Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
The new salmon run map keeps kicking my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

SeANMcBAY posted:

Also there isn’t any auto aim unlike just about any other console shooter.

Playing this game without motion is very rough unless you only use rollers.
the fact that the game does not have autoaim is itself an endorsement of how good the gyro controls are. it just isn't required for accurate aiming, flicks, etc.

by the by is ink resistance any good in this game? it seems obviously a lot weaker than splatoon 1 but I'm having trouble quantifying by how much.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Lazlo Nibble posted:

11 of my 40 matches so far this ‘fest have been salsa-on-salsa.
Yeah, it's no mystery which side is gonna win in popularity this time.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I won both my 10x games :)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
The only bad octo expansion level is the one where you have to sink the 8-balls into holes to make a bingo with the cannon.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Yeah, until they randomly get bounced entirely off the level and make you lose when you shoot them out, 3 times in a row

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
actual easiest way to kill them is just holding down ZR with a roller and walking over them

they don't stop you from doing it and you don't even need to aim! :)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Well, you can squid around when you're got a second.

Anyone have tips for using the inkjet? I keep hearing it's good but I have only ever gotten one kill with the thing, it seems super finnicky to hit people with

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Supply and demand. Nintendo lowered production of amiibo, so the usual market logic kicks in. That's why you should always buy the amiibo first day.
it's actually why you should buy the amiibo never

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

LethalGeek posted:

Never fight a fair fight is the best thing anyone can learn in Splat.
tbh this is a great lesson in any non 1v1 game

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
mayo isn't that good but ketchup is just bad

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Off The Hook as the hosts again but it seems like too good of an opportunity to not introduce new hosts with each game.
it would be criminal to bring back squid sisters but not off the hook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
yeah they talk about it quite a bit in the chatlogs you can get in the dlc

MC.Princess = pearl, DJ_Hyperfresh = marina, CraigCuttlefish = that old guy

quote:

■Webmaster■ > DJ_Hyperfresh has joined the chatroom.
DJ_Hyperfresh > Whew, I'm back. Sorry about that!
MC.Princess > Yo welcome back. Where u been tho?
DJ_Hyperfresh > Sorry, I dozed off at home for a bit...
CraigCuttlefish > welcome back young lady im glad you are here
DJ_Hyperfresh > Uh... What's with him?
MC.Princess > Sorry, squid's outta the bag. He brought out his top secret Octarian file and everything
DJ_Hyperfresh > ...
MC.Princess > That's on me, Marina. I never meant to dig into your past
DJ_Hyperfresh > Um...
MC.Princess > See old dude here used to fight against the Octarians
CraigCuttlefish > no fan of the Inkantation is a foe of mine. i dont see species
MC.Princess > See? everything's totally cool. kinda
DJ_Hyperfresh > ...
CraigCuttlefish > you are so articulate marina
DJ_Hyperfresh > wow
MC.Princess > Sorry... I mean, I always knew you were different, even if we never talked about it. I always figured...you know... with the jokes and stuff...
DJ_Hyperfresh > I never knew how to talk to you about it. Do you think...
DJ_Hyperfresh > Do you think I'll still be welcome in Inkopolis? Once everyone knows I'm an Octoling?
MC.Princess > ARE YOU KIDDING? Of course you will! everyone loves you!
DJ_Hyperfresh > Thanks, Pearlie. ;__;
MC.Princess > OK stop it with the waterworks before I change my mind
CraigCuttlefish > agent 8 is also an octarian but also appreciates the inkantation
MC.Princess > It all makes sense now
DJ_Hyperfresh > I could tell right away that Agent 8 had also been touched by the Calamari Inkantation.
DJ_Hyperfresh > Once our souls have been freed, there's no way we can continue to live under the oppression of Octarian society.

quote:

MC.Princess > So, I went back to Inkopolis Square to buy some juice, and like
MC.Princess > There's a bunch of Octolings just hanging out!
CraigCuttlefish > The Octarians are upon us
DJ_Hyperfresh > I'm so happy! It's all the Octolings who were reborn when they heard the Calamari Inkantation!
CraigCuttlefish > No fan of the Inkantation is a foe of mine. I don't see species.
MC.Princess > Yeah... anyway, this is amazing!

quote:

MC.Princess > But right after that we formed Off the Hook and recorded Ebb & Flow. That song sold like crabby cakes
CraigCuttlefish > Off what hook now?
MC.Princess > You seriously don't know? Geez old man. It's the name of the group me and Marina are in
CraigCuttlefish > Is it fresh?
MC.Princess > is it fresh? Come on my dude
MC.Princess > But furreal tho, the reviews of our first show had me worried for a minute there
DJ_Hyperfresh > Yeah, they described me as "the tall exotic-looking girl standing next to Pearl."
MC.Princess > BAHAHA
MC.Princess > Yeah, after that first show, the few fans I had kinda fell off
MC.Princess > But we won em back eventually.
tl;dr: pearl knew for a while, also at least some people are still weird about octos at that point in time