Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I'm not sure if the passive that summons the 7 or so skeletons is constantly re-summoning them, or just slowly and steadily draining my essence.
Every time I look at it, it's just slightly less than full.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I was under the impression that the latest fix was going to hit corpse lance, which is why I decided on running the rathma/jesseth build.
Singularity mages are fun for just dunking on a rift guardian as soon as he spawns.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Wow set dungeons are loving garbage.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This week's challenge makes [an easy thing] feel like [a slightly more difficult thing]? You're saying this week's is super easy?

Just go and take a look at the gear.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

So what's the hot tip for completing this lovely challenge rift?
I see maybe 3 elite mobs total.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I'd like to know why this monk doesn't have a belt equipped.
Also why the follower has no rings or class items.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

They are right ?

Chosen by an intern so far as I've been led to believe

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Hammer crusader with no hammers.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm sorry but I prefer to get my Demon Hunter info from someone in the top 10....

So like nobody you know?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Nuebot posted:

gently caress you diablo.

Elite pack right at the loving door as you enter, or right as you tried to escape?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

rngqq. I'm swimming in SoJ's. My fiance got a primal one a few nights ago. :v:

How're those primal Homing Pads treating you?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

When does this season end, or do we not know yet?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Do elites count as 'bosses' for the purposes of the Stricken lvl25 bonus?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

kingturnip posted:

Another week, another really squishy character in the Challenge Rift. Roll some Toughness, ffs.

At least this rift takes 0 effort.
Vault everywhere, spam vengeance and multishot.
Wonder why dude is using an arcstone with no follower and a hellcat with no grenades

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

I still feel it's really strange and arguably poor item design. I can't think of another legendary that is such a complete must-have for an entire class regardless of build other than Krysbin's.

Isn't the Furnace a staple of like 6 builds?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Cubed is mostly what I meant.
I remember looking through wizard builds a while back on IV, and a lot of it had Furnace in the cube, with nothing in particular coming close to dethroning it

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

big nipples big life posted:

Helltooth WD has almost no button pressing at all.

Just your frequent hopes and prayers that your pets stop being idiots and attack the things coming to kill you

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Node posted:

I've gotten my little necromancer up to speed. He can clear level 35 rifts easily. He has everything on the standard Rathma build except for Traveler's Pledge + Compass Rose, and the three kanai cube items. I have about 11m toughness, and if I try level 40 rifts I find that I die extremely fast to about anything. Do I just need to be smarter about avoiding damage (something I'm not used to, usually playing a near invincible crusader) or will those missing items make up for my weakness I have right now?

Yes.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

First primal ever was a ring of larceny with an intelligence roll
:negative:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Builds that rely on Unity and/or Convention of Elements are both... bad

Once again, you are very wrong and also owned.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

CoE is stupid and paying attention to a little element icon or worse, setting a loving timer for the right proc sucks rear end

I pay attention to none of my active buffs ever, and that goes double for the coe switch.
I honestly only remember I have it on when I look in my inventory or stand idle in town

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I mean yeah I'll give you that CoE is fun when you aren't at the extreme end of pushing GRs and it's just "Oh hey every 15 seconds I buttmunch everything (consistently because of all the butt eating I employ)" but at that high end it becomes mandatory and the only way to push higher and there needs to be a better and funnier way so we don't end up with every leaderboard being a CoE geared dude who kites in between procs.

Gotta dream small like I do.
Getting to 80 is all I vaguely care about, it's really all about them primals

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 19, 2017

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

I mostly rift alone . I don't like the thing where you just chase the fastest guy and Hoover Dee bees

So you play new seasonal characters solo?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Just let the loving pets pick up DBs.
That's all I want.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/tsIys9X.gifv

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

twice burned ice posted:

What did the ground ever do to you??

Tactical headbanging.
It's a barb thing, you wouldn't understand

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yeah but its a shame how much FoV you lose. I'm sure they did that due to the 360/3's limited memory but it got no update when ported over to 1/4. :(

Still though, its very enjoyable on a controller. Surprisingly so. I haven't touched my PC copy in years.

But you have 4 PC copies, how could you possibly choose?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They're not extremely good, but they do help a bit. They each bring something unique to the table

Feel like you've got a pocket crowd control Teammate - enchantress

Feel like you got a pocket healer and resource replenisher - Templar

Feel like you're constantly power leveling a Demon Hunter with no legendaries or skills unlocked - scoundrel

What exactly is the reason to use the scoundrel?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

mewse posted:

CC and some dmg increase

Better CC than enchantress chickens or templar stun?
I'm only using the enchantress cause I cannot find a templar immortality token to save my loving life

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

mewse posted:

Overwhelming Desire is also a good follower neck if you don't want to use ess of johan.

You can use wyrdward with any weapon if you reroll its damage to lightning.

I use the johan with my barb so they can all get pulled into one spot for tidy smashing.
Saves me like half a second of walking to them and instagibbing them

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

My Hota barb is up to 1.8 billion character sheet toughness which owns.

How?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

Just following the basic Hota build on icy veins.

Not even using esoteric alteration.

I swapped in esoteric cause even the slightest non physical hit would gently caress me all the way up

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Cube an Aquila and always be dashing otherwise.

HotA barb is weird because until it gets really dense you can lose your DR from not dash charging into goes frequently enough.

I forgot that I even had magefist cubed for this build

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Lucky bastard.
I'm having trouble even finding the loving akkhan pieces

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Back when I started playing, I never knew about adventure mode.
Which led to every session being a romp through story mode.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

My understanding is that each class has at least 1 set dungeon that's practically just "kill all the enemies"-easy.

The season journey only requires completion and mastery of a single dungeon. Is there some other benefit to doing multiple set dungeons?

So to answer your question, no.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bingo needs "I followed the guide except for the gems, jewelry and support legendaries and my build still sucks"

Someone please help me, my family is dying

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Forgot I recorded it

ABSORBED

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

You can probably find the "Ultimate Evil" edition of the game disc in a game shop for dirt cheap but you will be stuck buying the $15 necro expansion digitally. Still a far cry cheaper than 60 for the digital bundle.

edit: All the "Eternal" bundle really is is the Ultimate Evil (base game) + Necro Expansion

It's even cheaper when you buy less than 7 copies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

But your next goal should be to put together a support monk. My support Barbarian is ready, and smallpox is a witch doctor and Uber is a crusader. That four man should be able to push greater Rifts well into 100

Until I open another cursed chest and instantly explode.