Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bought the game for my Switch (fourth time now following PC, PS3, and PS4) and started playing just in time for the new season and drat it's pretty fun. Getting to 70 was sort of a slog and I didn't have access to the Challenge Rift so no boosted start but I still managed to hit Paragon around 300 after some 14 to 15 hours of playing as a Immortal King + Bul Kathos Barb. I'm glad these sets are just getting buffed insane amounts every season, and that we can get free sets.

Also the season's RoRG buff is neat, do seasons usually give you some sorta unique buff like that, or is this a one-time thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gotta admit I'm gonna miss this season when it ends, not having to Cube a RoRG is really neat. It's like having a free power slot.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What characters have a lot of mobility and/or movement speed?

I'm digging how fast my Immortal King + Bul Kathos Barb goes flying around the place as he Whirlwinds without end, and I'd like another speedy character once I hit GR70 on him.

Was thinking Exploding Chicken Voodoo but I already did that on PS4.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Thanks for all the suggestions, I guess I'll go with a Demon Hunter first cause the sets look really fun, and then I'll try out the other stuff before the Season is over.

Gotta make the most out of the free RoRG passive while I can!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

So I made a Barbarian for this season hoping to do a LoN / Frenzy type build. I did the seasonal quest just so I could have the IK set to farm the stuff I wanted to farm in higher Torment levels.

Now I have the full set and am doing ludicrous amounts of damage while maintaining WoB at near 100% uptime as my ancients bulldoze everything instantly. Why would I do anything but this?

I chose Barb cause I read about the Hammer of the Ancients Immortal King Barb but I went with Whirlwind instead because all I have to do is press Triangle every once in a while to get WoB (which comes off cooldown before it's over) and keep a finger holding down the R button on my controller.

It's faster than walking to boot thanks to the Bul-Kathos set.

On the other hand, I start dying at around GR65, and died like 5 times to the GR70 Rift Boss and haven't proceeded beyond that because of this.

Sorta thinking about trying out the Leaping Earthquake Barb, that seems fun. But I run into the same problem I did while playing Diablo 3 on PS4 where I feel like I'd lose out on damage by changing builds, and that keeps me from experimenting with more than 1 build per character.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Switched my Sentry Multishot Demon Hunter into an Impale Demon Hunter and it's incredibly fun.

Despite having the constitution of wet paper, it feels more stable the higher GRs I go into, because enemies survive long enough to allow me to get Hatred back from them with Impale, and since I'm not in the thick of things like my Barb I don't really take many hits at all. My Barb died multiple times clearing GR70, while my Demon Hunter has so far managed 80 without a single death.

It's so fun spamming Impale and Vault, weaving in and out of enemies and all that jazz.

If I could just get Dawn to drop so I could Cube it, I might be able to tackle 90 or whatever.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like that devs just seem to loving throw on damage on top of the sets every few seasons so everyone gets stronger.

It's wonderful and freeing for me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I made a Necromancer to play around with summons and then I realized that Witch Doctors might be better for that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My free Primal was a Gladiator Gauntlet and the only Primal I've gotten to drop so far is a Nagel Ring.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I use the Templar on my Impale DH cause I'm terrible at Hatred management cause I end up tossing my daggers in weird directions on account of not being able to aim well with a controller.

I got no idea how the build expects me to rock Aquianus's or whatever that Chest Unique is called cause I'm almost never above 90% Hatred. I even have one of my passives set to the mini Reaper's Wraps passive cause there's no way I'm keeping myself chock full of loathing without it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

tetsuo posted:

I think the trick is to do rifts high enough that you're not 1 shotting everything so the "hitting an already impaled enemy restores 15 Hatred" passive kicks in.

exquisite tea posted:

Aquila only comes into play in upper GR where mobs will survive for more than one impale to refund Hatred. On lower GR you want to rune Seethe as your main form of resource regeneration.

I'm currently running GR80s solo, I've beaten up to 90 but it's so much easier to die at those levels, so 80 is just a nice spot for me.

Are you supposed to be Impaling up close? I tend to Vault around and Impale from a distance for the most part, which probably contributes to a lot of missed daggers.

I'm also running Unity, the Elusive Ring, and the Traveler's Set, which means I don't use Convention of Elements.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Thanks for all the advice, I switched out my gear and tackled GR90 and managed to beat it without dying even without my Unity.

Also experienced far less resource drought.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hey, I know someone who said the exact same thing to me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Somehow I can get a random Primal Unique while gambling for a Zun Hat but I can't pull a Zun Ring or any of the WD Summon Rings to save my life. Had to get them by converting Sets and upgrading Rares.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I finally get my Zun set and make my Gargantuan WD only to find that I'm apparently dying to a single hit from virtually everything in Torment XIII.

I should probably run this thing at lower difficulties.

Also I should just make a Monk instead.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dameius posted:

Well sure, monks are basically the best, can't ever go wrong with them.

The first character I ever made was a Monk. Always a Monk. PC, PS3, PS4. Monks all the way.

bamhand posted:

Do you have your bracer and dagger? The bracer is mandatory and should be first on your gambling list.

Ironically the one item I have yet to get.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Snacksmaniac posted:

Do you have this build? I’ve been playing hell chicken garg and it’s not quite where I need it to be.

I just based it off this build.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/witch-doctor-zunimassa-gargantuan-build-patch-2-6-4-season-16

Went with the speedfarming approach though, and I don't have the bracers.

Probably why I'm dying so easily.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh God In-geom + Charging Strike is so good.

I really want to make a Lashing Tail Monk since I got a Primal Rivera Dancers but I ain't sure which set. Sunwuko probably, I guess.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I switch from Inna + Shenlong + Rainment to Shenlong + Rainment and suddenly do way less damage and have the consistency of wet paper.

This is tragic.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When was the last time they added items to the game?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rinkles posted:

am i the only one that more enjoys scraping together a build from what i find in the mid game, than perfecting a set later on?

when the rng is gracious with legendaries, the early game isn't that bad. it's abysmal if besides rares all you find are stat only legendaries. I had both experiences this season.

I had the most fun when I started out with my Barb and when I was building my Impale Demon Hunter, and then I got sorta bored when trying to build up my Witch Doctor and Necromancer cause 1) gathering Blood Shards with my DH to roll on my WD and Necro only to not get the items I needed was annoying and 2) neither of them were able to cut it at T13.

The answer is to probably play on lower Torments and get the gear using the character you want it for, which is what I did with my Monk until I managed to get a full Inna's set, since I had a lot more fun with my Monk. And if my Sunwuko Lashing Tail Kick build kicks (heh) off then it'll be even more fun.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh, are the Realm of Fate and all that Adventure-only?

I don't remember them existing when I played the PS4 version like 2 years back.

Like, one Bounty seemed to have its own story and cutscenes and poo poo with that cultist turning into a demon lord or whatever and I was wondering if it was a campaign thing that got added with a new season.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dang, I was hoping for Season 17 to come along so I could go all in on making a Bombardment Crusader.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wish the Switch version had those neat shoulders that you got on every character you made in the PS3/4 versions cause those were really cool on the Monk if you got rid of his shirt.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Was going to wait till S17 to make my LoN Bombardment Crusader but since that got pushed I decided to give it a go and it's pretty fun. I didn't bother using my DH to farm up Blood Shards / Horadric Caches for her so I had to do everything with her alone (except the Hellfire stuff, a level 70 Legendary with the Gem of Ease, a Primal Gladiator Gauntlet, and the LoN rings themselves), and it was fun watching my skills and gear evolve as I kept getting new Ancients to replace non-Ancient gear. Finally picked up the two weapons I needed (double Steed time and double Bombardment strikes) so now it's just a matter of finding better Ancient gear.

Really wish there were more Shoulder Legendaries to choose from, the selection is loving dismal.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MariusLecter posted:

Speaking of Monk builds here's what I've been able to cobble together without looking up any builds and using Legacy of Nightmares rings.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/MariusLecter-1125/hero/102133135

Oh, sweet, I've been thinking of making a LoN Lashing Tail build cause I have Primal Rivera Dancers.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When was the last time new Legendaries were even added to this game? Necromancer update in 2017?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

squirrelzipper posted:

Is impale on maraudars ever useful - like can you do shadow 6 M 4? Guess I can go look...

Don't Shadow and Marauder overlap on all 6 pieces?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
3 loving Primal drops in the span of like 5 or 6 GR60 runs and none of them are usable.

Well, the Primal Promise of Glory was, but only cause it replaced my non-Ancient Nemesis Bracers.

The Shard of Hate and Rondal's Locket, however, will see no use.

Meanwhile I can't seem to reroll my Bombardment Belt into an Ancient one.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rinkles posted:

Isn't rerolling any armor piece really inefficient?

Probably is, but I'm tired of Blood Sharding and just really impatient for more useful Ancient gear.

I'm wearing Ancient Hammer Jammers because I just really needed Ancient Pants, but I can't make that compromise with my belt, since Trove is vital to the LoN Bombardment build.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bust Rodd posted:

2 things:

1. Take it from someone who built LONBomb 5 seasons in a row, it’s so much faster to gamble another ancient belt then it is to reroll and your gonna be kicking yourself for burning bounty mats on something so cheap from Kadala

2. A non-ancient 6 second belt is better than an ancient 7-8 second belt for DPS.

1. I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Farming bounties is annoying enough as it is.

2. Which is why I've been re-rolling a spare belt!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress YES SEASON OF LON.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MariusLecter posted:

Got a youtube recommend for a video titled Diablo 3 How To Farm Primal Ancients! 2.6.4

To sum up: Run the highest GR you can, as fast as you can and as many times as you can.
:popeye:

Holy poo poo I've been enlightened.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bloodshards got me 2 Unique Boots, 1 Unique Pants, and 1 Unique Bracers as a monk. Yay.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is a terrible Primal for my LoN LTK Monk.

Or for any build at all, I'd think.

And it's not even the right mainstat....

Do 2-handed Ancient Weapons count as 2 Ancients for the purpose of LoN builds?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rinkles posted:

Anything use a Magefist with CDR, before I reroll for crit damage?

It would be amazing with the supremely and devastatingly powerful Lashing Tail Kick LoN Monk build.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My Primal Rivera Dancers from S16 returned to me as yet anothe random GR drop in S17, cementing my belief that God really does intend for me to play LoN Lashing Tail Kick Monk.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I need to level a Witch Doctor to 70 so I can get Swampland whatevers for my Monk, yeah?

Do I just gamble for Swamp pants till I get an Ancient with Fire Damage% and then give them to my Monk so he can reroll the Intelligence as Dexterity?

Why are there so few Legendary Pants.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

mewse posted:

You could DB upgrade level 70 pants on a level 1 wd... :/

Oh I guess that's an option too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Yes

Also even any ancient with int and rolled +fire damage is good. The dex loss can kinda be compensated with augments and paragon.

I got super lucky and the second swamp rear end pants I pulled were ancient +19% fire.

I never get far enough to do Augments.

And I probably never will, to be honest.