Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

nickhimself posted:

Well I finally got the last two pieces of gear for my Barb: Lamentation and FoT. This is insanity

Wrath Barb reminds me of Mareg from Grandia II

Ambo's Pride is what really seems to turn the build from just powerful into a murder beast. Jumped 7 torment levels as soon as I cubed that.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Dec 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Is there a recommended set to master the barb set dungeon? Not taking any physical damage for an entire run is so finicky.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Barb gift set has the same effect, everything starts popping as soon as you touch it but white trash archers can be a problem. Getting the build into a stable place seems to be as much about stacking damage decrease bonuses as anything.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

texaholic posted:

Immortal King is super easy, I used the guide below and got it done on my first try with plenty of time to spare

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/barbarian-immortal-king-set-dungeon-guide

Kyrosiris posted:

You don't even need to switch off your whirlwind swords/cube items, either - just use the IK set bonus and spin.

Thanks, this worked easily

Post-season journey endgame mostly seems to consist around grinding slightly higher max greater rifts to enhance ancient items a little harder and eke out some more paragon points? While working to get everything to ancient and then rolling for incremental improvements on gear or primals?

Is there guidance to how much time should be spent on running bounties vs nephalem rifts vs greater rifts?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

As far as I can tell, you basically only run bounties when you need too. Typically players will grind out 10/20/50 GR keys and then run a crap ton of GRs in a row for gem levels and Paragon XP

I guess what does 'need' mean there? I have the abilities extracted I wanted, is re-rerolling legendaries a worthwhile use of time vs just running more rifts.

Is it also time to start thinking about forking torment 16 and greater rift builds?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

bamhand posted:

I think you would want RoRG in your top slot. Then Zodiac + Band of Might for most people. Zodiac + CoE if you hate yourself and really want to push.

No RoRG means no Captain Crimson's and that bonus is already more than what CoE can offer you.

Captain Crimson's means giving up Aquila's or Mantle of Channeling AND CoE (because Lamentation is mandatory).

Kaustik posted:

While Bul-Kathos's Oath aren't the endgame they'll definitely make do until you get there. You're going to want to upgrade swords for Istvan's Paired Blades set.

I have ancient Bul-Kathos' but not Istvan's so I've been working with those, but how does resource management work with Istvan's? Fury is a non-issue with the regeneration from Bul-Kathos', it's effectively free whirlwind 24/7. Do you have to walk except around enemies with Istvan's?

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 31, 2019

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

dialhforhero posted:

Can someone please explain briefly what speed/push/farm mean and how they differ in the build focus? Thanks.

Push - Build for max GRs. Focus on survivability, Bane of the Stricken is basically a requirement.
Speed - Max speed for lower GRs. Once damage and survivability are irrelevant, focus on move speed and working in Nemesis Bracers.
Farm - Max speed for Torment XVI (Neph Rifts and bounties). Damage and survivability should be irrelevant, focus on move speed and gold-related unique powers. Broken Crown can be useful here.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Shrecknet posted:

I've been playing this game for 8 goddamned years and I never knew this:

Don't forget your broken crown.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Volguus posted:

What's with the broken crown? To wear it if you do the vault?

What Suprfli6 said, but also note that you can make that your Kanai's skill slot and it will still double drop the gem in your helmet (if you need to keep it on it for your class set or something). Since you don't need to min-max in the vault, throw in your mainstat gem since you will want 39 flawless royals eventually for Caldesann's Despair.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

RodShaft posted:

So update on my Darklight Crusader. I took the extra Darklight(Fist of Heaven casts twice for 10x damage) and made it an ability. Then threw Burst of Wrath (killing and breaking things has a chance to refill 20% of wrath) as my primary weapon. Added a complete Captain Crimson set (lowers cool down and resource cost by 20%. Damage delt increased by cool down reduction and damage taken lowered by cost reduction)

Other items add to that stuff and grant "shrine effects last 10 minutes", "pylon effects last twice as long" and "shield glare all around (for wrath)

It's a pretty drat good setup so far, I'm again thinking about dropping my primary, but my whole skillset needs reworked since I'm not starving for wrath anymore.

Are there like torment level breaks where there's certain ones that are better for items it just higher=better?

Edit: oh. Where should I dump my Paragon points? Just wait till I have a more finished build?

This was linked above, but should answer most of your questions https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/crusader-aegis-of-valor-heavens-fury-build

There will be a breakpoint later, but don't worry about it for now. When you are comfortably clearing Torment 16 content, you will want to split out a greater rift build.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

Now if we can just get them to add regular Crafting Materials to vacuum pick-up..

And marquis+ gems, please. Does anyone not pick those up?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Avalerion posted:

Makes sense, I like to just stick to 75-80 max so stuff dies fast enough as is.

Season journey wants me to augment an item for the stash tab, is that the cube recype, does it matter what gem I use?

https://eu.diablo3.com/en/game/guide/items/kanais-cube

I'm with you, speed clearing GRs is the fun part, having to grind out the last few pushes to upgrade an item gets tedious.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Is it just my age showing, or has every Diablo game failed to emulate the ambiance of the first one? Duriel was a shadow of the Butcher moment the first time you hit that in D1, and then D3 doesn't really even bother with trying to "scare" you. Between the music and level design there was an element of suspense in almost every step in the first game, especially early on, and it would be interesting to see that tried again.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

Nope. Hard is usually best until you can equip a lvl 70 2h weapon with reduced level req. Run rifts after getting the cube and doing the challenge rift. There's also kanai's stomping grounds that will be open (just heard about this the other day after playing your game for years) that's near the cube that is a cow level basically. Probably worth hitting when getting the cube since you can get early massacre bonus as well.

There's a post out there with more details, but run a challenge rift, level the smith, craft a level 70 weapon, upgrade it to unique, and tear it down for the unique power. Your luck there basically sets your difficulty for a while.

Vakal posted:

Season 21 - Blackthorne's complete set bonus adds damage based on how much gold your character has. No limit.

This ... is a fun idea.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

Solo'd GR70 a bit ago and...

This might put someone pretty high on barb leaderboards, right?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Don't you cube it so you can run one of the 2 Dual Wielding sets?

That seems to be the default approach, but a lot of folks at the top tier of the ladder I looked at last season had one equipped.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

I don't play D3 very often, what does "unlock" primals mean? They don't start dropping until you solo gr70? Do they only drop at that difficulty or higher?

This. Once you beat solo GR70 any ancient has a small percentage to be a primal.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Fenarisk posted:

Is there a minimum torment level that most people are at for efficiency? I havent cleared high enough solo GR for TX, and everything TIX and under seems barren for public games.

Rule of thumb is keep rift runs well under 5 minutes unless pushing for legendary gem levels.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Fenarisk posted:

Is there a list of like must have legendaries? I have a full stash for non season just packed with stuff, and my seasonal probably has some overlap but also has just 1 stash tab left and I'm filled to the brim with legendaries over 4 tabs full but afraid to get rid of them.

Should I cube every single one I can and scrap the rest for souls? I'm playing a monk and non seasonal has one of each character so I'm not really looking for other class sets either.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/legendary-item-salvage-guide

This seems alright. You don't need a copy of most items after you've extracted the power. And even that is mostly for achievements after the important ones.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

:(

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The extra gold from goldwrap is pretty insignificant, the armor is mostly useless once T16 is a cakewalk. Goldskin is alright, but a hassle if you need to switch up sets.

Boon of the hoarder and broken crown, plus anything that adds speed, seems like a good compromise for neph rifts and bounties.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Can you enchant a socket onto an item, then later enchant the socket to a different property and use a Ramaladni's Gift on it for a socket?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

25%. It's more efficient to get it from paragon points than equipment.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Oh come on

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

How does the Unhallowed Essence set bonus work? If I'm looking between two items that have 11 and 12 discipline on them, does the 350% bonus damage on the 12 discipline item make almost all other affixes irrelevant? Or is that 1 out of 8x discipline mean it would only be a 1%~ increase in damage going from 11 to 12 discipline on an item?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

That'd be hilarious until you needed to run a bazillion GRs just to lv50 all your gems.

You already have to level up a legendary gem for all 13 pieces of gear and again every time you replace anything, what's 7 more?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

[list][*]This does not affect goblins encountered Goblin “Rift” packs.

:(

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Number go up.

More specifically, number go up in decreasing increments just sufficient to trigger your hindbrain to release chemicals that make you keep playing.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

LethalGeek posted:

Yeah it's hard for me to remember a lot that makes me go "drat that was fun I miss that" beyond the first couple of play throughs. Just did nothing to make the loot grind fun and the higher difficulties were less hard and more mathematically unfair grinds.

The strategy around double and triple immunes once LOD dropped was fun, damage types being more or less interchangeable in Diablo 3 was a step back.

Then of course Hammerdins just became the default option because they could ignore most of those immunities.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

bamhand posted:

Now that I think about it. My Amazon was just hold seeking arrow vs boss, hold multishot vs not boss. That's somehow even more boring than the most braindead D3 build. I think the fun in D2 was finding stuff and making up builds. The actual gameplay was garbage.

Maybe it's just nostalgia, but gameplay choices for a multishot build felt more meaningful in D2 even if the skill rotation was simpler. Survivability in D3 almost entirely means layering on health and resists and etc, but while that's a factor in D2, you're not going to finish the Chaos Sanctuary if you can't dodge shots from Oblivion Knights. Conversely, an underpowered character could survive way over their head in D2 with some finesse - that's not quite the case in D3.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

I also remember finally get a Stone of Jordan to drop and being so paralyzed by wanting to sell or trade it instead of playing with it that I just stopped playing Diablo all together.

That brings back memories of ebaying mules full of SoJs from botting for spending money in school.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

bamhand posted:

Did you actually find those SoJ's or did you trade for them with your botted goods? Because I have trouble believing you can find a full mule worth of them even if you were playing 24/7. Like I played hundreds of hours and found either 1 or 2 ever.

Most were traded from high level uniques found by a Pindlebot. It was just easier to convert the SoJs to real currency.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

bamhand posted:

Best items I ever found were a Stormshield and an Ohm rune from hell Meph runs. Back before they made the map bigger in higher difficulties.

Meph runs were fun. There was one corner where he couldn't hit you but you could still stack blizzards.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Tubgoat posted:

On a Crusader I had in hardcore, I had some combination of gear/passives that let my Bowmen hang around for the full duration of the cooldown and I'll be damned if I can figure out what it was. Anyone know?

You probably want a Warhlem of Kassar and a bunch of CDR% on the rest of your gear. An Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac will get your the rest of the way if CDR% doesn't. Tasker and Theo and Unrelenting Phalanx will help with DPS.

I don't think a Phalanx-based build can handle T16+ though.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

People say that having Pets pick up Crafting Materials is the next big QOL this game needs.

I'm here to say they're wrong.

The next big QOL this game needs is replacing all Clickable doors in Rifts with Breakable doors.

Breakable doors are the worst with a Might of the Earth/leap build if you catch one between triple jumps.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Dameius posted:

Not calculated differently at all but xp creep has made it trivially easy to pass up old paragon milestones. It used to be hundreds hours grind to get to paragon 100 and now you can get 25-30 paragon a run at the start of the season once you finish your free set.

I didn't rush or try hard this season opening, just did enough for the journey and played a little bit more and stopped the weekend at p903.

I don't know if the actual experience provided has changed along the way, but currently GR85 is like 15x the experience of GR45. It's easy to imagine how someone might blow by previous experience, especially if it's pre-expansion.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Using a Flavor of Time for the first time, and wow I should not have let the character sheet hit scare me off before. It completely changes running GRs.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

That's a decent follower weapon, but it doesn't really benefit from being primal.

Mixed it up with Thunderfury.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 16, 2020

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

How do you keep up essence for bone spear after your character isn't gaining 5+ levels per rift?

Also, is there a trick to surviving the first few moments of a rift before bone armor is up?

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

bus hustler posted:

Are bounties worth doing or just rifts?

To get to 70 on your own, just rifts is the most direct path. You'll need to do bounties to get season rewards, and then over time for crafting materials. Eventually the goal is to do the highest possible level greater rifts.