Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

queeb posted:

from old thread

2h or facebreaker for grandpa totems? 2h has the constant upgrading a weapon but has more gem slots plus a disfavor eventually. But facebreaker has a shield and no need for a weapon.

Biggest difference is whether you prefer to use Shield Charge or Leap Slam as a movement skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Quixzlizx posted:

So I'm guessing SRS is the only summoning build that doesn't require a king's ransom of gear to be viable?

If by viable you mean being able to blitz Shaped Strands in under a few minutes, then probably. Zombos and specters doesn't really need anything special to be viable if you're wanting or okay with a more chill and slower playstyle.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Aren't most EE builds ones where your primary attack isn't self-cast like totems, traps, or minions? I'd imagine that trying to get it to work with storm burst is more trouble than it's worth.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Totemdad is always a good starter since it requires nothing other than a beefy weapon or Facebreakers depending on which flavor you want.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I was purged during Legacy and finally have some time to play 3.0.

If someone could toss a guild invite to WatchTeenWolfOnMTV, I'd appreciate it!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Crafted this from scratch, I like exalts being so cheap you can just slam them on random stuff.

That's a nice chest.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

If there's any room opening up in the guild, I'd love to get a reinvite:

WatchTeenWolfOnMTV

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Yas posted:

If I am capable of tier 11-12 maps and want to supplement my drops with the Chaos Orb vendor recipe, do I need to I run lower tier maps to get (at least 1) ilvl 60-74 gear?

If you're capable of maintaining a red map pool, then the chaos recipe is likely an inefficient use of your time.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

You think I'd be far behind in DPS terms if I went Chieftain instead for facebreakin'? The taunting and more durable totems and free leech sound nice.

The totem taunt is actually more useful than the leech a lot of the time and honestly Chieftan isn't far behind Zerker for dps due to the monsters near totem take 16% increased damage node.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Might be worth divining since I believe the swords mod can go to 16% and life can obviously hit 7%.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

As a reminder, only having 50% resistance instead of the capped 75% means you're effectively taking double damage from that element. Even being close with 70% resist still means you're taking 20% more damage than expected.

Cap your resists, even if it means using a basalt flask in the short run.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

The best use of white and yellow sextants is to modify nearby maps of higher categories.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Well start by bless rolling that 17% to 20%

Look at this guy thinking they go to 20

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I think there was just a lot of inertia leftover from the long period of time where clearspeed always trumped using dedicated MF gear. Bisco's definitely seems to go against GGG's stated philosophy in the last that they don't want people to feel like they have to use MF gear.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Yeah I mean I'll be very surprised if berserker and Bisco's aren't nerfed/changed in 3.1.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Leap slam has always felt better to me than shield charge. I realize I'm in the minority here, but just wanted to throw that out there.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Desecrate traps

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Last time I played was when they added Acts 5-10, but I’m thinking of coming back for 3.9.

The brand skills are new to me. They seem like a hybrid of self-casting, traps, and totems. Any recommendations on class/ascendency for trying out a Storm Brand build?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I think it depends on how experienced you are at PoE and whether the character is a league starter or is inheriting wealth from your stash later in the league.

If you’re new and still learning mechanics or don’t have a stash of currency/ES gear ready to go, I’d be more likely to start as hybrid and swap over later.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

“Solo” self found

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I haven’t played since Harbinger, what’s the current thread title in reference to?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Yeah the goal of PoE character building is to do more multiplying than addition

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I haven’t played with Syndicate stuff before. Is this cheat sheet reasonable in terms of rating member assignments to the divisions?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/d50owp/syndicate_cheat_sheet_updated_for_38/

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

DisgracelandUSA posted:

This one is better.

I assume the top color on their portrait is their overall quality and a way to decide priority in giving/taking their ranks before raiding a safehouse?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Remember when this game was literally just A1-3 repeated for three difficulties and Merciless Dominus/Piety farming was the only endgame.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Is there a list of anointments that cross-references their oil cost?

Or is there a general list of cheap anoints to use on low-to-mid tier gear while I build up wealth for high-end stuff?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I should clip Alucard’s “Dark Metamorphosis” from Symphony of the Night to use as my organ drop sound

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

As a Champion with the aura-boosting nodes, I’m a big fan of popping Vaal Grace as an extra defensive layer for map metamorphs.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

The storyline of Acts 1-10 and the endgame of epilogue/mapping/delving are basically two different games that share an engine

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Piano-ing flasks is one of the worst gameplay “features” in PoE. I hope GGG eventually iterates on them more so that they’re not just 5 extra bits of passive gear with the drawback of mashing your keyboard every 4-6 seconds.

It wouldn’t be ideal, but even just letting you officially bind multiple flasks to a single button would be a huge QoL upgrade.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

thehandtruck posted:

We just use flask macros. You can set one up to press more than 1 key too like for example ED and contagion.

Go on...

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Let's talk about the new Molten Shell since it has changed since I last played in Harbinger. Say I have 10k base armor and getting 1k extra armor from MS as my baseline due to gem level and +% armor modifiers. My understanding is that I get 20% of my armor as a bonus HP pool (up to a maximum of 10k bonus HP at 50k armor) that would take 75% of hit damage in place of my regular HP, which in this case would be 2,200 HP. Is that right?

Second question. Does the Molten Shell +150% buff effect helm enchant increase both the bonus armor and the buff HP pool (i.e. does it double dip)? Would I get 50% instead of 20% of my total armor (still up to the 10k max) as the bonus pool? If it does double dip, then I'd get 2.5k bonus armor and my bonus HP pool would be 50% of the combined base 10k plus the increased 2.5k bonus armor, leaving me with just a bit over 6k HP in the bonus pool.

If I'm wrong about the mechanics or in my calculations, let me know!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Thanks, Vasadus!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I’m thinking of trying a self-cast arc assassin with herald of ice explosions. Thoughts on doing this via Three Dragons versus getting lit -> cold conversion?

I’ve got a 4-5 ex budget to get started.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

PoE should just go turned-based like the internal first draft design for Diablo 1.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

For what it’s worth, I find the fossil craft -15 cost to socketed attacks to be the most important mod you can have on your chest as a non-CoC cyclone in terms of overall smoothness of gameplay.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Never forget the short period Veil of the Night was meta and allowed people to delve 5000+ depth.

Go on...

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Lechtansi posted:

Path of Exile: Metamorph - Actually it’s Tane’s Monster

:golfclap:

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Anyone else having more client crashes than usual after the recent patch? Just lost 4 of my Sirus portals to crashes (and died once).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Since the Punishment curse works by giving a buff on hit instead of being a direct debuff like most other curses, can I double dip with it and a cast on hit Assassin’s Mark - will my hit trigger the Punishment buff on me before the Assassin’s Mark replaces it?