Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
[Ask] Me About Lacerate/Dominating Blow/Elemental Hit/Arc all being good and Very Viable Forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

..btt posted:

I have a specific question on lacerate actually - I generally do a life-based 2h lacerate slayer for early, cheap uber lab farming, but I do resolute technique and use Kondo's to keep it super cheap. Is there any straightforward way to covert to a crit build so it can scale higher without a shaper weapon? Or will this require buying an expensive rare foil(?) and stacking accuracy?

It certainly would require much more expensive gear, since your gearing profile and tree would have to change significantly. Going RT reduces the stat dependency considerably, and while the effectiveness is going to go down in 3.0, I'm still fairly certain it'll break all content over it's knee. Bottom line is that I think Shaper weapon is actually much cheaper than trying to shoehorn all the rest of the stuff you need on your gear. And your damage goes down if you go to a 1H (damage nodes from slayer,) anyway.

TLDR my first thoughts are that it would be much more difficult/expensive to make a crit lacerate slayer to be that much more effective than rt lacerate slayer

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Unlucky7 posted:

Should I take any elemental resist nodes that I can get at in the passive tree, or could that be covered by equipment?

The lion's share of your resists will come from gear. Some of the nodes you will take either through pathing, or incidentally, will have resists on them.

Outside of that, there will be case-by-case situations where you could maybe sacrifice one or two passives so you can slot some ridiculous piece of gear, or you manage to find a piece of gear that gives you enough +stats to drop one of your +30 stat nodes that you can then spend on resistance instead that you need.

In general, resistances on nodes/jewels are edge cases that don't have any hard and fast rules

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Vasudus posted:

So since Hyaon's Fury is now 1% damage taken per frenzy down from 3%, I want to do something with it this league. 10% damage taken is a lot more manageable. I just don't know what.

Blade Flurry or Lacerate

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Also please join discord if you are a new player who has questions

we luv 2 answer questions when we should be working

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
i would be 100% okay with a d3 rift-esque system that allowed me to just open a level appropriate random zone and let me murder stuff instead of having to (literally) just speed through the acts to get to the end

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Vasudus posted:

It's really refreshing to play a character that is all rares except two pieces (mainhand and boots). I can probably get chaos capped and still have room to play.

Yeah; GGG has gone completely overboard on unique saturation and many players forget that many builds are perfectly fine with lots of rares, which, as you say, can lead to a lot of nice defensive payoffs!

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Starforge Lacerate is still insanely powerful.

I logged onto Standard the other day, and rebuilt my exact tree, with the exact same gems (none of the new ones) and gear and proceeded to deathless do all guardians & shaper with my old Cospris+Starforge slayer.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Mr. Despair posted:

You won't see them either unless you use remnants of corruption on the top tier essences that spawn naturally.

Can you post a link to your character? I'm leveling a starforge lacerate right now, would be interested to see how your build compares to the guide I was following.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/pokchu/characters

po_d is the guy; like i said, everything is exactly the way it was in 2.6 and still stomped everything

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
3-4 ex

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Whoever was asking about Vaal Temple: Depending on the map mods, it can be harder than Shaper by a healthy margin.

Of course, it can also be straight impossible with a few combinations of mods.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Goa Tse-tung posted:

it's from the old thread:

I have way less dps (cospris nerf, 5 link, rare helmet with 120 life, cheap jewels, no sins rebirth), and haven't tried shaper

the vaal temple kill was p good because I used Maim and a 36% qual Temp Chains to kite the last guy

Lacerate feels super comfortable on this guy, especially when it's some rear end in a top hat cycloning past you and you driveby swipe his rear end all the way :v:

I also went back after 3.0 dropped and did the exact same tree, with no gear/gem/skill changes and managed to wipe all guardians + shaper deathless

it's still really good, nerfs barely touched it (at least at my gear level on that guy)

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

You just have to player much more, and more efficiently.

This point always gets made, but I think it gets overlooked and dismissed a lot, but it's absolutely true.

The least-intrusive way to "make money" is to sell valuable things which drop. You can either run maps/zones that specific things can drop (Shaper, Atziri, Guardians, Council, etc.) or you can just plow through below-limit maps as quickly as possible (like, 90 seconds quick.) That's how you end up with Shavs, Sin's Rebirth, Belly, or whatever standard uniques actually sell decently.

Other than that, you're looking at methods which are increasingly more "metagame" intensive. Farming and chain running prophecies is a good example, which I used to good effect at the end of my time in Legacy to amass roughly 7500 chaos by league's end. But that requires buying and maintaining a large stock of silver coins, spending a non-insignificant amount of time culling crappy prophecies, and then finally running zones and maps to trigger the good ones.

Then you get into things like currency flipping and what-not, that have you spending more time out of game than in.

If you just want to make money while playing the game as intended, it comes down to doing things incredibly fast and mindlessly (Bisco's collar is a new development that makes this method even more viable.)

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

The Wonder Weapon posted:

A. What's the ranking of best movement skills? I'm a two-handed slayer, for what that matters.

B. I feel like I've hit a wall with my gear. Profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/eschatoned/characters Character 'cyberermom" Here's the build I'm working from: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1859077

When I look at the items he's got equipped and what I've got, the differences seem to be 1. 6l, 2. Kaom's Heart, 3. Atziri's Acuity. The rest of it is basically the same. I could buy a Taste of Hate I guess, and of course the Kaom's Heart. He specifically says that you should try to get Acuity before getting 6l. So then it becomes a question of is it worth it to drop ~400c on a Heart when I could be saving that for an Acuity?

It basically feels like the only meaningful upgrade is the Heart, and it's possibly not even worth buying and instead saving my dough for Acuity.

My personal preference is 6L+5L, with you main attack skill in your 6L and the safety of extra dps/utility Ancestral Warchief in the 5L linked to blind, instead of a heart.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
starforge slayer: run vuln + temp chains on blashphemy you turds

in an idea world you throw in a 4 link: Blasphemy + Vulnerability + Temp Chains + Enhance.

If you throw a Lvl 4 enhance into say, a +1 gems atziri's step, you get an insanely massive +32% qual bonus on the curses. Temp chains alone gets something absurd like 67% speed reduction in that case

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

TheRat posted:

Mao Kun hits incredibly hard, actually. Monsters deal (175-190)% extra Damage as Lightning + Monsters gain 3 Power Charges every 20 seconds means the boss crits very hard, and just to make it worse he uses spectral throw which hits multiple times if you're in the sweetspot.

While legacy was generally a league which fast tracked you to being completely overpowered, Mao Kun could completely mess you up when you threw leaguestone mods at it.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

John Lee posted:

Nah, you misunderstand. I'm like level 25-ish, and there's always public groups with 4-5 people, all in different areas. I'm not JOINING these groups, because they're not, y'know, actually grouping in any significant way. I just thought it was weird and was wondering if there was any benefit to doing so.

I mean, there's a ranking ladder for every league? Seems pretty competitive to me, but maybe I don't know much about it.

A ranking ladder exists, it's simply pointless since you'll never be in the top 100.

Also you barely even get anything for it.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Goa Tse-tung posted:

last night I had a corrupted chimera past 3rd stage and was ready to invite goons... and my totem slayer-culled him :negative:

that'll happen a lot

at least phase 3 izaro doesn't exist for you!

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Windripper farming is a thing again

If windripper ele hit is a thing next league I'm publishing a guide for sure

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Making your own builds can be fun and rewarding!

The problem is that those builds being any good requires 10x the effort and planning

Source: I've done uber atziri with one of the best AND one of the worst skills in game

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
depending on how much you're balling out of control, you can get the ultimate leveling unique, Abberath's Hooves, and literally run through the game with 5 QS flasks

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
I've always thought they should have Descent Champions as an always available "arcade mode" with weekly/monthly leaderboards.

I would pay money for this feature.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Infinite Karma posted:

Speaking of Bisco's, one with a good roll (137 rare/95 normal/19 implicit) just dropped for me. I'm new and poor as poo poo (I have less than 1 exalt to my name, maybe 50c in valuable currency). It's my second valuable unique, after Doomfletch's Prism. Would I be better off selling it, or farming with it on?

Farming with it on. It pays for itself extremely quickly.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
lowball offers for ones in the 70-74% range. you likely aren't in a position to be willing to pay the "Perfect Premium" for an item, but you can get a 74% for probably 10C if you're stubborn enough. You can spend 1C on a whatever rolled one, then once an hour or so spam a bunch of unpriced ones on poe.trade

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
One of my favorite things about the PoE thread that always seems to happen is people forgetting how much more DBK has played than them.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

10bux posted:

It entered my mind! ST is great for when I wanna do HoWa or BLS or something and don't wanna have to melee with them, but the single target damage from barrage or TS with all those extra projectiles is just way to strong. Plus, I'm going to be stacking as much lightning damage as possible, and would probably have a much lower crit chance using ST. Although, HOWA ST and the retch wouldnt be too bad.

Raider's loving fantastic, especially when looking at your shaper DPS on POB, but I played a lot as Wander, and I've used Blood Rage + Tempest helm the whole league so Frenzies just arnt that desirable too me. Well they are, just not in the same way power charges that give 12% increased damage per charge are. Plus, shadow will allow me to drop Diamond Flask which is a biggie.

Lioneye Bow is nice, but doesn't compare to a Harbinger or Windripper in an crit focused bow build.

Go for broke: Elemental Hit Windripper build

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

TheRat posted:

Fun fact: Back in the day people were complaining that shock was too powerful. Only problem was that shock was bugged and didn't actually do anything at all.

I remember this.

Placebo effect is a bastard.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

look upon my ventors ye mighty, and despair

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Somebody forgot to turn their profiles to private.

in case they all get banned:

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Yeah, that's not an amateur operation, except for the whole public profile thing.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

silvergoose posted:

Yeah that was my other real option. How do I ensure getting enough armor on it? Just get a nice high base and if somehow I get a full set of affixes without enough armor, scour and retry it, and I can enchant if there's open slots? Something like that?

Honestly, you really aren't that far off of Starforge, and prices on them are dropping every day.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

silvergoose posted:

Okay so if you remember me asking about what to get next in heavy strike juggs

I found a belly of the beast and another exalt and have kept selling poo poo, and I'm now up to 4ex 100c

This is definitely enough to buy a starforge, but not enough to buy a 6L starforge, and I'd have to sell ex at 72c each which is probably worth doing but :timingthemarket:

Should I just bite the bullet, sell three ex, buy a starforge, and maybe a jeweler's touch to 5L it? I'm consistently running yellow maps and wrecking them, and can beat uber lab reasonably well but not for full keys. Need more life and more damage, weirdly enough.

Buy the starforge, 6S it, and then start throwing fuses at it until you get it to 5L.

Then start saving up your fuses, and when you get a big chunk, start spamming them. Once you get to around 100 fuses or so, stop fusing once you 5L it back.

repeat forever until you get your 6L.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
What's with the hate for linking your own stuff? I can't even remember the time I bought a 6L, either from vorici or trade

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Vasudus posted:

The PoE RMT guy was hired to dismantle the RMT markets as much as they can. I have no idea if they were successful or not, but that's the official answer.

They were not successful.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Elentor posted:

Looking at my spreadsheets I make an average of 30c per hour per league. I use rodent's uber strict filter. I have no idea how I could improve that.

The two highest sells I did was an alt-art storm cloud and a helm enchanted with, I believe Ancestral Warchief, for 15 ex. Other than that single big ticket, how do people make money on uber lab in general?

Play more hours

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I imagine most people getting rich are playing the economy, not the game. And they're not going to tell you about it.

People think that there are a bunch of "ONE WEIRD TRICK" methods to generate wealth. There really aren't. The ones that do exist are very few and far between.

The reality of Path of Exile is that it's a game gated by dice rolls. The way to get good dice rolls is by giving yourself more opportunities for dice rolls. The way you do that is by either playing more efficiently, or simply playing more.

There's really no secret.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Holyshoot posted:

When there are goons ITT saying they might stop picking up 6s item I can see how you would think this.

Those people are idiots and more likely than not not actually wealthy.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Lechtansi posted:

I basically funded an Kaoms Heart by picking up jewelers and 6s. Aside from the occasional thing that would sell for over 10c, I fund everything via pocket change.

"Pocket change" is a vastly underrated source of wealth. If you aren't picking up everything greater than a transmute, you're missing out on a lot more than you think.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

silvergoose posted:

I mean, even rodent's strict filter includes alts and everything more valuable than that currency wise.

Just because it doesn't get filtered doesn't mean it gets picked up. Lots of people decline to pick up tons of stuff, and you'd see it all the time when pub groups were more of a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Always-available descent/champions as an "arcade mode" with like monthly leaderboards or something would be so good & cool and i've made this post like six times in this thread (and its ancestors)