Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Mia Yim is still a free agent, right? I know she left TNA a while ago, and already had an NXT cup of coffee as a jobber. If they don't get her for the tournament then I don't know what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How many names will JR and Lita get wrong? I'm setting the over/under at 12.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I see Ayesha Raymond raided Ember Moon's wardrobe

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
gently caress yeah Candice and Mia are in this

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Asuka screaming NOBODY CAN BEAT ME IT'S MINE in broken English while clutching her belt like the Precious is one of the best promos in the entire company.

Benne fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 30, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DarkstarIV posted:

Bonus: Have another Mandy Leon gif.

I don't know whats funnier in that gif. Mandy botching that spot, or Io very obviously not giving a gently caress.

How do you botch taking a flapjack :psyduck:

Literally the only thing you have to do is jump and fall on your stomach

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, guys like Bate/Dunne/Wolfgang/Seven still have relative freedom to work indies and only come into WWE whenever WWE feels like it. It's a way better deal than what the cruserweights got.

If Toni Storm can get an offer like that, while still getting to work Stardom/Progress, she would probably take it in a heartbeat.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Look forward to a good-to-great match that will inevitably be overshadowed by whatever Horsewomen bullshit WWE has planned

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Good match and they didn't overthink the booking like we all feared. Thumbs up all around.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Codependent Poster posted:

It's a multi-women match, right? Probably best for Kairi to look good in it but not win because Peyton and Billie cheat or someone else interferes against Kairi. It'll be a lot more impressive to win it from a single's match, and waiting until Wrestlemania season would probably be the best idea to make that happen.

I mean, unless you want Kairi to go undefeated like Asuka.

Billie and Peyton loving suck and should never come close to touching the title

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Heel wrestler does a heel thing on TV, I'm loving scandalized

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm sure Paige will have a blast hanging out with Becky and Charlotte in catering while Tamina and Carmella take up all the TV time

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I need Emma vs. Toni Storm like yesterday

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Do a quick Google Image search if you're wondering why Dana Brooke is still around

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
A women's Royal Rumble sounds a loving horrible idea

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Do they even have the bodies for 30 women? Here's the current main roster

Raw:

Alexa Bliss (champ)
Asuka
Sasha Banks
Bayley
Nia Jax
Mickie James
Alicia Fox
Dana Brooke
Paige
Mandy Rose
Sonya Deville

Smackdown:

Charlotte (champ)
Natalya
Naomi
Becky Lynch
Carmella
Tamina
Lana
Ruby Riot
Sarah Logan
Liv Morgan

NXT

Ember Moon (champ)
Kairi Sane
Nikki Cross
Peyton Royce
Billie Kay
Bianca Belair
... Lacey Evans?
... uhh, Aliyah?

I guess you could throw in Trish/Victoria/Madusa/whoever for a nostalgia pop, and maybe call in some of the notable MYC people (Shayna/Abbey Laith/Dakota Kai etc). But man is that match a lot of dead space.

Benne fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 22, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This is the same company that tried to convince us that Mickie loving James was a fat ugly she-beast. Vince still has his type.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

RealFoxy posted:

Tell me more about how Vince only likes fit women while Dana, a former fitness model that’s still in pretty great shape flounders.

Dana/Charlotte was the original Mania plan not that long ago

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why the gently caress are people still booking Sexy

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I ... what? :psypop:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Stardom has a stupid amount of belts for such a small roster

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Killing the Emmalina gimmick was the best thing Tenille ever did and that she got "heat" for it yet again exposes how creepy and out-of-touch WWE still is

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Low Desert Punk posted:

tenille dashwood is an incredible wrestling name and it's so WWE to call someone with that name "Emma"

WWE had someone whose shoot name is BARBIE BLANK and named her "Kelly Kelly." Nobody ever accused them of being creative with women names.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
A lot of wrestling schools have some sort of free tryout or workshop where people can come in off the street, run the ropes and take flat back bumps for an hour, then decide very quickly if they want to pay to keep doing this.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Inject it right in my loving veins

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1225796399708524544

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:(

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I don't watch much Stardom but Hana was always a standout from what I've seen there and on her ROH tour. And she definitely lived up to the hype -- incredible talent, tons of charisma, had all the pieces to be the best women's wrestler in the world one day. And we'll never get to see it, and she had her whole life ahead of her at 22 years old.

Honestly I can't come up with the words to describe my heartbreak, this is loving terrible on every level.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1264296049100939264

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
She was also mixed-heritage so there was a heavy dose of xenophobia at play here

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Still blows my mind that Stardom put her on the show partly to get her over as a mainstream celebrity and then the producers gave her a villain edit. The gently caress were they thinking?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kyona winning would be some real "Rey channels his spirit angel Eddie Guerrero to win the Rumble and title" bullshit and I hope Stardom is above that

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/_denisesalcedo/status/1445927499729301505

This will probably crash and burn like all the previous 258 incarnations of WoW, but it's good to see AJ involved with wrestling again

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

J-Ro posted:

Someone's just a-ok with setting their money on fire, must be nice.

It's funded by Jeanie Buss, setting money on fire is just kind of her thing

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1449108951660892164

quote:

The new Women of Wrestling relaunch is underway, and has been met with significant controversy after announcing Tessa Blanchard as the face and casting agent in the company.

Reasons for those controversies are an alleged incident with La Rosa Negra, that those around it claim saw Tessa Blanchard spit on La Rosa Negra and use a racial slur. Blanchard has vehemently denied such behavior to those close to her, and claimed the fight began when Negra threw an item at her. The two have spoken since, but as it turns out, there have been some pretty heavy efforts by multiple companies to get them together again.

Fightful has learned of two specific pitches that were put together, one on screen, and one off screen. According to NWA sources, one of the ideas when they made contact with Blanchard during the Summer was to get La Rosa Negra and Blanchard together in private to work things out and make good on their issues. We're not sure if this even made it to La Rosa Negra.

Another pitch made this year was from WOW Women of Wrestling this year. Fightful has learned from sources close to La Rose Negra, close to WOW, and who formerly worked at WOW that a pitch was made to her that she could work for WOW, and she and Tessa would appear on screen together in some capacity. It was not specified to us if this would have been on the actual show, or something for social media, or what the content would have entailed, though we were told things varying from an "apology" to "easing tensions." We also aren't sure of the time frame around it.

Fightful has attempted to reach out to La Rosa Negra on the matter. Those close to her say she was "insulted" by the offer.

OK so WOW is just gonna be a massive shitshow that nobody should support, but did we expect anything else from a Tessa vanity project?

Benne fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 15, 2021

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol at Tessa now beefing with companies that don't even exist yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/wowsuperheroes/status/1521943089123840002?s=21&t=ojebyg1-wNm1dLij8XBHUQ

:vince: