Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Hoooly poo poo, got my first useful Primal. Mara's Kaleidoscope with natural crit and socket rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

MMAgCh posted:

Gem type itself only matters to the extent that a few cannot be levelled beyond a certain point, with Boon of the Hoarder being the most obvious example. (And possibly the only one as I can't think of any others right now. :v:)

Boon: 50
Esoteric: 100
Gogok: 150
Iceblink: 50
Mutilation Guard: 100

For the vast majority of us only the caps at 50 will be relevant this season, of course.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I'm curious what sort of gear DeadlyHalibut has. I blend T13 easily enough with that build in a mix of ancients and normals, for sure. But a GR 70, while doable, is by no means a quick four-minute affair. The RG in particular is a good old fashioned kite and slog until they hit 15% HP and instantly die.

I do agree that it is a good and chill build overall.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Well, I learned something from this thread. Before now I never knew that the written word "voila" and the "wa la" vocal exclamation were the same concept. It makes sense, in a French way. I just never thought about it.

Thanks, Goons. :unsmith:

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

MMAgCh posted:

I still feel it's really strange and arguably poor item design. I can't think of another legendary that is such a complete must-have for an entire class regardless of build other than Krysbin's.

Dawn is close for DH. It's basically a big band-aid that reads "We can't get you balanced, so here have perma-Vengeance."

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Which builds require the least amount of button mashing? I've been running shadow DH and it's fun, but I want to mix it up a little. LoN WD looks fun but gently caress trying to get all that ancient gear.

Wastes Barbarian can be played by basically holding down whirlwind and keeping your buffs up when they are about to drop.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Pants and chest don't always roll sockets at all. Maybe they do for set items, I don't know. But it sure isn't true for other legendaries.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I did it, goons! For possibly the first time ever not counting the very first day of a season, I'm on a leaderboard. #647 on the Seasonal Barbarian board for clearing a GR 76 in ten and a half minutes. :unsmith:

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Suspicious posted:

#DH4life

I even get to spin2win again as a DH this season!

Dammit don't tempt me.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Unlocked Primal Ancients last night, got two of them within a few hours after that.

Relic of Akarat and Krelm's Buff Belt, joy.

Edit: I know this is a very first world Diablo problem at this point in the season, and I'm not actually upset or anything. But having the first one be one of the useless Templar relics was just so silly.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Nov 11, 2017

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I mean, I have zero clue how D3's engine rolls for loot and I admit that. But I can totally see a situation where making some items more common requires making others rarer. If your entire loot roll range is X to Z, and you can't expand it to X to (Z+2) then you're going to have to reduce the some of the broader subset ranges in order to increase other narrower ones.

My loot luck has been pretty okay so far, but I've only gotten a few Gifts. Three or four maybe. Much less than in the same period last season where I had ten or so.

Edit: I had no idea actual chances had been datamined, that's interesting.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 13, 2017

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

D. Ebdrup posted:

Wow, this thread feels exactly like back in the family & friends alpha.

Okay, I'll bite. How's that? Are you saying loot tables were decent at the start and they're just now un-loving them?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

In the vast majority of cases, you can just use CoE in a way that you don't even think about the proc. It's just a sometimes damage boost and you pretend it's not obnoxious to even have the thing. Failing that, I suppose you could go for a well rolled Stone of Jordan or something. There aren't a lot of generic damage increasing rings that match up. Sadly.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

My new friend for both spinning and winning:

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Unity doesn't bother me. It's a minor annoyance that it takes two rings and one (easily cubed) follower token to make it useful at all, but that's no big deal. CoE is a much more annoying thing, I hate that it continues to exist at that power level. I'm at the point where if I can find a decent one and my CoE isn't in the cube, I sometimes just swap in a Stone of Jordan instead for my own decreased annoyance.

I realize I don't have to time CoE, I fully understand one can just have it as a sometimes-passive and I usually do. It just bugs me anyways.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Xaris posted:

Also play with less lovely people. the worst is the one guy that just super speeds to kill only elites and doesn't even pickup stuff and leaves big packs alone. I'll at least speed and make sure to kill pretty much everything sans the couple of tough dudes not worth beating down so there's a path and it really does add up for the meter.

This is the sort I hate, yeah. I've grown used to rifting quickly, but this part still bugs me when it happens. I don't expect to blow up every monster, but let's blow up some big groups at least! That's half the fun.

Sort of on the same topic, is there a good necro build for speed in T13? Other classes I do okay, but even doing things like the Corpse Speed passive and Krelm's belt, I feel like I can never keep up on a necro.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

euphronius posted:

I'm using my solid Hota barb to build that monk right now. Excited to try it out. Don't know how to get the set amulet tho.

If you are gambling for the other set pieces, you can use the convert set item recipe in the cube to swap for a chance at the amulet.

McCoy Pauley posted:

How does it compare to the Shadow-Impale DH build? I feel like that build can hit trillion crits with not super refined gear, and it has incredible toughness. I start monk this season to try to the new Uliana's, got discouraged in the quest for a Fist of Az and Flow of Eternity, and then mothballed my monk in favor of a DH. Maybe I should go back and try to gear up this SWK build.

In my opinion, Shadow DH is still going to be the premiere single-target murderer, and I would suspect will hit something like a Rift Guardian harder than a Sunwuko monk. The monk hits for a bit less, but it hits 2/3 of the screen each cast.

I love the poo poo out of Uliana, but my U6 build with a bunch of ancients and augments took twice as long to clear a GR 75 as the same monk with a Sunwuko build that had literally one ancient item.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Whichever SWK piece you feel like gambling for 25, but yeah.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

e: n/m

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 28, 2017

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I really loving enjoy Whirlwind barbarian with Wastes. It's simple but so drat addictingly fun. Even more so now that your defense doesn't instantly crater if you use another ability.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I agree, thought the one limiter I'll mention is that to leech public TX games you have to have cleared a TX-equivalent Greater Rift. So you have to have some killing power already to even get there. Other than that you are absolutely not wrong, pub games are a fine way to gear up.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Even if you do get a leech and don't catch them to kick? Assuming everyone has a reasonable level of kill power and paying attention besides that person I will take the 3-way split over solo bounties any day.

If nothing else, it means I usually can skip Act 3 myself.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

E: I'm mad at a video game, disregard.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 4, 2017

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Beach Bum posted:

Converting 9 royals is more efficient but not everyone got three dozen puzzle rings to start the season off.

And the only things it's more efficient at are gold and time costs. The time costs are marginal, and if you don't have far more gold than gem conversions cost? Then you don't use Boon of the Hoarder enough.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

You can make jess rath that is actually survivable in T13/GRs up to 80/90 or so. The other rathma setups do 5 trillion damage but get killed by a single stray mortar shot or spine.

Please give me advice on how one does this.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Whoops, I wasn't clear enough. Sorry. I totally know how you do glass cannon Singularity mages. It's powerful but I hate how fragile it is. I was referring to this part:

You can make jess rath that is actually survivable in T13/GRs up to 80/90 or so.

Thank you, though.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

for t13 you can just do the gold wrap/avarice ring/boon of the horder and get 650 mill toughness like that. For GRs I'll check my setup, but Iirc you use bone armor and the increased armor rune for the necro's teleport skill. Other thing with making rathma tankier is you have to actually have at least 8 mages up because they will run into every projectile. If you want more toughness add an esoteric gem. If you need even more toughness add unity. Sing mage damage is so ridiculous that you can get away with a ton of toughness choices and still do plenty of damage to run through pretty high GRs.

As a general thing, I'd always suggest going for a vitality roll on either/both hands and head because it's just so much extra vit and just use diamonds in armor... which as a bonus frees up main stat gems for augmenting

E: I'd suggest always running avarice+horder any time you're doing bounties or rifts and aren't low on DBs. The gold you gain from the combo is enough that you never have to run an un-empowered GR, which speeds gem levelling up a ton.

It's sort of weird, I'm a big proponent of Hoarder in general and doing just what you describe to empower every greater rift. But in all my frustrations about Rathma squishiness, I never actually stopped to consider using Goldwrap. Other than that, thank you for the thoughts. I really like the general Rathma playstyle but gently caress being pure glass.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

totalnewbie posted:

Goldwrap is great. I use this build, more or less, and you are SO FAST. It's ridiculous. https://www.diablofans.com/builds/95520-day-1-t13-necro-starter-guide-season-12

I have a variation on that build too, though I haven't messed with it too much yet. It is nice and speedy for sure.

Goldwrap makes you invincible in t13, it's gonna be a lot better. The Blood Rush rune that grants armor also grants a fuckton of armor

You're proving to be very correct on both of these, though I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't think of Goldwrap myself. I've used it for other characters in past seasons, and I just didn't apply that knowledge here. Additionally, what rune do you prefer for Bone Armor? Just curious on that one, I go back and forth between the life regen one and the speed one and sometimes the stun one.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Bust Rodd posted:

Goldwrap and Boon are easy to forget about if you drill GRs since that combo rightfully won’t help you there and also because Dayntee’s binding is the only Necro belt so that slot gets glossed over in build videos

Yeah, I think this was a large part of it for me. It didn't apply to GRs, so I didn't think about it elsewhere.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Going to admit I fell for this one.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

hampig posted:

I decided to go with a monk this season, and if I want to ignore mythic rhythm snapshotting with a U6 build because it sounds loving tedious, can I still cruise up to GR80 or 90?

80, yeah. I'm not sure how reasonably U6 will get to 90. I'm sure it's doable, but I haven't bothered trying on my monk. Uliana is unfortunately way, way outclassed by Sunwuko. A lot less effort for a lot more damage.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Charles Bukowski posted:

I'm gonna go through the campaign and learn this wonderful new story!

I...

uh...

:ohdear:

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Star Man posted:

Leave them alone and let them get through it their one and only time at their own pace.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Oh, do people not do the campaign? I saw there was some Adventure Mode but I don't know what that is. I don't see anyone else playing the campaign, I don't join anyone's game and no one joins mine. Feels bad.

No, you should absolutely do the campaign. It's worth doing at least once, though yes it has fallen out of favor at this point. I was not trying to imply "skp everything and start grinding rifts" by any means. I was just joking about the quality of the campaign's plot, nothing more.

Adventure is the go-to mode for most stuff these days, but I do think that playing the campaign once to learn the basics of the game is fine and good.

Also, go into options and turn on Elective Mode. This is the way the game should actually be played, and it means you aren't limited to one skill from each category.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I have more paragon levels this season than I have accumulated in every season and non-season before.

I realize that I gain them faster with stronger items, sure. But I also am playing a ton, this is just a great season. One of the best, if not the best so far that I've played.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

There's a somewhat vocal contingent of HotS players who want Imperius. Another group who want Baal and/or Mephisto.

Me, give me Lyndon or Kormac any day.

Edit: Or sex-swapped D3 PCs. Give me lady-monk any drat day.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 11, 2018

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Thorg posted:

I *hate* Skeletal Mages. I never feel like I can get enough of them up. They always go away before I can get all 10 up and it's just an incredibly repetitive and stressful way to play. It feels like the gameplay equivalent of having to manually use windshield wipers. I don't know why they couldn't have had a single rune make the skeletal mages last forever. They'd still be weaker than the singularity rune for people that want to min/max.

Pestilence looks cool, but the cooldown focused gameplay is one of the worst parts of D3. The only build I like (bonestorm) plays more like a Hurricane Druid in D2, and is too weak to push with.

The big problem here is to me the fact that Singularity Mages are just so head and shoulders above every other rune that it isn't funny. Having to dump your essence pool into every cast is no fun, and running Archers or Blood Mages or whatever just is not comparably efficient in any way.

I'd be happy with them lasting indefinitely longer as well, but failing that I'd love to see a nerf to singularity that is spread into the base damage of all mage runes.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Yeah, IV isn't always perfect when it gets to top-level min/maxing, but for both WoW and D3 they can give you very good starting ideas at least. For HotS it's a little more hit or miss how close they are to the "meta" but they usually aren't too terrible in at least explaining why a talent might be good or bad.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I'm mostly curious just to be curious, but does anyone know how stacking procs on gear interact with each other? My barbarian has 2% chance to freeze on a weapon and 4% on her belt, so I'm wondering if that's one 6% roll or a 2% roll and a 4% roll separately.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I am the worst person in the world at the Unhallowed Essence set dungeon. I've been working on it on and off again since set dungeons were new, and I just cannot get those six hits of 20 per multishot no matter what I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Yeah, I love and hate how powerful bells are. As much as it was a change I agreed with on a player fun level, I sometimes wonder if removing the aspect where casting a buffed attack spent a stack of Sweeping Wind wasn't a mistake from a balance perspective.