Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

LethalGeek posted:

I should write some "thank you for giving the new folks a crack at something new cause they NAILED IT" to Nintendo

A quote that is not empty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

If it was available in the US I would have been all up on it. The US My Nintendo has never really done physical rewards, though. Club Nintendo did back when that was a thing but they pretty much phased it out by the end.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I always had a hard time finding people to actually play with and didn't think of looking on SA when I signed up, but I have a hard time with team coordination and strategy especially in random matchups.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

If your team has Aydens, do your best to protect them, but understand you can't save them all.

If the opposing team has Aydens, CRUSH THEM.

...I haven't been active in the community much while playing the game, what's Aydens?

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

The only real weakness of the aerospray is that its range is pretty short. I switched from Aerospray to N-Zap in splatoon 1 just because I was tired of getting outranged.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Needs more Pearl and Marina.

Girl-type Agent 8 would also be acceptable.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Coxswain Balls posted:

Is it also true that Pearl still doesn't know Marina's an octopus? That's what I got from some of the Off the Hook sessions and I thought that's hilarious.

So it's worth noting here that the Off the Hook segments are the girls playing characters that are similar to but not exactly the same as their actual personalities (they're idols, which means their image is a product and it's at least somewhat produced). You get a bit more of a candid look at them during the Octo Expansion, and I believe that makes it clear that Pearl knows seeing as Captain Cuttlefish shows her his dossier on Marina's history in the octarian army.

The Golux fucked around with this message at 07:41 on May 3, 2020

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Grizzco Charger got a lot of people killed the first time since it uses up all your ink in the blink of an eye.

Insofar as the grizzco weapons have a weakness, I think this is it. None of them have very good ink efficiency. Brella and shooter are less bad than the other two though.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I won't say I was ever actually good but I'm super rusty... this is gonna be a rough fest.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

well I have signed on for team ketchup. Maybe I'll try and actually link up with some goons this time.

(Disclaimer: I am gonna be rusty)

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

It's been real great actually being able to team up with people this time!

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

adorble.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I never got good or dedicated enough to worry about the meta viability of my gear abilities...

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Are they one only? I still like The End. No Moral.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The poster above you has like, 35 god drat gang tags and they had the moral courage to declare which of their children they'd sacrifice for Woomy.

See I thought so, which is why I was confused at the declaration of giving one up.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Nice!
Though since that's an Octoling in the banner... I guess she's Bilingual

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

If you can swing it, one slides in from the left, says one thing, fades, other slides in from the right, says other thing, fades, loop

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Korean Boomhauer posted:

I made a few versions:

Lots of fade:

A little less fade:

And my personal favorite:

Actually I do like that last one.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

In the games, the mushroom is more practical, but is also usually only a steppingstone to better powerups. The star is still cooler.

I actually ordered a Star shirt since I missed the Order shirt but I will have to wait for the actual ingame arguments before I CONCLUSIVELY join a team.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

As an amendment to my previous thing, I guess the real crux of the matter with the Mushroom is that in the games that use it, it feels less like "the mushroom is a power-up from your basic level" and more like "When you don't have a mushroom, you're downgraded from your basic level."

Of course, Pearl is an shremp so the mushroom definitely has appeal for her.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Sorry it took so long to get it done, but the amazing tag Korean Boomhauer made is finally available. You can see it on their posts soon, probably.

If you want it, please quote this post and say "tag me please" so I can search for the posts in case a bunch of people want it. I'm only going to give out a handful every day just so I don't clog up the admin queue, since they're being nice enough to let me hand it out for free. Also if it's been a few days and you haven't gotten a tag you requested, feel free to PM me because I probably just got distracted halfway through doing them or something.

There is a somewhat flexible, ask me and I'll see what we can do if you really like your tags general 2-tag limit, so if you're already at 2, please consider which one you would like to drop or consider asking for a marquee scroll on your tags, for an example please click Relax or DIE's profile. Ignore the fact that Relax somehow decided to stack 2 marquees at the same time.

:eyepop::popeye::eyepop:

Now...I gotta reinstall Splatoon 2 because I really enjoyed it when I was playing it way back when. Thanks for the reminder!

Tag me please! It can go above "The End. No Moral." The "Internet Cephalopod" text is ok to stay (above the new one) since it's just colored text, right?

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Thanks very much to both Korean Boomhauer and ShallNoiseUpon!

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Social Animal posted:

Hey I posted it in the Switch thread! :( Although this was the least fun splatfest. Can’t remember the name of the map but the one where there’s a center platform surrounded by rails and whoever gets there first wins the map. It was frustrating! Also went almost 10 losses in a row at one point.

I did discover the kensa 52 gal though so not all was lost.

Shifty Station, ver. Railway Chillin', and yeah it's not great. Map's not great but the fest was still fun for me at least. It's nice when you can team up with you can actually talk to like from the discord here.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

In most mario games, the mushroom seems less a powerup and more like a way to get back to baseline when you have been weakened.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Social Animal posted:

Star is so good that it has its own music.

Yeah that too

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

A quick reminder that this is happening during the weekend.

That art is clearly a MEGA mushroom not a SUPER mushroom. Super Pearl would be like, Marina tall.

Which brings me back to "Mushroom isn't even a real powerup, the state of not having one is a weakened state"

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

They still haven't cracked the advantage that the less popular team has, I see...

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Waffleman_ posted:

Splatoon 3: Squid Megami Tensei Apocalypse

This, and also I am super looking forward to this. I need to decide on new character's style though, since I ended up with an established Iook for my agents 3, 4, and 8 and there are a ton of options this time... Probably an octo and a squid but I dunno?

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Glad to have more octptions.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

The Bloop posted:

I wonder if Pearl has figured out that Marina is an octo yet

I still think that was just Kayfabe and she actually knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Suspected, due to the occasional scar-gap, but good to have confirmed!