade. Maybe not, tho.

Next tip, don't bother spending shards on weapons. They're expensive, the pool of them is huge, and you'll rarely get what you want since it only has 1h and 2h but not specific types. Upgrade rare weapon drops that are the correct type (wand, 1h sword, etc) and upgrade them to legendaries using the cube. If you don't know what the cube is or have it yet, look here. http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Kanai%27s_Cube

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

While the expensive part is definitely true, is the pool really as bad as you're making it out to be? Gambling for 2H weapons as a Demon Hunter at least only seems to produce bows and crossbows, which is worse than if it were bows and crossbows separately but not that bad.

I'd still gamble for the 25-shard slots first because being 1/3 the cost is reason enough, but eventually you'll have those slots filled.

DH is an edge case, but you can still waste 75 shards and get a 2h crossbow instead of a bow if you're looking for something specific for your build. A caster class in particular is very bad since you can get swords, axes, etc if you roll a 1h when you're trying to get a wand.

It's still better to just upgrade rares for weapons. An example is for the DH Impale build you need a 1H legendary dagger. DH can only roll 2 different legendary daggers, so upgrading rares you'll get it much quicker than trying to get it through 1H weapons at Kadala. The same is true for amulets (and rings to a lesser extent) since they're also expensive and you can upgrade rares just the same. I only use Kadala for armor and off hands.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 27, 2017

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I might already be done for the season. Got my stash tab (finally have all 12 of which I use maybe half in a season), did a GR 75 and have two characters pretty well geared for 70+. Just not sure what there's left to do since grinding for augments and running really high GRs just doesn't sound fun to me.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

helltooth or arachyr with chicken set, arachyr only if you can get chicken explosion to one shot elites.

I couldn't get chicken explosion to work on T13, but my weapon wasn't ancient. YMMV. I wasn't impressed with chicken above about TX but it's amazing for everything below.

For me, the best WD speed build for T13 is make another character. :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Floppychop posted:

I PM'd this to DrSeRRoD, but I'd appreciate any advice that anyone is willing to give.

My end goal is just finishing Conqueror for the stash tab.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Weeble-11477/hero/92420064

Oh boy, here goes:

-weapon isn't ancient. Reforge it or upgrade rares until you get another one to reforge while you do everything else on this list.
-reroll offhand piranhas dmg to something useful like garg dmg. You want garg damage on everything that can roll it, basically.
-why did you reroll the secondary on your ancient pants when you could have rolled off life regen? :negative:
-Have you rerolled your rings? Roll off the armor or resist all for crit chance/dmg
-Roll cold damage on your bracers (life regen is not a very useful stat in general)
-roll off wall of death damage on your chest. The gargs are what's doing your damage. Take something more useful like garg damage.
-Roll off armor on your gloves for crit
-Roll off WoD on your shoulders for garg damage
-reforge your helm for int/vit/crit/socket and hope for higher pet dmg%
-If you haven't rolled that amulet, roll off int for cold dmg or area damage

You have potential to be doing a LOT more damage with those rerolls.

Really, just this page tells you what to roll for with that build if I'm not being specific enough.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/helltooth-gargantuan-witch-doctor-bis-gear-gems-paragon-points

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

High Lord Elbow posted:

The Van Helsing game is fun for a play through. Definitely get it when on sale. Doesn't have the replayability of Diablo though.

I've tried PoE, Grim Dawn, Titan Quest, Torchlight 1 and 2 and nothing quite scratched the Diablo itch like Diablo for me.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Avarice is pretty simple. Just find a bit open outdoor rift and have boon maxed with avarice. I think I did it on TX and slowly just did sweeps around the map. GR75 is pretty doable with most classes (or just PL a necro or wiz and have it in about 6 hours :v:) and the boss one isn't too bad if there's some coordination. 4 peeps, everybody has assigned bosses and the last one there is the one you do first with everybody else porting to town. I did it with some goons over discord a few seasons back and I was pretty slow but we still got it first try.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I ran into a dude complaining of no primals yet at ~P600. He didn't know you had to unlock it by doing GR70, :lol:. Maybe put it in the OP?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Star Man posted:

Remember when Tasker and Theo and Ice Climbers had sockets and Manticore could have two sockets as their legendary mods?

I miss that.

I honestly don't remember much of the game before RoS. I only played one class to nightmare, got one legendary item (lovely rolled goldwrap I think? tried to immediately sell it on the auction house :v:) and hit the difficulty wall very early and stopped played.

It kind of saddens me, I want to appreciate how much better the game is now.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Guys I am digging through leaderboards and every Necromancer is TragLance. Where can I find a good Inarius Bonestorm speedbuild? I'm reading all this stuff about 3 Minute GR70 bonestorm clears where you just let your gems kill everything and I'm hitting a ceiling pretty quick with pets.

Also, does the "Blood" rune for Revive work and make the revived dudes do 3300% more damage or do revived guys have a fixed amount of damage based on what they were? re they 'Pets"? do Tasker & Theo effect them?

It was literally posted about 10 posts up.

DeadlyHalibut posted:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/93538-inarius-lazystorm-txiii-gr60-70-speedfarm

This inarius build is really chill to play and at least for me carries t13 4player rifts and clears gr70 solo in 4 min. Pretty much my go-to mindless farm build.

You need to gear for lots of crit chance and level up pain enhancer to start doing proper damage though.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Deofuta posted:

This might not need to be said, but keep in mind Avarice is one of those rings that only drops from Act 3 bounty caches. Running bounties for materials to reforge things has led to me getting somewhere between 5 or 6 of them and the rings of royal grandeur.

Also wanted to post this, my second primal drop ever has me PUMPED.

That's awesome, never seen one that didn't roll complete poo poo stats.

kingturnip posted:

I'm also probably 30k shards deep into gambling for Ancient Parthian Defenders. I got a pair at level 40 or so and cubed them, so it's not a dead loss, just annoying.

Run bounties until your eyes bleed to get reforge mats for the bracers and db's to upgrade rares for the weapon.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Do items have different rarities each season? I see a lot of "boy, ____ sure is rare this time!" and I can't tell if it's because they literally nuked the drop rate for Stone of Jordan in season 11 or if it's just people doing the ol RNG QQ

Try playing another class that needs a class specific ring and gamble for them. You'll get 100 SOJs before you get the one you really want. :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Guilty posted:

I hope we don't start a trend of posting pure garbage constantly.

Not everybody has perfectly rolled everything. I have exactly one decent compass rose, the rest are garbage. TPs are all mostly garbage but you have to run something for the set bonus, so :shrug:

Maybe try not to be so pretentious about loving video game items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Let's just make Diablo 3 pro thread so you can post in there by yourself.

Dude was excited he got an item, who cares.