Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Got back into this game after a goon friend got me the Reaper of Souls expansion when they saw me trying to play lvl 60 legacy character poo poo like an idiot.
Rebirthed some characters and just deleted some others to reroll them for this season. Feels like I'm playing a top-down clicker version of DOOM 2016 now with these set bonuses just ripping and tearing through Rifts. :black101:

My strongest character so far is a Thorns Crusader, ended up gearing him with stuff someone I was powerleveling said was a hybrid of a legacy 'eternal horseman' build and thorns. Was using the set 2H flail and shield with a mix of Light and Invoker. The Light set helm and shoulders are amazing, they make the crusader into a Black Templar or Legion of the Damned :vomarine:.
Focused it down to the current favored Thorns setupI found on Diablofans site but I have the previous setup saved in the armory. Nothing like riding a horse through hell while dragging demons to death in circles around their pals. :black101: :horse:

Though I do kinda feel stuck in between Torment 12 and 13. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but 12 and a few notches above is cake and a half but 13 is a brick wall. :gibs:

And that gif for Demeon Hunter in the op :popeye: , first set bonus I got was to Impale. I paired that with ALL THE PETS, 3 wolves and sentry guns that when they shoot beesarrows at you they also shoot knives at you. :ese:

I like this game now WAAAAAAY more than I ever did before.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm not worried I'm just interested in the eventuality whether it's near future or 2119 and dweebazoid academics are the only people who want to access it.

There is still a community playing Diablo 2, there's even a overhaul mod that looks really cool. Saw someone streaming it and decided to try it out...

- but when I dug out my Diablo 3 collectors edition soulstone usb thing with D2 on it I had, in the years between buying it and now, misplaced the D2 and Lord of Destruction keys :suicide:

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

myron cope posted:

Is the key listed here for you? https://account.blizzard.com/games It is for mine

e: both keys are, I mean

Nope!
At least I still have the soundtrack, artbook and other useless crap.

e;
Addendum: My thorns crusader can do everything in Torment 13, bounties, rifts and the greater rifts. It's the hike up beyond that that's killing me.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 22, 2019

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Moist von Lipwig posted:

That does remind me that there aren't mimics in this game. It'd be fun to open a chest only to have it turn into an elite.

Greed's Strongbox will be chomping on more than just Greed.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I'm sure this is probably old hat but I'm just smitten.

Damned Thorns Crusader.

Custodian Sweep and Steed.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Turambar posted:

If you really want to hate the RNG, come visit the Rainbow Goblin hunting community.

Someday...

I'm not even hunting them and I've found two recently. :nyan:
And I keep getting into Nephalem Rift zones populated with ponys, teddy bears and flowers... I feel like this is related but no way of knowing for sure.

The RNG I am hating right now is for the staff of herding materials, the gibbering gemstone specifically. Back when I was first playing D3 I managed to farm up each difficulty level of the bell, shin bone, mushroom and liquid rainbow but the gemstone NEVER dropped.
So far on my seasonal characters I've got the bell and the staff plans but the other materials are refusing to show up! :sludgepal:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hauki posted:

Oh if we’re sharing characters, this is a pretty typical example of all of mine:

I feel like this season's wings were made just for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsyrOGRxF0E

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Again, just like before, I had all the materials but the gemstone and Chilltara gives me nothing.

One spawn she dropped a marquise gem tho and really whip lashed my emotions.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Going for the Years of War conquest acheevment and I am not getting credit for Roland's Legacy when I've just ran T13 grift twice now with the full set on.

Does it only count one set per class or something?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Dameius posted:

No but the reporting is bugged on some sets, but iirc the actual count still works, or maybe that was bugged too.

Well, nuts.

Roland's tranmog'd-

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Suburban Dad posted:

When somebody pointed out that kadala isn't wearing a hood and that's just her hair this really sunk in.

Oh. My. God.

UPDATE: Third time was the charm with Roland's. Hope it doesn't keep bugging out with other attempts.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
RNG? Just got the Gibbering Gemstone!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

myron cope posted:

Is it just me or are the little shits that explode in poison clouds after death like 6x more deadly than anything in this game? If I die it's almost always from those stupid things

Those, when I'm not paying attention and end up killing an entire pack of them and sometimes can't move away at all!

Also the big belly-bursters that explode into worms.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I'm trying to get a 5th piece of the Sand Waste set, the head or the feet. But the only things that keep dropping off Rifts, Grifts and Kadala is mother loving RAEKOR.

gently caress you Raekor.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Kheldarn posted:

I'm an idiot. I've been using the Reroll, not the Convert. :shepicide:

How many rolls did you transmute in total? I really need to know.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Kheldarn posted:

Yes. I learned that I'm incapable of reading.

To be fair, those cube instructions are garbage.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Hey, my first primal.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Just started pushing 80+ g rifts with my Witch Doctor in Zunimassa's.

The guide I found for Zunimassa's set said to use Firebats and Piranhanado but I paired Piranhanado with Plague of Locusts. Thanks to a belt that decreases movement speed of enemies by 80% when they got locusts on them, makes it really easy to crowd control.

And by crowd control I mean run around in circles spamming locusts, spirit walk, pirahnado and soul harvest.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 27, 2019

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Oh Boy!

And they say Kadala never does anyone any favors.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

weird Asian candy posted:

They really should make that 'you've got new mail' notification much more obnoxious and obvious because apparently people like me who have zero awareness of the UI fail to even notice it's there. Clearly it's blizzard's fault and not mine :colbert:

Ok, so I have 4/6 set pieces now. Will swap to the icy veins build, see if I can craft better weapons and give it another go for the chapter 4 achievements. Thank you guys!

Moist von Lipwig posted:

I know gently caress all about monk builds but you're not wearing any set pieces? Also that paragon level seems low. You can hit me up if you want a powerlevel @ mvl#11566

I can help you out too. MariusLecter #1125

e;
I'm not a monk expert either but I've been trying to make a LoN build around Death's Bargain death aura from the cube. It's pretty good for power leveling people from 1-70 in Torment IV!

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 28, 2019

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Also, re-reading the OP to make sure I didn't miss any community or discord info...

Haedrigs gift game my barbarian a set of Immortal King, not Sand Wastes... had to grind and gamble for my Whirl Wind set. What hell?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

mewse posted:

Someone read the OP? :stare:

Reading makes fools of us all.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

kaaj posted:

Are there any secret tips for levelling your first char each season, to make the process faster?

Like, I started S16 Wizard right now (playing on Switch, but I don't believe it matters?) and I'm slowly grinding bounties in adventure mode, on the Hard difficulty. After two evenings, I'm lv 44 or so and wondering if I can anything better to be more efficient there?

Or is this a "google it" type of question?

Shift+O and search for Seasonal PowerLeveling and Rift Running groups.

You can also add me to your contacts, MariusLecter #1125.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Not mine, someone raging in general chat linked-

e;

oh boy!

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Mar 1, 2019

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Speaking of Monk builds here's what I've been able to cobble together without looking up any builds and using Legacy of Nightmares rings.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/MariusLecter-1125/hero/102133135

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
17 goblins total, none escaped :blastu:

:stare:

e; I'd already been wearing this, meant to post it sooner.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 2, 2019

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
And unloading my shards on Kadala after that neph rift ...

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

bamhand posted:

Hate to crash your party but those rolls are pretty weak, low attack speed and damage, and crit would be better than 10% Impale probably.

The fact I finally got one and am throwing 3 impales it what's important right now.

I'll probably try and reforge it if I can chain a few Bounty speed runs.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Well then...

e;
Now if I could just get a Bulkathos Warrior Blood to drop to go with my stack of 100 Bulkathos solemn vows. :argh:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Kheldarn posted:

I hate when the game's RNG decides to railroad you. I'm trying to make a Jade Doc, and it's given me nothing but Helltooth. Two sets of it! :argh:

We should do rifts together, like 3 pieces of Jade Harvester dropped for another goon I was helping through rifts with my Witch Doctor.

I've been scrapping all other set pieces cause I'm pretty happy with Zunimassa.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Rinkles posted:

Isn't rerolling any armor piece really inefficient?

Eats up A LOT of resources yea. Better off scrapping whatever it is and running more rifts.

AND GAME, PLEASE I CAN"T HOLD ON TO ALL THESE BULKATHOS SOLEMN VOW!

why no Bulkathos Warrior Blood for marius :negative:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Finally.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ofecks posted:

GR70 complete and my prize is...

:negative:

Primal Vault.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Kyrosiris posted:

Didn't registering your Diablo 3 key from the CE unlock D2/LoD in your b.net account?

Apparently not.

Rinkles posted:

why the middle finger?

It's a paperweight.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

XeeD posted:

Goddamn it. I've got about 11 goblins of varying flavours showing up on my map and not enough DPS to kill them all. This is the first time I've seen a rift like this and also the first time this game has stressed me out. And the fact that they're all laughing at me isn't helping any.

Someone should really set up a goon community, this kind of thing is a tragedy. Nothing worse than goblins escaping the deaths they deserve.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Got into a group doing chain vault runs, 3 gilded gobbos in one of the vaults. :homebrew:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Star Man posted:

Did you feel this way when they made StarCraft free too?

It'd be great if they made Diablo 2 and LoD free. I'm mad I paid for them and can't play them.

Have people been misunderstanding my situation this whole time?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Beef Hardcheese posted:

What's the etiquette when playing in public games? I saw a mention earlier in the thread about letting people know when you come across a Bandit Shrine, stuff, like that.

Bandit shrines, goblin packs, gelatinous sires, rainbow goblins, menageries and blood thieves. Treasure goblins and gilded barons don't seem to be worth most people's time to drop whatever else they are doing. But it's still good to inform others.

e;beaten

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 8, 2019

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

:devil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Kheldarn posted:

Nobody with a stick wants to actually stick their stick in and see.

Someone mail me one. I'll stick it in there and see if the stick has a key.

Just has installers and cabinet files.