Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
hi

I haven't really played this in like 4 years, I only tried it a bit at launch. I installed it recently and it's actually a lot of fun? Anyway, I started again because there was talk of a level sync feature some time ago, is there an ETA for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Papercut posted:

This was me as a few months ago. This game is loving bonkers good now.

It really is :3:

Thanks for the infos friends.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ak Gara posted:

Okay I'll just carfully target this one monst

gently caress

AAAAHHH!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!

what is this, and how do i build it, this looks amazing

vvv: thanks

Truga fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Aug 13, 2018

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I got a level 55 chain shirt with armor + energy shield thing. It has 4+2 blue slots. What are the chances of rolling 6 links on these things with an orb of fusing? Should I just keep grinding hoping I get a 6L and forget about it?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

lamentable dustman posted:

About 1 in 1200

If you can't afford to buy a 6 link you are generally better off farming a tabula

Yikes.

Ehh, I keep getting poo poo with 6 slots now that I'm high enough level, eventually something will drop with 5 or 6 linked slots. I'm very much not struggling yet, apparently I stumbled into the best witch build (spamming arc everywhere) lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of skills and movement, how come there's not a decent diablo clone yet where you can move with buttons/keys and aim with mouse? I'd be really nice to have that simple feature, IMO. Able to move into one direction and cast in the other without swinging the mouse over the drat screen every time.

At least arc just autotargets the closest enemy :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Count Uvula posted:

That's a game that exists and is called Victor Vran.

Holy poo poo this looks nice, thanks. I'll definitely check it out once I'm done with poe :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Oh yes, I've played through that a couple times just for the narrator. It's great

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ak Gara posted:

Now if only they could fix the log in issues.

clicks login...
...30 seconds later... login failed
clicks login...
multiple logins detected
clicks login..logs in

I have this game on some ancient HDDs, because once it's loaded the difference between hdd and ssd load times is basically 2 seconds and it fits into ram super easily so I don't give a poo poo and my SSD is small and full.

But when you first log in, well, it's not loaded yet, so your game loads for 30 seconds and the connection times out. Mine loads so long I never get multiple logins detected, even. :v:

e: found this on the wiki

quote:

--waitforpreload Wait for preloading to finish during startup. This causes the game to not finish the initial loading screen until it has fully loaded all of the stuff that would otherwise be background-loaded during the first moments of play.
Seems to help a bit, but makes the game load forever on first launch :v:

Truga fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 21, 2018

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

George posted:

Shitbeams coming to PoE.

What's the logic behind this, seeing how we already have filters?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Character light radius will do nothing in delve, flares and the minecart will provide light.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Instant casts for certain skills is a great idea.

remember posted:

I followed a build guide and it probably took me 20ish hours to run through the campaign, and I found the later acts to be really tough to get through. If someone went in blind I can see that totally being his experience.

I looked around the internet for some ideas, and also brought some ideas from other online games I've played a lot (constitution/vitality is not a dump stat lol) and am currently level 83 I think, and still having fun. I did stumble into the most broken skill in the game right now apparently though, arc is just amazing

I think it's just the sort of game that you either love or hate, depending on how much you like to try out different and stupid things. I absolutely thrived playing stupid builds nobody else considered in ragnarok online and diablo 2, so this is extremely my cup of tea. I think my next build is going to be a melee occultist. :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
how else are you going to play an arpg if not full clearing every map you enter???

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
a system where you walk up to one of those notice boards like for the events, but there's <items> listed for <currency> there? nah, that's too complicated.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

queeb posted:

so we're getting all this cool poo poo, wonder what nerfs we're getting that this is buttering us up for.

Personally, I'm still waiting for more details on the new party/downleveling thing. I have a bunch of friends we used to play diablo2 together, but we have vastly differing playtimes these days, so having to run 5 characters to play with everyone would suck. If we could play the same character any time but just join the guy that's the lowest level, that'd own a lot.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Being able to just right click anywhere on the loving screen to murder everything on it and a screen away is what I love most about arc, yeah. :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I got the automaton portal from the free apocalypse chest thing for reaching 35 :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

I always pick up every currency. Hail Satan.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
There's no rounding I think

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I can't find any recent totem witch builds, is witch just plain bad for totes?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I've decided to be my usual dumb self and do the melee witch. I think I'm set on molten strike occultist, but since I'm new and this game is complicated here's a couple questions:

Dual wielding apparently increases the speed at which I can spam attack skills. I think I want to use a shield since there's a lot of energy shield to be had on there, but since claws have life drain on them using two of those might be better? I only managed to get to level 36 with my test char and she never died as long as I kept swinging with two claws, but level 36 is still noob zones so :shrug:

Chaos Inoculation is probably a bitch to build right? Especially at league start?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

queeb posted:

im really loving this poo poo so far, delve is just a really nice departure from the normal flow of things.

I also really like that I have full control over how much time I spend in it. Alva incursions were awesome, but the temple could take a lot of time to clear during early levels, and not clearing it meant I couldn't run incursions. I've just opened the portals and then ignored them a couple times when I got bad rooms, but it still felt like a waste, here I just pop in and do a couple trips with the cart, and then pop out again.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Being able to move with keys, even if just in 8 directions, would be goddamn amazing for so many builds, compared to swinging the mouse around the screen constantly, but the fanbase will eat you alive if you suggest it because "HAVE YOU PLAYED ARGPS BEFORE DIABLO@ IS THE BEST", and GGG seems to be at the core of that mentality :(

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I bought all the currency/fragment/etc tabs and didn't get the map tab thinking "eh that's endgame poo poo that doesn't apply to me much" and now i'm at endgame 4 days after league started :negative:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I keep clicking on the crawler trying to pick up poo poo or attack enemies on top of it, I wish there was an option that required holding alt to actually highlight it... I have, in one occasion, clicked on a node and lost a bunch of lovely loot.

Where's the suggestions forum at :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Ancestral Call is a support gem. Attack skills that are linked to Ancestral Call will attack two nearby enemies at the same time, automatically selecting valid targets within range for the attacks.
"equipping ancestral call surely won't help me much. after all, molten strike already explodes everything on a single hit, having a bigger cleave isn't going to help too much" *equips ancestral call in place of damage on full life to test it anyway*

:stonklol:

That's a very weird definition of "in range", I figured that'd mean in weapon range, but no. Molten strike lights up the whole screen now lmao. I've gone from fairly easily keeping up with the mine crawler to setting the pace lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Devor posted:

If you’re killing a boss or other single target try standing just outside melee range but inside ancestral range. You get double buddies instead of your single melee

Yeah, I immediately tried that too. Also, makes a few bosses easier to deal with since they use a different set of skills when you're not sitting directly on top of them.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I just use the shift+click to attack. Also, only 5 projectiles rn, still need a few more levels to reach the last jewel slot. I'm only starting out mapping.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'm playing on eu and have had zero issues that weren't related to my lovely internets fwiw.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Vasudus posted:

Go deep, focused on Azurite nodes. Play safe, upgrade. You don't want to be off exploring with negative darkness resistance and light radius. Should only take a dozen or so Azurite nodes to cap you out, and give you enough of a buffer that you can either upgrade other things like capacity or save it for when your resistances will drop.

Also, before you hit maps you'll constantly be behind on azurite upgrade because I niko keeps digging the main shaft until depth 7x at least, and you'll want to just branch off that to pick up azurites anyway.

Once main shaft stops extending far faster than you can dig, azurite stops being such a chore.

Also, what exactly does shaping a map do? My beach is tier 6 now, but it still spawns lv68 enemies?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
ah that makes sense, thanks

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
How would I go about pricing a 16% totem damage 14% lightning damage and 12% increased global crit chance jewel? There's nothing like it on the trade site so I'm completely unsure, because arc totems are popular right?

vvv: thanks

Truga fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 9, 2018

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Ok so here's a giant nub question: how much dps and effective health should I be looking for to do the 4th lab?

e: oh, also, I've completely stopped getting trials in maps, am I just unlucky or are they only in specific maps?

boo_radley posted:

I'm kinda interested in this. I've had bad luck with jewels so far and this looks decent for my heiro. Playing as delvinsimontheodore

i still have it, pm Truga ingame when you're around, the game keeps saying you're afk :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

whypick1 posted:

You're just being unlucky with the trials.

Complaining helps I just got the last two trials :v:

e: and cleared on first try, that wasn't too bad. I got close to dying once on the last izaro because I'm dumb, but it didn't seem too bad. Definitely better than my cruel lab attempts, which I needed like 10 because I had no reliable way to refresh shield yet

Truga fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 9, 2018

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Currently occultist, I miss reflect immunity from elementalist very very much.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Is there any recommendations on what maps to choose to shape? I went with beach for t1, but thinking back I probably should've gone graveyard, that map seems to have way more enemies to kill?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks a lot guys

Rynoto posted:

There's a pretty good breakdown of all the different maps for shaping here. Makes it much easier to decide which you'll personally want to run.

yeah this'll make it much easier to decide

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Awesome! posted:

if you hit a lot (like bv) you could try to get an energy shield gained on hit with discipline eye i guess? you still get on hit effects in the darkness even if things dont die

these might be very expensive i honestly have no idea

They are, i've been eyeing some for my molten strike build and they're all 7ex or more. :smith:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
low level delves can be cleared super fast and as long as you know where to look (everywhere there's darkness) poo poo seems to pop up pretty regularly.

I'd still just level my darkness resist as far as possible and do it in high level ones though, might as well get other useful drops while doing it, most things are still just chests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Devor posted:

You need a specialized build if you're going to do darkness-diving (or at least NOT a build that uses leech) because the dark-immune monsters won't let you leech. And the higher level monsters hitting you obviously puts pressure on your regen that you're using to overcome the darkness.

OTOH a flare costs 5 azurite. I'm a CI energy shield leech build when my shield goes low I just hit flare and it goes back to full :v:
e: I'm also occultist tho, so that helps a lot in combination with vaal discipline.

Truga fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Sep 14, 2018