Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
is there going to be a separate Mae Young Classic thread like there was for the CWC or will the Mae Young Classic not have as many aired show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

dsriggs posted:

The Big Dawg's gon' win cuz I luv her!

and now to Mama Hernandez for her report on Total Divas

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Viper owns if only for this twitter exchange

https://twitter.com/missviper91/status/856883749543346176

https://twitter.com/bigjockofficial/status/857113505123758082

https://twitter.com/missviper91/status/857128019831525378

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Bianca showing tons of potential and this also might have been the best Aliyah's looked on NXT in awhile?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I hope WWE gives a few of the alternates matches during the Mae Young Classic

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Nice!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Rovert, do you know which woman was originally out before replacing Nixon?

Wikipedia says Miranda Salinas replaced Nixon

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Is that voice and backstory a gimmick from Sara Logan? I never heard her speak before so maybe its not.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

Of the younger people, Miranda Salinas is the main person with signing buzz.

That's really funny because i thought she was one of the worst people there.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
If they were only able to sign 4 people it should be Jazzy, Mia, Candice, and Shayna. Toni, Santana and Piper should get looked at because Toni is probably the 2nd best wrestler in the whole tournament and i thought Piper vs Santana was the best match of the first round.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, I don't know why WWE is targeting India when they could be targeting Brazil. The market there seems a lot more profitable/lucrative over India right now. I remember the poll WWE.com put up asking who will win the MYC, and Taynara was WAY ahead of everyone else.

They have a handful of brazilian people in developmental just like india and china, so they are aware.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

So in STARDOM news, I guess I can state it again, Mandy Leon is quite possibly one of the worst workers I have ever seen.

https://media.giphy.com/media/nVgJUCmJKVMhG/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/12Nzoro8rSVeve/giphy.gif

What ROH sees in her, I'll never loving know. And I feel bad for Io Shirai, having to work with dead weight like that.

Delirious and her are loving.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, the gimmick was that Burchill was just a guy deciding he wanted to be a pirate. The whole thing with Regal was trying to get Burchill to drop the pirate stuff, like you can see in the clip.

Vince didn't understand that at all and thought he should actually think he's a pirate.

It was also because Vince didn't get the pirate gimmick because nobody likes pirates, they aren't popular or good guys and wasn't aware that the Pirates of the Carribean franchise was a thing that was going on and actually popular.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

I'd date Shane.

same here

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Wazzu posted:

I do. Her flow and movements look awful for a person with over a year of professional wrestling.I don't enjoy watching her work because her lovely movements make it clear it's a fake fight where she has to pull her punches, and her opponents need to not just run into her despite her incredibly slow movements.

I love how you think wrestling for a year means everyone has to be really good at wrestling from then on.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

My thoughts on Kairi being in the title hunt now: She should lose, but get the title either at the Royal Rumble Takeover or Wrestlemania Takeover at the absolute latest.

that's an awful idea

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Also that WWE are ducking Viper and Toni

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
my only gripe about stardom is the tiny images they use

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

There was plans for a ROH/STARDOM mini tournament in the US October/November time leading up to Final Battle to crown a WOH Champion at one stage. With the Final being the Final Battle opener. But obviously that seems to be dropped.

Blame Delirious and him pushing his god awful girl friend and whatever Kelly Klein's got on them. Stardom knew they partnered with the wrong people.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Also yes he was enabling her being an addict as well, that one weird good was right. I don't know if they were banned for those posts or anything

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
doompants

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

real sad. Mt. Fiji was such a sweet heart and her story in the GLOW documentary was so heart breaking

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I legit didn't know Wrestle-1 was still a thing

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DM Punk posted:

Delirious once stole my hat and used it as a weapon against Jigsaw who sold it like he got hit with a brick.

But Mandy doesn't win as often as Karen Q or Kelly Klein.

You're out of your mind. She's the star of WOH next to Klein. Karen's not even signed unlike the other 2.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
is it bants to grind on rossy?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

pwg doesnt book women

They've booked local dudes and a new venue this year, anything can happen now.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

If there's a gimmick more suited to NXT, I can't think of one. She's gonna end up in WWE in like a year.

you cant grind on people for bants in nxt

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
So how bad is the Emma injury I've seen people talking about floating around on twitter

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Has Japan heard of Patreon yet?

I remember years ago ia handful of japanese game devs on kickstart were skeptical of it being a thing when doing interviews about their games getting funded on it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Are the lucha girls the only ones WWE didn't tag their twitter accounts in?

Also who replaced Kylie Rae

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 4, 2018

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

If they’re smart, they’ll have a babyface win the MYC and then take the belt off of Shayna at the November Takeover

That's just Kairi Sane

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Onee-san grew up

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1031427928263979009

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
If i learned anything from Netflix cancelation news is that they'll kill like any series after like 3 seasons no matter what so it's better off if you just do one contained season, maybe two but call it a day after that.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Love to not just use a person's birth name (Kana btw) as the Article header

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Pennywise looking good.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
congratulations to meiko satomura on her retirement

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

AEW Heels 2

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
what was the big women's wrestling news that dave was teasing for today

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
its so crazy seeing DPW just regularly bringing in joshi talent seemingly out of the blue to wrestle shows which just goes to show any indie can apparently do this if they cared about womens wrestling enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Tree falls in the woods, but I haven't heard of impact having steaming issues