Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Woot ground floor. Got my necro to 70 using cheater gear. Now to wait for the nerds to figure out the fastest clear spec.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Plavski posted:

Am i in the 1% for thinking $15 isn't that much in the grand scheme of things?

Dude, that will totally get you 3 cravings meals from Taco Bell.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I'm almost afraid they're going to nerf the inarius set before season. It's good, and by being good, it is ni the line of site for nerfs.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Tugboat Willy posted:

You can then turn those Reusable Parts into Arcane Dust/Veiled Crystals. :v:

FYI, if anyone was wondering why the female Necro looks familiar. Tugboat Willy's avatar is the woman they basically stole the look from.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Samara posted:

The "Boneado" Inarius Necro is just painfully easy to play.

After a week and a few decent ancients I'm easily clearing GR 85. Your "trash clearing" seems unmatched while LotD plus Corpse Lance melts a Rift guardian.

If this makes it to Seasonal with no changes I feel like an Inarius Necro will replace WD in higher rifts. You do amazing AOE and you have crazy single target.

And you don't die immediately if you stop casting firebats.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

mewse posted:

This week's challenge rift is dumb as hell

RIP in peace quin :(

When does it reset?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Guilty posted:

Just a forewarning I would not use the DH/Necro bug interaction if I were you. They banned for the soulstone exploit during the D3 event, fairly certain they will ban for this also

What's that? Using the necro ring on a dh?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Carebearz posted:

while that is true, it's easily the best Necro set in terms of how easy it is to gear up and play. I wanted pestilence to be great but maybe i just suck at playing it.

It's no easier to gear for than any other build though.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

exquisite tea posted:

Assembling the final pieces for CE Inarius is actually kind of a pain because Wisdom of Kalan always rolls aspd and the Johnstone has a huge degree of variance to its legendary text, not to mention it's a rare tier amulet that can also roll like crap. Black Death scythe and Krysbie's also have a high degree of legendary variance. The build doesn't absolutely need all those pieces to come together but you will end up rolling a lot of dud items, unlike say Shadow DH which comes online almost immediately.

Oh well see, there's your problem. You're using corpse assplosion instead of lance.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Just do whatever the highest level you can complete in a decent amount of time. Just remember the higher the grift/torment the more blood shards and the more/better legendaries will drop.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

MMAgCh posted:

Some hotfixes coming tomorrow. Nice little QoL change for the Rathma set there.

Called it. I knew Inarius was just too much fun not to get nerfed. Wish they said how bad they nerfed it.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Mr Scumbag posted:

So Trag'oul's is the new best Necro set, already starting to dominate the leaderboards for solo GR pushes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72LEHAhD3H4

Thank god I didn't augment any of my gear. Also gently caress blizzard for not banning cheaters.

I went digging, apparently this was the issue.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20757656102

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 8, 2017

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

My friend has never played any diablo game ever. We're going to run a character through normal before taking it to the Real Game mode: HC. He has the RoS expansion, I quit playing before the necro update. Should we both get that or see if he likes the game (he probably will) before getting it?

Sorc for the first diablo character someone plays?

Aww man, don't subject a fresh player to hardcore. He'll end up hating the game.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Primal Fox Paulds are great, they're worth 15 shards.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
11 days to go.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Larrymer posted:

Bets on if necro stuff is actually overhauled or just very minorly tweaked? I'm in the latter camp. :v:

I'm just gonna be designated power leveler. I'll switch to necro after my wiz hits level 70 solo gr :P

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

I like it but no, it's not good. Wait for the balance patch. when they inevitably gently caress it up completely

I have nearly 40 hours in it, but then again I'm unemployed. It's definitely not good enough to sway me from playing wiz for season.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Dameius posted:

Eh, I'll defer to you then on how they are faring. Someone was commenting at one point that the Necro wasn't at a competitive advantage with Manald wiz/hammerdin but given what you say that must have been during the closed beta and I'm just remembering old/deprecated factoids.

Didn't Blizzard say at one point they wanted to deliver the Necro slightly over tuned? Either that or I am just confusing this with what they say about their intent for new Overwatch characters.

No, they said they wanted it UNDER tuned, the only game they put out overpowered poo poo then nerf is World of Warcraft, Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm. For games where you have to buy the extra content, they make sure you get shafted.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I tried monk last season, got to paragon 600 and switched to DH. Monk is just not fun. Also it's one of the weakest classes in the game for solo'ing.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Eelface posted:

I'm going dh to easily do grift 70 then switch to zmonk with some necro playing for fun. Zmonk is the ultimate beer drinking class

See I did dh last season, so I'm going 1 handed wiz build this season. With numlock you never have to touch your keyboard on dh :P

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Antioch posted:

I just managed to beat solo GR70 on my Leapquake Barbarian. It was a little tight, died to a couple packs but managed to pull it off.

Pushing higher now is just a matter of better rolls and ancients then? I've been upgrading the 3 gems I'm using, I could probably use a different Hellfire, but what else can I do to get my survivability and damage up?

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Arcadi-1918/hero/71990925

At this point its about getting gems up and starting to augment stuff. You have now reached the level of gear treadmill.

Rank up gems.
Augment armor
Rinse repeat until you feel like killing yourself.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Less than 1 week to go.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

bows1 posted:

IF Im a super noob and most of the OP doesn't make sense to me, is there a place to read explaining all this stuff?

I just bought D3 and the expansion 5 days ago, beat the Campaign and have a lvl 70 (20 Paragon) Crusader Im ready to start doing other stuff with. Where do I begin!

Start here. https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/basics

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Are there any viable non-set ancient legendary builds for Necro? I poked around a bit looking at the legendaries which benefit him - but it seems like the sets do everything better.

Blizzard decided a while ago that the game would be based around sets. LoN only really works for a couple classes.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

DrSeRRoD posted:

Really? They seem very easy, with 8 Set Dungeon being the only annoying one that can't be done with just your starting set. Avarice, T10 in 2min, T10 bosses in 20 min, and GR75 are all pretty easy.

Yep, this season has easy stuff.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Why are you playing on a console like a savage.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
If anyone gets bored, check out this thread and see if you can figure out who used the exploit or not :)
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20757496472?page=14

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Suspicious posted:

Did they start playing Blizzard games yesterday? Blizzard always suspends/bans/rolls back for everything they call an exploit. Were these morons expecting to be able to word lawyer their way out of a punishment?

Oh contrare, blizzard almost never removes the spoils of cheating.

A 4 day ban for abusing what was clearly an unintended combination of skills is not what I would call a proper punishment.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Suspicious posted:

They permabanned for the blood thief / GR glitch and suspended and deleted from the leaderboards for the broken hellfire amulets glitch and neither had long term spoils to reap. Why would they wuss out on this one?

Never heard about those glitches. I think those happened during the couple seasons I missed.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

succ posted:

what do you all recommend for a chill class that can do rifts easily while watching TV? thinking barb or dh.

DH requires 3 mouse buttons and the numlock trick.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Guilty posted:

Helltooth witch doctor

Helltooth chicken is hilariously fun.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

good day for a bris posted:

Someone got a chicken build they can link?

Basically it's just standard helltooth gargs but you switch out weapon/offhand for MamaJune dagger/chicken and switch whatever skill you use least to hex with chicken rune. Then you just haul rear end.

Diablofans is being difficult and won't search for some reason, so I can't find the build I used.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/92735-gargantuan-with-helltooth-speed-farming

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 18, 2017

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

MikeC posted:

There is enough classes and builds in the game with different playstyles to warrant him to go straight to farming the top builds I think. Even if he has no intentions pushing leaderboards and stuff like me, its a heck of a lot better than slogging through the T1-T13 at a slow pace.

Unless you bot or stop leaving the house, leaderboards just aren't an option for most people.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Guilty posted:

That's very much not true. Look at the necro leaderboards or any leaderboard under top 20. It's usually all people with sets that are all very viable, i.e. missing ancient pieces, missing augments, missing specific rolls.

It would not surprise me if there were only like three thousand people playing this game in the entire world. This is not a hugely popular game.

I had p900 plus when I quit playing last season and DH was already over 90 just to get on the list. And yes I meant actually getting high level leaderboards. I lost interest after fully augmenting and hitting 87. I didn't want to do the whole grind over just for a few more points.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I haven't done sader since season 1, how's he fair compared to wiz/dh for getting solo 70 early in the season?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Guilty posted:

P900 in a season is a lot and commendable if you're solo playing, but it's a drop in an ocean if you're doing 4 man. Playing two hours a day with some optimizations, many twitch streamers reach 2k paragon in a season. You can look at their public records to average their hours played. Last season when I ran with a clan I got to p900 in the first week, and I only did one long session over a hungover Sunday that was in total like six hours.

This double XP weekend I played a total of three hours-ish, maybe four, over three daysand went from p1680 to 2018. Granted I know how to optimize xp gain, but I couldn't have done it solo.

I say this with every post in this thread, if you're playing solo, this game is loving torture. Even if you hate playing with other people, you can reach that solo 100 point way quicker by playing in a group than playing solo.

It's like night and day, between solo and group. It's a whole nother game, and much more in depth and rewarding by grouping up, trying to push higher.

But like I also say, if you get a boner by just watching mobs explode on screen, more power to you (although, you'll like groups even more because more than double the mobs spawn). Just don't presume that what you're doing is optimized and viable for anything other than the torment level you're running at.

Edit: just looked at season ten solo DH leaderboards, and randomly clicking profiles at the bottom shows that the average paragon to do a 92 (lowest to score on the leaderboard) is 1k, and there are more than a few 900+ paragons on there

Ya, i try to group when I can, but without a dedicated group, most nights end up being pub games or low level grouping.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Hobold posted:

Let Guilty come tell you about the amazingly fast xp gain rates of a 4man group. And how everyone else is doing it wrong.
You should be getting 900 in the first month of the season. :goonsay:

I think I hit 900+ in the first couple of weeks :( Being unemployed leaves lots of free time.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
ZDPS isn't that big a deal now that armory is a thing.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

MikeC posted:

Dunno why you guys poo poo on him. He is posting useful information for hardcore poopsockers. They also happen to be facts. I think anyone who actually just wants solo play isn't going to be somehow lead astray by Guilty and will just play solo anyways. No need to poo poo up the thread

I think it's mostly the "this is how you are supposed to play" tone he uses that rubs people the wrong way that sets people off.

Senso posted:

I've started playing this game less than a month ago and 99% of my play time is solo, not reading about deep strategy (I don't understand most of the jargon anyway) and this has been my whole playing philosophy. Still having fun!

Ya, that's normal. There's really no reason to get into the "top tier" stuff until you've basically done everything. Seasons are mostly for people that have been playing forever and like the resets.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jul 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I want to be a Monk this season. Can a ZMonk be helpful? I also want to solo a gr70 so that I can get more Primals than my lame dumb friends who never get any Primals (and are lame)

I did monk to p600 last season and it was rough as hell. Switched to dh and made solo 70 with trash gear.