Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Useful info about money-making - I’m new to the game and just trying to learn the ropes this league and that’s something I’ve hardly hosed with at all.

To that end - is it possible to do blight maps solo? I always wind up getting overwhelmed, there’s just too much stuff too fast.

(edit) any good primer on crafting floating around? I know there’s potentially a lot more to it than just what’s there on the table, but…

mynnna fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Dec 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Yolomon Wayne posted:

theres a handful builds thats specifically tailored towards blighted maps,
if you take your normal mapping build to a blight map, dont expect to "win" imo
Having multiple builds would mean multiple characters, right? Or is there some option to store multiple builds that I’ve overlooked?

euphronius posted:

Also your towers turn off if you are too far away from them

This explains a lot, actually. I’ll chase every new branch and so am running all over, when maybe it’s better to concentrate on building and upgrading closer to the pump?

Captainicus posted:

I'm not an expert at all, but obvious guess if you're new (I made the same mistake) you might not be annointing your blighted maps. If you spend oils on it with cassia at your hideout, you can give it various buffs/debuffs to make it harder/easier, such as brown oils being 20% more tower damage each, orange oils 20% cheaper towers each. That, plus annointing your rings can give you buffs for your towers, a lot of people like scout tower range up and spamming them around the pump to blast everything at huge range. You can also stack physical towers (don't upgrade them to level 4 though) nearby a level 3 enhancement tower and they can stunlock everything. I don't know what to do about enemies with proxy shields though, other than take them out yourself, which can be hard if a boss has it and you don't notice until they are close to the pump.

I think I flat out forgot that Cassia is right there in my hideout to be able to anoint stuff.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

I got offered an Elder influenced map occupied by The Enslaver by a Zana mission.

I am... not sure what I was expecting. Did manage to kill the fucker though :shrug:

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Now go hunt down his 3 buddies so you can fight their boss.

I don't think I'm so far into endgame stuff as to be able to just go *do* that. I've been playing since roughly the start of December and am spending this league just flailing around trying to get a grasp on *stuff* so that hopefully next league I can go in better informed from the start.

<edit> like, I need to go kill the Hunter or whoever so that I've beaten all four conquerors with all my watchstones and then I... get to kill Sirius, right? :shrug:

mynnna fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 27, 2021

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Zenithe posted:

You get to learn the sirus fight yes. I would recommend at least watching the fight if not a YouTube guide.

Alternatively go in blind and post about your experience.

About half his mechanics are the things he did when he started appearing in maps, half the rest clearly broadcast "don't stand here!" and the last couple are just timing when the swarm fires off their lasers to dodge.

I died once when I decided to see if you could just tank the meteor.

:shrug:

(<e> Wasn't completely blind, I spent 30 seconds skimming the fan wiki about him. I hate watching fight videos.)

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

euphronius posted:

Sirus is hard and like an old mmo boss where you have to have the right build / gear and learn the gimmicks

It’s a proper fight

The gimmicks seemed straightforward enough but god if you're not a DOT build or something that can do damage without having to be in constant contact it feels like it'd be miserable, you sure don't get much time to DPS.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Elentor posted:

Hunted Traitors been in the game since 2.4.1 and until this convo I never knew they existed and even after rolling them I had no idea what they did. I just read the wiki to know what the hell that is and I legit had no loving idea.

Now imagine you've only been playing this for a month

I am just perpetually "what the gently caress are you talking about"

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Yeah I decided "gently caress it" and went back to beating my head against endgame stuff in the main league instead.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Wintertide to 50 felt pretty good.

I just hard-swapped to it in Scourge from a spellslinger build and...

I like it? Having trouble directly comparing to what I was doing before, because my gear is all funky and I can't compare to where I was at before yet.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Does a nice comprehensive crafting guide/overview exist anywhere, something that goes over all the different options available?

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Vincent Valentine posted:

I don't know your experience with crafting, but if you're a Casual Crafter™ and looking to really dive deep, take this advice. Pick two or three aspects of crafting and just really get into those two aspects. Like, get big into Fossils and Benchcraft. Next season add two other things to it. It's really just way too much poo poo to worry about all at once.

Or do the big brain strat and just sell all the crafting materials for chaos/exalts and buy what you need but that's boring.

I'm an obsessive loving nerd and am pathologically incapable of only knowing a little bit about how something like this works. :shrug:

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Also dont start serious crafting unless you can laugh off losing 50ex with nothing to show for it.

I mean the fact that I'm broke as poo poo is an obstacle to a lot of things for me, really. :v:

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Kind of an academic question, since I'd explode before getting that high, but... how the heck do people get stacks that high? As in, physically having enough mobs on the map to do it?

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

euphronius posted:

If you freeze the screen it’s very safe

You'd think that would work for me, playing a cold dot build, but :shrug:

On an upside, I just killed A8 sirius for the first time. Sure took long enough (~10 minutes?)

J posted:

And as herstory mentioned, a big part of racking up scourge stacks is taking advantage of the fact every time you hit the scourge button it spawns a few packs of scourge monsters near you. At least for a while, they do eventually stop spawning after hitting the button enough times.

Dropping into scourge, killing whatever is nearby and dropping back out as soon as there's nothing immediately in range?

mynnna fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 16, 2022

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

I literally just learned from this discussion that there was a place to farm clusters that wasn’t “luck into delirium mirrors/maps”

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Need patch notes already so I can decide if I'll play or at least start off with another witch now that I have half a clue what's going on or if I'll just play something else to try to broaden my experience.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

So do you... just punch the boss/mobs/whatever to keep rampage going so your spawned buddies don't despawn? :confused:

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Oh I see now. I think. So you'd hit things until your weapon animates and you're unarmed, and then you'd do stuff that doesn't require a weapon.

I already had no idea what I wanted to play next league - too many things I know exist but little else - so throw this on the pile, I guess!

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Related to starters discussion, what’s the best resource to find build guides? When I started I just had a look at the official forums and picked something at random, but… what else is good?

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

euphronius posted:

Introduced a new Threshold Jewel for Infernal Cry that disables the ability for Exerted Attacks to trigger Combust, but causes attacks Exerted by Infernal Cry to deal much more Ignite Damage.

HmMmm

I’d been considering a tectonic slam chieftain or whatever because it seems fun on my level ~55 alt, hmm

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

External Organs posted:

Might be worth theorycrafting an earthquake ignite Chieftain. Or cold to fire icecrash would have stupid base damage with a less annoying mechanic.

Cool thing is you can still set up a flame surge gem, too. Battlemages cry with flame surge and flammability isn't a bad budget/early league way to do it.

I definitely do not have the experience with anything yet to be able to whip up my own builds :?

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Trying to decide between Kay's minions and vortex occultist for SSF. Never done cold dot before, which build would be better T bossing?

Vortex occultist single target is kinda mediocre (unless I was playing it wrong/bad which is extremely possible)

<e> felt mediocre to me I have no idea how it actually compares to anything*

mynnna fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jan 29, 2022

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

Vortex occultist is the kinda gold standard for good consistent dps in my book, but its when you use your vaal cold snap, cold snap, and vortex on the same target that it melts.

I was either playing it badly or don't really have a good feeling for "good single target dps" then, since the latter is what I was actually doing

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

neurotech posted:

Speaking of league starters, what are you all going to go with for yours?

Don't actually know yet since I'm picking blind but probably pconc pf.

Or skele mages.

Or that tectonic slam build off the official forums, I started an alt playing it and it's been fun.

...so yeah, I dunno yet. :(

mynnna fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 1, 2022

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

It is amazing to me that anyone hits 100 on a berserker. The number of times I’ve just exploded because I got into a bad position for a second…

The people who have are better or luckier or both than I am.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Broken Cog posted:

Rog has made me probably 3 times as much as harvest this league, he can make some amazing shoes, shields and amulets.
Amulets especially, now that the +skill gem level mods are global.

Yeah Rog has been good to me too, quite a few dead on hits or stuff that’s close and can be patched up with some minor crafting work.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

0 x 2 is still 0.

I ran the final strongbox cluster for duplicating arcanist and divine strongboxes but you can go many, many maps without seeing a single one even with the extra 60% spawn rate small passives.

For all those points I felt like it was better reinvested elsewhere.

The duplication part at the end of those branches applies to all strongboxes, not just the specific ones. I still skip the cartographer and divination branches unless I’m going deep, but I take the Arcanist branch in every drat build - just about every kind of strongbox can drop currency, after all. Operative boxes in particular (while rare themselves) have “drops X map currency” in their mod pool, so with the duplication you’ll get 30-40 orbs, sextants and chisels.

mynnna fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 23, 2022

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Wondering if I'm missing something on these instructions for crafting a ring for my build.

quote:

1 - buy ring base you want with t1 es t1 life
2 - anul extra prefix/suffix, need 1 and only 1 open affix for both suffix and prefix pool
3 - craft cannot roll caster
4 - slam crusader orb for a high chance at %es
5 -> sell if you hit anything but %ES and go back to step 1
6 -> prefixes can't be changed + reforge speed for cast speed / chaos for chaos res
7 -> if good suffix, go for multimod suffixes can't be changed + aisling otherwise repeat step 6
8 -> block suffix mod you don't want, and unveil
9 -> benchcraft last suffix

Bolded part is what's throwing me. By that point I've got three prefixes I definitely want to keep, and only one open suffix. I assume I want to actually craft prefixes can't be changed here, but why would I multimod (even if I could, which I can't).

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Does some variation of that work to open stacked decks?

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Rakeris posted:

Agreed, I've always liked the witch voice lines, the new templar ones are a close second imo, they are pretty metal.

Definitely enjoyed the Templar and the way he (moves into? always had?) a sort of attitude of "we created our gods and we'll bring them into line if we drat well have to" is very funny for some reason.

Also, they're not new lines or anything but I do enjoy how the delirium spooky voice is almost talking to your character sometimes. Not to you, but your character, in a very sort of meta not-quite-breaking-fourth-wall "I know you're just an avatar being piloted by a higher being that will eventually abandon you" sort of way.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

I hope having adapted Captain Lance's giga guardian build to use Ice Nova last league isn't going to completely spoil anything else for me going forward. Nigh unkillable + excellent clear.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

WTF BEES posted:

Anybody else running a minion build think the blue bros are just too drat finicky to bother with? Minions will kill half the pack before the drat thing even deploys

I pop them on strongboxes. Clear around the box, deploy it before you trigger the box.

Elentor posted:

I think at this point the only realistic upgrades are mirror-tier one-handers with +1/+1 that I have no idea how to craft, each of which cost more than the entire build. Otherwise I think this is the most damage I've ever dealt.

+1/+1 to what exactly?

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

interrodactyl posted:

You might be interested in the strategy I'm running. My current money making plan is to blast maps quickly and get boss content to drop - elder / shaper / conq / synthesis / eater. Then I can choose to run or sell those as I want. I don't want my maps to take too long and I don't want to do super hard content in the map

Boss rushing is nerfed from 3.17 but is still pretty viable - the key is that map sustain requires you to ping-pong between two adjacent maps instead of running just one. There's a few things you need to really make this work.

1. Have 2 adjacent T14+ maps you're okay running. Park / Strand (3 voidstones required), Mesa / Promenade (3 voidstones required), and Shore / Crimson Temple (4 voidstones required) are really popular, and are my choices.
2. Have enough favorite slots for Shadow Shaping to block all other adjacent maps from the 2 that you're running. This is only 4-5 slots so it should be easy enough to get.
3. Have a fast mapping build.
4. Have some version of this atlas tree: https://poeplanner.com/atlas-tree/A...Vxo3V9KtdhN1zd5

The key passives here are the "Adjacent Map Drop Chance" nodes on the bottom half of the tree. Since you blocked all adjacent maps besides the two you want to run, it's very likely that a mob will drop the map you want. With 9.5% chance for the You can very easily get 70% adjacent map drop chance while still having plenty of nodes to spec into other things. If you want to go even harder, you can take Wandering Path, which will guarantee that a mob in your map will drop the adjacent map. Every other node you take on the tree is entirely preference, though I would stay away from anything that makes your map take too long.

For a map with an easy to access boss like Mesa, Shore, or Park, you start the map, pop your sentinels, make your way to the boss and kill it. If you get an adjacent map drop along the way, great. You're sustaining, and you already used your sentinels so you got good loot. You can leave and put in a new map. If you don't, keep killing mobs until you get a map drop.

Repeat ad infinitum and you will generate a ton more boss map drops + invitations.

fwiw I've found that I can sustain one map with Singular Focus and a map of choice loaded as favourable, and it has the upside of dropping any other map as currency.

<e> Although I am clearing maps rather than just boss rushing so ymmv

<e2> or maybe I just had a run of very good luck because I ran out a little later, lmao.

<e3> To contribute something actually useful: Terrace is "Promanade but green" and is adjacent to City Square, so that's another nice pair that you could run.

mynnna fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 29, 2022

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

interrodactyl posted:

Singular Focus stops you from dropping conqueror/elder/shaper/synthesis maps.

1. I want to drop boss maps so I can do bosses.

2. Conqueror crimson temples are insane profit in bulk right now

Those are useful things to know!

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

I just started turbojuicing maps and was getting 13-15% per map at 96 :stare:

Gilded Harb, Abyss, Breach and Rusted Blight, Harbinger/Beyond/Alva/Ritual compasses, and an atlas tree to match built with the small passives do nothing/extra pack size for each notables. Just an absolutely ungodly amount of mobs on the map. Initially was doing over ritual but that was a little too dicey even for where my build is at.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Aerox posted:

Mind posting your Atlas tree for this?

Edit: Actually, broadly, does anyone mind doing a mini-explainer on what actually constitutes "juicing?" I've been playing this game for years and never graduated beyond alch and go, and I think I want my One Big Learning Piece this league to be to figure out how the gently caress to actually juice stuff properly. Googling "how to juice 3.18" just mostly gives a bunch of no-view youtubes that don't have very useful info and scam sites.

Whoops, forgot about the thread for a few days. It's here.

As people already said, juicing is just adding extra poo poo to your map for more drops and XP, but also usually more danger. You tailor it to what your character is capable of handling and what your goal is.

For example, my character can handle quite a lot and all I care about right now is grinding XP as fast as possible, so my choices all reflect that. I just want as many mobs on the map as possible, so I pick up the parts of Abyss and Breach that make them spawn more mobs, the two relevant Beyond wheels, all the Harbinger stuff, Eater of Worlds Altars, and then Grand Design, every notable that disables extra content (I'm adding what I want via compasses/scarabs anyway), and the Beastiary wheel (because it's another compact source of notables). The result is frighteningly dense maps that you need to be able to kill fast on, but you can tune it down easily enough by just omitting scarabs, compasses, and Beyond bosses to suit.

OTOH, juicing for money you... want to maximize whatever your preferred way to make money is, and the best way to do that is "whatever your character can handle and you can tolerate farming a lot." Finding that preference is just kinda up to you, but it is usually better to have something you can do very quickly for less value than longer but more value, because the value doesn't tend to scale up with time invested, or doesn't to a point.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Dahbadu posted:

Thanks for posting this. I honestly didn't know about PoE planner. We have different trees, but yours is one of the better ones I've seen. Nice tree!

It's purely an XP farming tree, I was doing something very different for just general cash.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

totalnewbie posted:

Lethe shade keystone, DoT resistance pantheons, and life regen.

And I'm not trying to be all smarmy but 13ex is really not very much at all for a minion wand. Minion helms and wands easily run into 25-40ex region for something that's merely "passable". Less than that and the item probably has significant problems (like 2-3 dead mods, super low tier rolls on relevant mods, only +2 instead of +3 helm, for example..)

If that's as far as you care to take skeleton mages then by all means switch out, but I'm willing to bet your build can have its DPS tripled for under 100ex (yeah I know that sounds like a lot... but you're adding a lot of damage, here).

Yeah, I sold my "passable" minion wand (damage+chance to deal double damage, attack/cast speed, but also two dead mods) for 20ex, after buying a very very good one for 40.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

There's a minion damage affix on rings.

Honestly, the biggest upgrade you can get is a double damage node on each of your medium clusters. It's pretty big to get 10% chance to deal double damage. Also, fortress covenant and quickening covenant if you don't already have them. And get (more) ghastly jewels with increased minion damage if you've used a minion skill recently.

There are some neat boots implicits for survivability and I didn't feel like I needed the extra skeletons from Abberath's last league. That'll also give you more options for stat fixing.

I feel like inspiration or elemental focus might be better than increased critical chance. I'm gonna assume you've got a predator support in your inventory, but if you don't, get one, swap for volley on bosses. It's incredibly useful, particularly on fights that have a bunch of adds in addition to the boss.

There are *two* minion damage affixes on rings. There's the conqueror one that has several tiers and tops out at 25%, but then there's also a Delve mod that's a suffix and is just one tier ranging from 25-35%.

I haven't hosed with recombinators to see if you can get both onto a ring yet, although doing so would be kinda pointless as it's not really practical to do finishing crafting.

mynnna fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jun 25, 2022

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

I really want to do an ES trickster with all the new leech stuff, using lightning conduit.

I dunno if it would be any good and this is only my third(?) league and I absolutely do not have the knowledge to do this. But I want to.

Probably should just go with some other trickster build as a starter until someone figures it out for me :v:

mynnna fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Aug 16, 2022

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Elentor posted:

Not a build but you can get 78 All Res + 97 of a single res with one flask with Mageblood for a total of 331 Resistance in one flask, or 154 in a Darkness Enthroned with 4 open prefixes in jewels, which I think is better than having a regular belt with 171 Resistances and 3 prefixes. Crystallized Omniscience post-nerf is still gonna be a nice source of 140-200 Resistances.

What I'm saying is that the broken items are good, I guess.

Any build that uses Brutal Restraint+Coruscating Elixir is gonna run a Bismuth Flask too, for 75% Cold/Lightning and 125% Fire.

(I swear that’s probably my favorite little combo in the game…)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

For all the drama over the state of the league, I'm now having the most fun I've ever had. This is only my fourth league and I've followed build guides up to now, and for that matter started out following one. But it wasn't going great, so I opened up the POB for the Lightning Conduit trickster I'd been trying to work out before the league started, managed to actually get it to a functional looking state, scraped together my pennies and respecced.

Much to my pleasure/surprise it (mostly) works. Some :doh: things mechanics-wise, but they're easily fixed, and now I have so many tweaks I want to mess around with.

<e> https://pobb.in/EQbrWYxEpeY5 That's the build in the quasi-endgame state, though it's already out of date (added galvanic field to play around with, realized I should just get a Conductivity ring, for starters.)

mynnna fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 28, 2022