Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Hey everybody I've been playing Master Duel for past week and have been having a blast! I'm running Cyber Dragons, and Thunder Dragons as my main decks since the last time I payed attention to YGO was in 2018-2019 when the latter was meta. I just hit Platinum, so I think I'm doing decently well for myself. I even OTK'd a guy with his own card to get there!

Also fortunately I haven't fought Drytons yet, so I don't know why they're apparently the most hated deck in the game. What's their deal, and what's my counterplay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Oh what the hell, a new season already? I thought I had more time than that. I was Plat Tier 3 you bastards. :argh:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Managed to make a 3rd complete deck (True Draco) while being entirely F2P, I guess I'm ready for those special tourneys now since this doesn't have an extra deck. :v:

That said, playing a couple matches in solo mode, True Draco seems kind of vulnerable to hand-traps or just getting beat over. Any tips for playing around that?

Also I guess I'll aim for Zoodiac Tri-Brigade now to have a meta deck in the stables. I got most of the deck except the URs but I'm now completely spent on Gems, SR, UR points. :negative:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Nevermind, True Draco got me from Gold I to Plat V on its own. :toot:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Do we know which event is next from datamining? I hope it's not Synchros.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Evil Hot Dog should be a real card and it made me realize we STILL haven't gotten Hungry Burger support.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Vandar posted:

There’s also a three minute time limit on sidedecking and with as slow as MD is, good luck switching out the entire deck.

With favorited cards 3 minutes is plenty of time. :shrug:

And man I am imagining the game 2 rage switches.

"Oh boy I can't wait to test out this new deck!"

*Gets OTK'd turn 2 and side decks to a full Drytron list* "Listen here u little poo poo"

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

There are a handful of fusion archetypes that can use your opponent's monster as fuel to make your own big monsters, if that fits the bill.

And one of those fusion archetypes, Cyber Dragons, has a boss monster that absorbs opponent's monsters as "ammo" for a negate effect.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Honestly I just used the loaners on the one that gave 200 gems and the mate base. Everything else I just stomped with my regular deck because what do I need more Legacy Pack garbage for?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Charles Bukowski posted:

It's a dragon ruler. It's not a dragon ruler like people just say things are a dragon ruler. It's just a dragon ruler.

Block, Dragon Ruler of Legos. :v:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Let's be honest, Monster Reborn's weird crystal jellyfish is way more iconic than the uncensored ankh in the OCG.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

It is pretty lovely that Konami still doesn't credit individual artists when literally every other card game does now.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I will wholeheartedly support whoever wants to draw that many boners.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I'm hoping we won't see that ban list for a while in MD because two of my favorite decks are fusion based and use Verte Anaconda pretty heavily.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

Paleozoics, obviously.

And, speaking of Paleozoics, check out THIS disasterpiece:

Paleozoic Kaiju.

Do you have a full deck list or a better resolution pic? I want to try this deck but I can't identify every card.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I just made a Metalfoes deck but I've only played in solo mode because I still don't know what my actual win conditions are.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Speaking of Ancient Warriors, why does do Tri-Brigade decks use Double Dragon Lords when it looks like the deck can't even summon it? What am I missing?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The brick v brick games are the funniest imo

https://youtu.be/DZyveHGupYw?t=30

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I just realized the Steam version of Master Duel has Steam trading cards for this trading card game with names like "Monster Art 1" and "Monster Art 2". :effort:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Dabir posted:

Even good decks often have choke points where Ashing them right there will cut the combo off early and give you a fighting chance.

In fact this means Ash isn't an automatic combo breaker and can be misplayed if used at the wrong time. Or even played around by playing less important combo pieces to bait out Ashes.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Is the gem cost the same?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

You won't see much Drytrons until Platinum really. Silver is as mentioned, people trying to be Yugi/Kaiba. Gold is people using more off-color archetypes, and the occasional DD bot. Platinum is DD/meta deck hell until Plat I where people start loving around again because they can't de-rank anymore.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Zodack posted:

I am loving that Konami didn't even re-evaluate the Duel Pass progress and it's brainless easy to level again.

I'm seeing people mad that it's 72 days instead of 90 for some reason.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Cleretic posted:

So I was talking to someone who tried, and failed miserably, at explaining a mill deck they got beaten by that was some kind of zombie-based deck where, every time a zombie 'did something' (he could not remember, but it clearly happened a lot), cards were pitched from his deck.

Anyone have any idea what he was playing against? I can't speak to how good he was playing, so it's possible he was falling prey to a dumb rogue strat, but I'm just kinda lost as to what he might've been describing.

Probably a Soul-Absorbing Bone Tower deck.

Something like this: https://ygoprodeck.com/bone-tower-mill-ft-zombie-world/

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I got both Baronne de Fleur and Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon in the same 10 pull. I guess I'm doing Speedroids too? Anyone have a deck list that uses Baronne?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Iserlohn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htzmbRX95Mc

Sub out the crossout designators for your hand traps of choice. You may even be able to get away with more since O-lion is legal. This event is going to be very silly with Maxx C.

Also took a peek at the banlist and they really want you to be on Synchro this event. Herald is banned and other Ritual decks got hit, including Blue-Eyes (lol). Eldlich still banned. True Draco got hit.

I think if you want the absolute cheapest deck, Pacifis is still okay. Phantasm Spiral is at 1, but more importantly Sea Stealth is at 3. Cheapest Synchro deck might be... Cardian? That Ursarctic list above is neat.

I decided to use this deck list, as it's actually made with MD in mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz395XxfIzw

I managed to get everything except a 2nd Crystal Wing and Fast Dragon, but Duel Pass dust should fix that soon enough.

The only thing is what should I replace that 1 Link monster with for the Synchro event.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Cyber Dragons are fun and a good choice for the upcoming fusion event.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Zore posted:

I got enough gems and mats out of this event and the new season to craft 2 new decks so I'm happy.

Thunder Dragons are fun to play.

Chaos Thunder Dragons is my most played deck, so I can confirm it's indeed Fun.

Thinking about running a pure fusion variation for the next event, but I'm not sure what to add besides more copies of Thunder Dragon Fusion, Super Poly and the usual targets.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

The only deck I play that's affected by that is Tri-Brigade and Fraktall to 2 isn't even that bad.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Some people are coping speculating this isn't the full list. Since it's just moving stuff into/off Limited and Semi-Limited and the full list will have the actually banned stuff.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I will say that Master Duel is waaay easier to make decks with than Duel Links as it's weirdly generous with its currency and crafting. I've made 4 fully viable decks with all sorts of Ultra Rares, 1 being a meta deck, without paying a dime. While Duel Links will make you grind much more for longer to avoid paying up.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I haven't watched the anime past GX, but Rhongo seems like an overpowered anime card they brought into the game verbatim.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Ardeem posted:

Did the errata the card, or is Yata-lock back?

They errata'd Chaos Emperor Dragon a long time ago, and errata'd Sangan/Witch's effect so you can't activate effects of the cards they search on the same turn. So technically yes, but it's a lot harder to pull off because you have to clear the opponent's hand and monsters through other means now.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I'm gonna use Dragon Link and make the U.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

So I didn't bother to get to Platinum last season and got dropped down to Silver. I'm rank climbing again and is everyone in Silver and Gold either braindead or a badly programmed bot? The last 5 duels I've had the opponent didn't even play or even draw a single card. I won each time either via timeout or a failed connection.

EDIT: 6 times now, and it's always been a Japanese name, default avatar, and a Rescue Rabbit mate.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

There’s a new bot that just wastes your time in a bid to get you to surrender so as not to waste your time. I had like 6 of them in a row on my way up from Gold 2 to Plat 5, I thought I was gonna just get a straight shot up to Plat without any hassle but the last guy was an actual person.

That's loving stupid. :psyduck:

At least D.D. bots had an above 50% winrate.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Cleretic posted:

They also unbanned Spellbook of Judgement, holy poo poo.

What the actual gently caress

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I like the Albaz storyline a lot and to a much lesser extent the World Legacy storyline but removing them from the context of being YuGiOh card art and turning them into a full series would just make them fairly generic fantasy anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

It is remarkable about how generous Master Duel is with its currencies.