Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oldie but that time nixon uncovered the smoking gun of espionage leaks for the algier hiss HUAC investigation in a pumpkin patch and they kept the microfilm hidden from public eye for 3 decades until it was revealed to be naval bookkeeping on the number of usable life rafts and fire extinguishers in certain fleets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

when cuomo took all the donated masks he got from citizens to go to healthcare workers and he stapled them all to a wall

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Literally my first thought after seeing this. How are Bidens "cant run a zoom call" campaign staff somehow still way more competent than Hillary's?

it's very easy to do absolutely nothing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

This is fake news.

It was actually 2.3 trillion dollars lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ywpfOOn7k

cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

he was classified post-mortem as a combatant what more do you want. seems legal to me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oh yeah i forgot about her. lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ALFbrot posted:

Congrats on knowing precisely one of the words in AIDS

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

gets funnier every year

classic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Just remembered Henry Kissinger has a Nobel Peace prize

that's a lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hell I just remembered Henry Kissinger is still alive.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's kinda weird that Andrew Jackson is still on the twenty

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol this still cracks me up

lmao I never saw this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

vyelkin posted:

FAMS effectiveness against crime and terror, has also been questioned. According to Congressman John J. Duncan, the air marshal program has led to only 4.2 arrests a year, at an average cost of $200 million per arrest. He argued that this represents a win of the perceived dangers of terror, supported by a profit center-type approach, over realistic spending priorities.[39][40]

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

How much was it exactly? I thought it was 2.5 trillion but someone later said it was only half a trillion that disappeared in 15 minutes. This is apparently important because if you get the number wrong you're as big a liar as bernie sanders

it was 1.5 trillion on March 12, here's the notice from the fed. https://www.newyorkfed.org/markets/opolicy/operating_policy_200312a?mod=article_inline

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was looking for this recently thank you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wasn't there some new york magazine that had really weird caricature style pictures of the bridge and other metaphorical crap

yes. they've all been drawn by Andrew cuomo, because he himself loves the style of early 20th century political posters. this is the one he revealed in January 2020 after his State of the State address, presenting his vision for the new decade in New York. it apparently took him two months to make. working hard thank you!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

here's the bridge you probably had floating around in your skull, from 2012.

"Mr. Cuomo plans to give copies of the new poster to staff members and campaign donors as an end-of-year gift." Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mrmcd posted:

He comissioned them, he didn't actually draw them. There's hostage interviews floating around with the actual artists.

i figured it was probably pr bullshit that he said he was "working on them for two months" and found the artist's website where he sells these stupid posters but didn't know for sure. I should find one of the interviews

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Animal Friend posted:

Trump finding out about her death live after a rally was a special moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knlJWu815C0

e: lol in those comments

im a simple man, you post this video, I watch it. the double hand pump up gets me every time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

bill deblasio murdering a groundhog on live television

lol this was cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When Trump called Juan Guaido the "Beto O'Rourke" of Venezuela.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lil poopendorfer posted:

Im looking forward to the Latino equivalent during Bidens re-election

"just left the taqueria and all my amigos cant wait to vote for biden. 'yo lo quiero' they're saying"

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1014940775757635591?s=20

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nixon freezing prices and wages bc he got spooked by a measly 5% inflation.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Biden sharing the same made up story five times in the 2020 campaign about taking the Amtrak a hundred bajillion miles, and the person who supposedly congratulated him for it had retired 20 years ago and was also dead.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Damien Hirst going on BBC to say, verbatim, "You've got to hand it to them", RE: the 9/11 hijackers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Achernar posted:

In 2020 Michael Bloomberg could have cut every man, woman, and child in the US a million dollar check and said, "Here you go, if you want to pay me back, don't vote for Trump, OK?" and had a greater impact on the election, and saved money in the bargain.

I didn't know that Mike Bloomberg had $330,000,000,000,000.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Did remind me of this one though, lol.

I'll take 3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HW Bush's secretary of state's name was Eagleburger. A family destined for American greatness.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Washington post called gw the "next FDR" immediately post-9/11

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

paul_soccer12 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_M._Deutch#CIA_Director_tenure

In 1996, Deutch took the unusual step of traveling to Locke High School in Los Angeles to deny reports that the CIA had facilitated the introduction of crack cocaine into Los Angeles.[6][7] Speaking to a hostile crowd, Deutch denied any connection between the CIA and cocaine traffic in Los Angeles and vowed to open an investigation.

In 1995, when Deutch became head of the CIA, The New York Times quoted long-time critical scholar and social activist Noam Chomsky as saying, "He has more honesty and integrity than anyone I've ever met in academic life, or any other life... If somebody's got to be running the C.I.A., I'm glad it's him."[15]

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1212679425629859840

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk if it's politics technically but when the tobacco industry hastily produced a scientific paper in early 2020 saying that smoking cigarettes cured COVID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't she raise the bridges for the first time in like a century during BLM protests

Edit: yes, and the last time the bridges were moved for crowd control instead of river traffic was 1855 https://theappeal.org/chicago-mayor-bridges-protest/