Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

MI3 was a fun movie but I found Keri Russell's death to be so horrifying for some reason that it gives me pause to rewatch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Inzombiac posted:

I liked it well enough but I don't think Karen Gillian has the charisma to lead. She did wonders for Nebula but otherwise I'm not convinced.

I thought she did fine in Dual, although Riley Stearns's style isn't exactly emotive.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I dunno why Leguizamo has so much goodwill with me, since as far as I can tell, I've never actually liked a movie he's in, but I'm always pleasantly surprised when he shows up.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

I'll tell Keanu you said that. Why do you want to make Keanu sad?

I legit forgot he was in the first couple John Wicks, but I was also pleasantly surprised seeing him in them.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

null_pointer posted:

The Prestige was just wild, for me. When I finished it, I recognized that I had just seen an incredibly well made film, but I despised Bale and Jackman's character(s) and never wanted to watch it again.

The Prestige and The Banshees of Inisherin make for a hell of a feel bad double feature.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

The action in Monkey Man looked like poo poo aside from the last action sequence. The combination of extreme close ups, shallow focus, and shaky cam was really disorienting and unpleasant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

5 through 7 are a good trilogy, but I would still start with 1 at least. You can probably skip to 5 afterwards, but you can stop over on 3 to watch the introduction of the best character and the scene that is referenced/shown in like half these films (3, 6, 7, 9?).