Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I read the whole thing. Good job on the new thread!

Thinking I will do my usual static strike max block gladiator to start the new league. Tanky and cheap, and a good way to farm currency for whenever I end up trying a low life cast on crit scorching bear trap chaos storm saboteur, or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Was so sure of my starter, then got intrigued by that wild strike build. Hrm.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Pastry Mistakes posted:

my brand new level 50 marauder who drat near instantly dies on the beach in act 6.

This is by design. A reminder to cap your resistances after taking the hit to them at the end of a5.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
After Act 10

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Got a 6S belly and couldn't 6L it, but got a 5L with the colors I need, so overall a good evening. Got to lv81 and now have 5.6k HP. DW sunder glad trudging onward through maps.

That's my POE story, thanks for reading.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

ImsaKidd posted:

Can you link your profile? I'm doing a similar build and just want to compare trees and poo poo (since I can't lookup people on the leaderboard).

http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SA_Dza/characters

Dzuelist

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Noper Q posted:

Does anyone have a good Wild Strike build

I was eyeballing this one after it was linked earlier https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929055

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I did my usual. Raced up on a guy I was excited about, accumulated a some wealth, then poo poo it all away failing to 6L a chest (rip 600 fuse) . So, now I am starting over. Gunna try that wild strike build I recently linked.

I'm one of those weirdos that would play 7-8 characters a league even when I had to do a 1-4 the times, so a6-10 is nice to have. I'm finally ok admitting that I am an altoholic.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
That looks amazing. I want.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I've spent about 900 fuse not 6 linking my belly this league. So I roll an alt and play it til I'm bored and have a bunch of currency, turn it into fusings, fail, then reroll a new alt. Good thing I love alts!

Also, my leechy wild strike guy was surprisingly successful and super fun. Liked him better than my sunder guy that I started the league with. Highly recommended. But, I'm onto a terminus est crit flicker guy now. Til fuse fail time.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Never don't Bisco's.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

J posted:

Somehow a bugged flask was created on standard.

Thanks. That's really interesting.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I did an end-of-league vaal session last night. Highlights include a 95% mana 6L Belly and a +1 frenzy 88% Bisco's. My friend bricked a 6L Starforge, his Bisco's, and his Xoph's ammy haha

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I seem to have been purged. Please invite Dza_Lit. Thanks.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I had a hard time deciding but I went with the Abyssal Lich Supporter Pack. Good packs, finally. If I didn't already have the breach portal I would have gone for the other pack.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Schwack posted:

Any goon guilds with space that can invite me? Character name is Schwackk.

This one got missed. He's playing on Swackhammmer now.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
As an alcoholic, I have made that speech many time to many friends, family, and acquaintances. It sucks, but it's the right thing to do. Good on you. You've got my support to come back.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Guild invite, please. Dza_Beastwitch.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Qwertycoatl posted:

I'll probably try pissing about with Storm Call until I discover that it's actually not fun.

In 3.0 I played a Lightning Tendrils CWC Arc (non-crit) build with Storm Call for single target and it was pretty fun. Spell cascade would make it even better now.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Patch notes are up:

I'm glad that "Many skills have a duration" now!

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
This is the first league in a while where I've been indecisive as to what to play. I was gunna go quad arc totem heiro, but I just did FP totems. Trap changes look fun, maybe arc or bladefall. Good time to give miner another go. Haven't done BV since it was meta and the changes seem nice.

Ehh, gently caress it. Going old school. EQ Jugg.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Soothing Vapors posted:

love that feeling of being in queue for a new league and I still don't know what I'm playing

I've changed my mind so many times and am still undecided. I figure I'll make a snap decision at the character selection screen. Current lean is molten strike Jugg.

Then, knowing me, I'll decide in a day or two that I should have gone with one of the other options and I'll start that one. Repeat til league end, with a desolate atlas and no currency. You'd think I'd have learned not to do that by now.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

StoryTime posted:

The disconnect on 1st login is a classic, I don't think I remember a league start where that didn't happen to me.

Same, and I just ate one today, as is tradition.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
As I predicted, I got to maps and bailed for an alt already. Hopefully I stick with this one. But I won't.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Zotix posted:

my lovely Juggernaut

Ya, same. I slogged through to maps using molten strike all the way up. Geared up for resistance, life, armor, etc. And promptly got my rear end kicked by lab and low tier maps. Idgi either.

So, gently caress it, a5 now with arc totems heiro.

moush posted:

Made the switch to arc totems and am glad I did, this build's busted.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

moush posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115624

Mostly following that, but also checking poe.ninja to see what other people are using.

Ya, that one.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Eryxias posted:

So most of my characters have been either minion builds or jugg builds, so I'm thinking of doing something like a champion or something. Anybody got a link to a favorite build that is
super tanky that can facetank/roll most things on a decent budget?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2050203/page/1

Blade flurry champion. Bringer of rain, bloodseeker, stat stick.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

yegods posted:

I think my build has reached the end of it's run (at around t14 bosses, I just die). I want to try a summon/minion build. Any suggestions for a fun one?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2114607

Skeletons and zombies and spectres. Fairly inexpensive and got me through red maps on cruise control.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
A whole league of the Beacon quest, ok then.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

TheRat posted:

Some updated builds with the new PoB update:

You're awesome. Thanks.

Going to run your ngamahu chieftain as my starter, because I am tired of playing versions of arc.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Vasudus posted:

oh my god yes finally

Hard to believe this game just keeps getting better and better.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
The cool stuff just keeps on dropping. Gunna be a good league.

Can't wait to try the PS4 version too. Did they give a date for PS4 yet? Seems to me they suggested it'd be after the PC launch date, but still in December.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Mentat Radnor posted:

Somebody pick for me.

Slayer

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Papercut posted:

I have no loving idea what these betrayal choices are doing

I just choose the one on the right each time. Because of this, I executed my bro Haku :(

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
RIP my zana map. Server took a poo poo.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Offensive stats that lower enemy resists are listed like "Attacks with this Weapon Penetrate 30% Elemental Resistances". As listed, your stick gives you that amount of personal resists against those elements. Resists are plentiful on other pieces of gear and you can cap easily without any resists on your weapon(s).

i can still taste him fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 19, 2018

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Haha "Templar budget cuts". He doesn't even have pants. What's left to cut?

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Was not considering these builds before today, but now I'm thinking: ED trickster, spork totems, or EK nova throwback

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I got impatient and made an Aussie PS account and am downloading it now. Will post trip report.

Edit: leveling as a sunderboi. In A3. The controls are going to take some getting used to. I can see active skill heavy builds suffering from the skill button setup.

Also, targeting the stash or vendors is annoying. Constantly selecting other pcs by accident. And looting while there are mobs around is tricky to target.

All in all, far inferior to PC. No surprise there. But nice to sit in my recliner and play on the TV.

i can still taste him fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Mar 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

dantheman650 posted:

I asked in the PS4 thread but didn’t get many replies. I played too much D3 over the years and I’m feeling the itch. How is the PS4 port?

I played a couple of characters to maps. Compared to pc the major differences are: waaaaay slower load times on console, the trade system (and economy) on console sucks so hard, you can't pick up items in combat, and you wouldnt want to play any build that requires finesse aiming. It's acceptable, and free, but you should never play on console if you have a PC imo.