Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Budgie posted:

Multistrike. "THE TOUCH THE TOUCH THE TOUCH OF GOD!"

With the attack speed people have these days it'd probably just be THTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Now Daresso's locations, drat. I wouldn't mind if any non-Labyrinth location in game was perpetually narrated by Daresso.

He should share 50/50 with Dominus.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

frajaq posted:

So about the new Bandits Quest reward, for the people who played the beta, did most people pick the 2 passive points or what ?

I could see Kraityn being popular, but Oak and Alira seem underwhelming except for very specific builds.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I've also heard it justified by saying it prevents people from accidentally dumping their inventory into a deposit-only guild tab instead of their own stash.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Finally decided, gonna start as SR RF. Not the most imaginatively but it seems strong as a starter and I haven't played it before. I assume Ziggy's build (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r749EjIgzQ) is as good as any?

Not going to be able to start at launch time because the patch is far too big for my lovely Mexican internet to download by then. At least there'll be some stuff in the guild stash by the time I finally get online!

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

and the claw won! posted:

it's patching !

Steam or standalone? Steam patch hasn't shown up for me yet, I want to get a head start since it's colossal.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Guess I'll see you guys in a while :smith:

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Skyl3lazer posted:

I think hitting maps is gonna be a fair amount slower now

Especially for those of us who haven't played Beta and want to actually check out the new content.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Ele spec throw still seems strong as well.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

nerox posted:

So yeah, I was trying to figure out where to get specific upgrades for pantheon and just learned that you can vendor 3 of the same map to get a map the next tier up while reading the wiki.

I was really confused on how people are getting their atlas filled so quickly.

You can also just buy maps off other players, which is likely how most people are filling in their gaps.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

ShutteredIn posted:

My Dark Pact Zerker based heavily on this https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1966722 is definitely my most successful character now. Did shaper pretty easily. You really don't need crit on DP, just keep ramping up life.

Would you say it's a better version of the build than this crit-focused one? I'm currently leveling with that guide but it's not too late to switch.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

NofrikinfuN posted:

Tempting me to roll a Slayer here.

It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't have some nonsense knockback that causes an instant client desync and lands me dead center on a trap. I'm even wearing Kaom's Roots and he flings me randomly across the map.

It's not a knockback or a desync, the big green circle teleports you directly to the trap corners. Move out of it before it goes off.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
You can generally get corrupted 20/20s for a handful of chaos, and it's well worth it to do so as soon as you can, particular for spell gems.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I've got about 10ex to my name and I'm looking for a Shaper/Guardian killer build (never killed Shaper before, hoping to do so this league). I'd like to do SR/RF since I've never done it before. Anyone have a good guide? It seems like there's a lot of disagreement about inquisitor vs chieftain vs guardian.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
It's definitely valuable, multiple ex. I'll let someone with more wander experience tell you exactly what to do with it though.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Artificial Idiocy posted:

Is all that really worth it for non penetrating elemental damage on a phys crit build that can't instant leech?

I think if you have Skyforths and Headhunter you can probably also afford an Atziri's Acuity. Sky's the limit, really.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

frajaq posted:

So from what I understand the next League if gonna be more interesting than this one, because they didn't want to overwhelm the potential new players that came with 3.0 ?

Yeah, they always pair relatively uninteresting leagues with big expansions, so that the league content doesn't steal focus from the expansion content. The next one should be more fun.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Nobody is going to quit the game over a(nother) VP nerf, being forced to come up with new builds is half the fun.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Craig K posted:

there should be a super hardcore where instead of getting dumped into standard on death it immediately deletes your character and everything he owns

I think for people who play hardcore this is basically how it already works. No-one is dropping back to standard to play their dead toons.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Acht posted:

Do you play HC Vulpes? Because if so, combined with your avatar, we would be best mates.

Sadly my internet isn't reliable enough, I tried a few times but dying to DCs got old.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Cory in the Blouse posted:

Chris made a post about chase uniques so maybe if it's not league exclusive it'll be like skyforth rarity. It's also a Sadist garb which is shared by that trapper chest, so chancing it won't be guaranteed.

Chancing doesn't work that way anyway, it's not just 'x% chance for a unique'. They can tailor the odds however they like independently of the other uniques with the same base.

But yeah, thing is nuts.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Cory in the Blouse posted:

My point was the cost could potentially be higher than the cost of the chance prophecy.

There's a what now?

Oh, only one on poe.trade for 30 ex. That explains why I haven't seen it before.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

guardian rf can kill anything while afk

I'm looking for something lazy in 3.1 (if its not nerfed), got a build link?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

quote:

Challenge leagues are a great opportunity for a fresh start in a small area and creating an orb which moves towards nearby enemies before dealing spell damage based on the Broken Faith unique item

I guess I know what I'm rolling this league!

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I always start leagues as spectres or SRS and then remember around level 85 that I just don't like playing indirect damage builds. So this time I'm going ED Trickster (first time ever), seems like a solid league starter build that didn't get hit with the nerf bat. Abyss is going be fun as hell (no pun intended).

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

..btt posted:

Patch server is also up

And the patch is nearly 5GB so if you're on a slow connection don't leave it till the last minute.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Realm is up.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Dizz posted:

I'm just saying that if I decided Spectral throw wasn't working for me and I wanted to respec and invest into a new build it would cost me a fuckload when in d2 [and even d3] it would just be two clicks and I can begin new without having to play 15 acts [d2] [d3 doesn't have acts once you beat the game one time you can just do rifts forever which owns, but it's in a bad game which doesn't own]

Having some investment in your character decisions isn't a bad thing. It increases the longevity of the game and also acts as a currency sink. Take some ritalin and level a new guy.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Devor posted:

If you instead press "Skip All Tutorials" then you never see another popup on that character.

Except if you're me (and others apparently), where you still get most of the popups despite clicking 'skip all tutorials' and having them turned off in the options.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

you can't divine mirrored items

you can divine uniques

that doesn't even make sense, they're two different flags on the item

It's a lore justification, you sperglord, not an explanation of how the game is coded.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Flavahbeast posted:

abyss uniques drop from the two abyssal liches: abyssal liches have a small chance to appear in abyssal depths and abyssal depths have a small chance to appear any time you open and complete an abyssal rift in maps. You'll know if a depths has a lich in it because the music will be different

If you have music off like I do, you can tell before you enter the boss room because there are black fog clouds outside the arena entrance.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

TheRat posted:

A couple of loot filter links for those still interested:

http://www.filterblade.xyz/#CgDGgsxfKjwC - Semi-strict
http://www.filterblade.xyz/#D8XiRUV1T2Tx - Very strict
http://www.filterblade.xyz/#93NBmTr59XFU - Extremely strict

(these are all for mapping, not leveling)

Thanks! I've still been using your entry-level maps one cause I'm too lazy to customise my own.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

hawowanlawow posted:

not really a problem, you are just repeating yourself now

I hear making games as punishing as possible for the inexperienced is a great way to grow your player base.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yeah, I would support an AH for fungible items (maps, currency, gems, div cards, essences etc). But having that and then a completely different external solution for 'real' items would be a bit weird.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

keep iiq items but remove the code that makes them do anything

Maybe they already did :ssh:

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Awesome, now I can stop wasting chaos re-rolling burning ground maps.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

silvergoose posted:

Or...it's fun for some people to actually play your character against a wide variety of challenges, including bosses.

:frogout:

If you're not min/maxing every second of playtime you're a filthy casual.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
The more you play, the more you recognise what items are worth keeping and therefore the less space you need for storage. It's ironic that newbie players need the most stash space but generally have the least.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Hopping on this Heavy J U G G train, gently caress being original. I am a lazy gently caress who hates dodging poo poo so it sounds perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Fister Roboto posted:

I gotta say those recipes look really cool. I guess the question is what the drop rate on low level nets is going to be like, and whether it's worth four of them for the QS flask or the MS boots.

I'm guessing they are going to drop like candy - the bottleneck for the recipes is supposed to be the beasts, not the nets. Honestly I'm not sure why the nets even exist, but maybe that will become clear.