Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I really want to get a Switch, but for some reason the game I'm most interested in is Skyrim which I've already invested a billion hours in on 360.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Yeah speaking of indie games I also really want to get Stardew Valley and Darkest Dungeon, two other games I also already own.

I'd get BotW at some point for sure because Zelda is never not great. IDK why I'm not more interested in buying it first though.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Well I ordered a Switch and Mario Odyssey. I can't believe they actually had the things in stock on Amazon.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Are you saying my cheap USB electrical plug is the reason my phone's battery is about to explode?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

DD is really tedious on my laptop (gets too hot, have to plug in the mouse, etc.), so it would probably still be better even with tiny text. I could limit it to just docked play anyway.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The only way to play Skyrim and not go insane is to act like you're in a movie. Ride your horse everywhere or only fast travel via carriages. Don't hoard cheese wheels. etc

Also I only pick up items that are worth at least 10x their weight. This is key. Otherwise it takes like 10 trips to fully clear a dungeon.

I really want to replay my favorite build that mostly relied on illusions and 2-hand axes.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Beastie posted:

Question from an overall RPG noob:

Where should I be selling my stuff in Skyrim? Merchants only carry so much gold. Do they replenish every day/week? Do I sell weapons to blacksmiths and random food bits to inn keepers? The economy of the game always confused me.

There are merchants in every city, and you just gotta figure out the optimal route and schedule for selling your stuff. I forget how often they replenish. Sell weapons/armor to a smith, and dump everything else at the general goods store (like Belethor in Whiterun). If you load up on loot again before the merchants have replenished their cash, go to the next city in your rotation and sell there. If this gets too tedious and you feel like you'd rather be out smashing trolls, then just go do that. There's always more loot.

If you actually enjoy the looting/selling routine more than smashing trolls, then there's an entire skill tree (speech) that helps you get better deals and even increase merchant gold reserves. You can also do the thief guild quest line for similar perks.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Yeah you can just use the fast-wait option for 2 days, but ugh my immersion

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

My Switch delivery has been delayed till Monday and I am pissed.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

People want a game where you play as Zelda but quite frankly I think a more progressive idea would be a game were Link destroys Zelda's monoarchy and puts an end to feudalism.

You play as Zelda in every game though...?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Super Mario World: 96

:smug:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I thought people were going to be more hyped about that sale

Oh, I missed your post, but now I'm thinking about getting Mario + Rabbids. IDK, it's on my "eventually" list but I wanted to get some other ones first...

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

teh_Broseph posted:

If you can game while exercising either your exercise is too easy so you can focus on the game or the game you're playing sucks cause it's not interesting enough to focus on. Stick with catching up on your TV shows (Hulu on Switch!) unless you have a busted leg and can only pedal the equivalent of 5mph or something.

I think you'll find that your exercise is too easy if you can focus on a TV show.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

the power of walking.

This guy didn't play Nintendo Switch during his 2200 mile walk!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Square Enix considering Seiken Densetsu collection for English release. (also the SD2 remake being considered for Switch)

http://www.usgamer.net/amp/the-secret-of-mana-remake-is-being-considered-for-the-nintendo-switch

quote:

Oyamada also wonders if westerners will understand Seiken Densetsu 3 is linked to the Mana series since the title has never received any kind of official release outside Japan.

This seems very out of touch with their US market. The only people who have even heard of the Mana series have already emulated SD3.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Man it would be kinda cool to go digital with all of my Switch games, but that's not really viable is it? They take up a lot of space..

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Can you cycle between multiple SD cards or will that confuse it somehow? Like, this one is my RPG card, this one is my indie card, etc.?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

This is tough. I've always loved collecting physical copies of games, but I also appreciate my digital Steam and 3DS libraries.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Which controller would be best as my #2 if I want to do a lot of local coop? If I get a pro am I gonna wish I had more than the original two joycons?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Well drat maybe I should just get the pro as my #1. Wouldn't want two lovely controllers.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I can't bring myself to sell any games, even the bad ones.

I still regret selling my NES zapper when I was like 8. And I rebought N64 Army Men Air Combat years later after also selling it as a kid. I still haven't replaced Donkey Kong 64 though...

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Oh yeah and I regret selling my blue GB Pocket. That thing was badass.

I just remembered though that I found another NES zapper at an estate sale a while back. Go to estate sales if you want old video game stuff. Every old couple has a NES in their attic that hasn't been touched in decades.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I went to Gamestop for the first time in like 15 years to buy another pair of Joycons and lol, they charge $10 more than Amazon and one of the buttons is messed up.

I know they were selling used games as new a while ago, but do they do that with accessories too?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Overcooked is hilarious btw and I have no idea how we're ever going to get 3 stars on most of these levels.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm still going to keep using my 3DS as my portable option. The Switch is cool for playing around the house, but I can't imagine taking it on the bus or something.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

$20/year is practically nothing. I won't even notice the annual charge on my card.

If it comes with retro games like they promised, then it's gonna be great.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It’s you. The one guy playing exclusively docked.

I can personally attest that planeswitching and trainswitching are both sublime and you’re missing out.

I mean yeah I have a really nice big TV.

I might bring it on my next 15-hour flight, but I could also just bring my 3DS and not have to worry about anything happening to my more expensive and fragile (?) Switch.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

How is $20/year not a bargain? You pay for online service with consoles now. It's just how it works. $20 is below average.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

"bad" to "can't play if you're left-handed" is a weird scale

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I was lying awake in bed in the middle of the night trying to go to sleep and had an epiphany about how to solve an SMO jumping puzzle. I wasn't even thinking about the game and suddenly YOU HAVE TO DO A HAT JUMP

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Are you supposed to be turned on by how traumatized they look? What the gently caress

Fitzy Fitz fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 3, 2018

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The covers don't have to be posted in this thread btw

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Is the blur supposed to be like a forced-perspective/tilt-shift thing to make everything look miniature? It kinda looks like that.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/960574616111583234

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Who the gently caress didn't already know that

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I tried the DQ Builders demo, built some buildings, collected some resources... I can't tell if I like it or not. Is there ever anything like a tower defense element to it?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The motion controls in Odyssey are pretty fun but not at all necessary to play the game. I just don't do fancy hat throws when I'm playing mobile.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

When do people find the time to watch YouTube personalities? Serious question, not rhetorical. Do you just listen to them like podcasts or do you actually watch the videos?

Unrelated but I've fallen back down the Skyrim hole on Switch and even modless it's so nice to have portable Skyrim with gyro bow aiming. I think I might actually finish the main quest for the first time ever.

My wife is about to be out of the country for 3 weeks, and I'm basically gonna be glued to Switch Skyrim for the entire duration. Taking ideas for builds itt

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

If crossbow motion controls are the same as regular bow motion controls then I'm totally gonna do a crossbow 2-hand axe build. I still haven't played the expansions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Hammer Bro. posted:

I had a lot of fun as an archer. An archer-only archer. As in, if you can't kill it with a bow or a crossbow, you can't kill it.

This leads to a lot of interesting awkwardness early game when ammo is short, combined with feeling like an absolute baller once you can summon a bound bow (with its own arrows).

Bonus points if, after getting bound bow, you sell all your regular bows, contract vampirism, and happen to not have enough mana to cast bound bow when exposed to the sunlight.

It led to a lot of Benny Hill style moments of me finding some bandit-packed ruins during the daytime then running around with a tail of baddies in tow until I could find an entrance, hop inside, summon my bow, then come out and murder.

For 60 seconds. Then at some point, poof! Gotta find shelter again.

I am glad you enjoy this but there's no way I'm not just gonna pull out my hammer and smash if I end up in that situation.

• Locked thread