Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Marina is better than Pearl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Imagined posted:

Counterpoint: it made so little impression on me I didn't even play in the second testpunch, I'd already had enough. If it were $20 for sure I'd pick it up but it just didn't feel like a $60 concept to me. Breath of the Wild and ARMS shouldn't be the same price.

This is correct. ARMS should should $60, and BotW should be $140.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Martytoof posted:

I love my Switch but every time I go into the Jungle or under a waterfall in BOTW and see the framerate tank I just kind of :smith: to myself.

Wonder how much of this is "it's just not a heavy lifting system" and how much of it is "crappy first gen programming" or a mix of the two.

It's probably just a lack of general optimization for the new console. I imagine the next Zelda game will have little to any framerate issues, just because the console will really be understood at that point.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

grand theft grotto posted:

My guess is that Smash for Switch is done, it's ready, a huge run of carts have been made and packaged and Nintendo simply forgot to release it because every employee all the way up to the top thought that was someone else's responsibility and oh boy are they all gonna be embarrassed when they realize that.

*turns to camera and shrugs*

Oopsie!!!!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

2 has Quiplash XL, Fibbage 2, and Bomb Corp., which all own the most.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

enojy posted:

Lol Team Ice Cream gon lose haaaard, enjoy your frozen sugar milk while it lasts scrubs!

I'd fight you if I could fight ANYONE from Team Cake.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I played MK8DX 2P tabletop at a recent party, and the guy I played with said he needed a Switch now. The system works!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Bloop posted:

You sure seem to care about this a whole lot

Go Team Dog!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Those are actually just Switch boxes full of maple syrup. We all know this.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

EpicNemesis posted:

So I have a 20 hour trip today. What game?
Are all these new games shovelware or did something decent come out? How creepy is the teenage bikini poo poo in shantae? Is the game good despite jailbaitboobs?

why are you so angry about everything

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Golden Goat posted:

Sometimes I want to answer texts without disconnecting from voice chat

On Android, you can do this from the pulldown menu without having to leave your current app!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I don't understand discord at all. I'm on a couple of them and I just don't get how it works on a basic level.

It's IRC meets Teamspeak with some extra bells and whistles.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Imagined posted:

I think I posted a few months ago about the absolutely horrendous struggles I had playing Mario Kart 8D online. Could barely make it through a single match without the dreaded "a communication error has occurred'. I've tried every rumored solution: changing the DNS settings, changing the WiFi frequency and channel, moving the router around, nothing. So I bought one of these USB LAN adapters hoping that might help.

Nope. What gives? I'm on a bog standard cable internet connection in a big city that is rock solid for literally every other game on every other platform I've ever used it on. How loving hard is it to allow me to play Mario Kart? Please tell me there's a reason, a solution, beyond "lol Nintendo".

I have disconnected from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe literally once ever across wired, 2.4GHz wireless, and 5GHz wireless, also between TV, tabletop, and handheld modes. I'm not going to say there aren't problems somewhere, but I've hardly ever experienced one myself.

I got a few communication errors in the Splatfest test fire but never during a match. I'm not sure what's happening with your setup. It could very well be a hardware defect.

e: I dropped a match against a JP player in Puyo Tetris the other day, but he was also losing, so it could have been a rage quit? I can't say for sure.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Disclaimer: I am trash at Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

I'm so trash at it I won't even buy it, lol. Without something like a N64 dpad there's not much point in me playing Tetris, I found. The Wii eshop Tetris was good for the price I guess.

The JoyCon Dpad actually gives me the most precision in play. Although, I believe you can also use something like the Pokken controllers for it, as it natively works now. Maybe you can find a good solution!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Welp. I'll download it in the morning, I guess!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Splatoon split-screen would be an atrocious experience, and I can't figure out why anyone would want it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Even with the Dualies, no less.

The simple hard truth about split-screen Splatoon is the hardware can't handle it. All that ink has to be dynamically rendered four times over, and it's not exactly a light load on the processor to start with.

If the system could handle it in 4K, it would still be awful.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Guy Goodbody posted:

How do people already have 100% video walkthroughs for Splatoon 2 on Youtube?

There was a video featuring the final boss fight and ending two days before the game released.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I used Vita voice chat playing Helldivers.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Have you seen Master Mummy's rear end?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Real hurthling! posted:

is that omega force? dqh runs kinda like butt on switch so I hope they figure it out

It's Marvelous proper, and also, it's a port of a Vita game, so it'll run fine.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

El Burbo posted:

It's closer to being a port of the ps4 version

The PS4 version is a port of the Vita version.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

El Burbo posted:

The ps4 version (and switch version) runs at 60fps and has more enemies on screen, as well as slightly upgraded graphics. Also they were released at the same time so neither is a port of the other

Breath of the Wild?????

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Cojawfee posted:

Does anyone still hold a candle for Bomberman R?

I still enjoy it. Multiplayer is fun.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mister Facetious posted:

If your favorite part of FFT was grinding classes and watching numbers go up, it's better.

If you liked the story, it's worse.

If you like anime, it's better

I love FFT, and outside of Laharl and the gang, every anime aspect of Disgaea has been insufferable for me. And I'm the Nep apologist.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

TFRazorsaw posted:

How is USF2 as a port anyway? Is it decent at least?

My FGC friends say it's broken and terrible and that there hasn't been a perfect video game since 3rd Strike, so take that for what it's worth, I guess.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dizz posted:

broken and terrible in what ways? or are they just saying it because most FGC dudes hate everything that isn't marvel or some obscure anime fighter

My FGC friends and acquaintances are super spergy about frame data, balance updates, and tech changes, with some very huge biases caused by nostalgia goggles and how they feel things *should* be in games they play. If you're looking for some SF2 fun, you'll probably like it. If you want to get competitive and start looking into meta, it will exhaust you, and you will probably hate it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

He lost his mind in July 2016 when everyone found out the Switch was not a PS4 Pro killer and he didn't know anything about what he was talking about.

I mean, it's not not a PS4 Pro killer. I haven't touched my other consoles since March 3rd, 2017.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

why the heck are so many people so excited about mayonnaise

like, all the ketchup people are like "yeah, ketchup is pretty good!" and the mayo people are like "i eat that poo poo straight from the loving jar, and i'm also including miracle whip because i'm a broken person" or "i'm only including kewpie, the superior nippon mayonnaise"

it's making the plaza very uncomfortable!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Tekopo posted:

more vile propaganda from the tomato jam lobby

i will paint the town red with your ink

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Like, should we be applying ALL mayo blends? Because most ketchup blends are super good, but I don't know if they count.

It should be default mayo vs default ketchup.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

chaleski posted:

Vroom In The Night Sky

Sorry, Vroom owns.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Louisgod posted:

what the actual gently caress is wrong with people

Lemme tell you about Granblue Fantasy...

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

You can't massage anyones thighs in Granblue???

NOT ANYMORE, YOU CAN'T

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

a.lo posted:

my two dads have a nintendo switch and splatoon 2 but the internet is so bad I literally can’t stay connected to one match

tell your two dads to get two better internets

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Cojawfee posted:

Youtube when?

Considering the 3DS was hacked using its own YT app, I'm going to say... never. At least not for a very long time.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Some people can only play Tetris on a 4-gate arcade stick. It just takes a bit by of adjustment.

You want the best PPT experience, though? Pokken controllers.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Real hurthling! posted:

Lol

And then to say the switch isnt mostly ports with mario kart, a nearly identical splatoon, pokken, etc.

You blind, fool.

What in the world are people expecting from a Splatoon sequel that would be so fundamentally different from the original? Like, when Doom 2 came out, did everyone complain that it should have just been a $5 WAD file?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

lelandjs posted:

Your feedback has been noted.

ZDF! ZDF! ZDF!

• Locked thread