Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Kissinger getting the Nobel Prize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Anyone remembers Jean Chrétien? Fucker's still alive.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Terror Sweat posted:

I like him a lot more than Justin

That's not a huge bar to clear.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

paul ryan's favorite band hates him

That is still funny to me.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The paper shredder in the Reagan White House getting jammed from overwork.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Bro Dad posted:

Africa would have been subjected to a bloodbath of proportions unseen in history if the white man hadn't destroyed their culture first.

Examples I point to are as follows -

The Zulu nation was happily destroying not only all of it's neighbors, but many of their own people as the leadership happened to be certifiably insane. Shaka for example had a small penis (actually historically accurate) and killed thousands of people because of it. The zulu empire was actually not the bad one as the Matabele under Mzilikali after his loss to the zulu, took his tribe and conducted a scorched earth campaign across the lower section of africa destroying all in his path.

Lets not forget the laughable Xhosa girl Nongqawuse who said she saw visions that if everybody killed off their cattle and burned their fields the dead spirits of their ancestors would grant not only tenfold cattle in return, but destruction of the new white Anglo/Boer civilization in the southern cape. Needless to say after they slaughtered and burned everything no ancestors were forthcoming and 25 thousand of the Xhosa tribe died.
The tribes of africa were largely barbaric and vicious groups of people who really only understood killing for the most part. There were exceptions to the rule as there always are, the hottentots, and various smaller tribes, but for the most part african culture was set up to destroy other cultures to begin with.

I'm not going to say that they are better off having been colonized by the europeans, but the alternative was pretty vicious as well.

Please source your quotes.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Terror Sweat posted:

Just lmao if you haven't memorized the tale of the laughable xhosa girl

Quick google search tells me it's from before my time on SA.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

A candidate for Quebec Prime Minister admitted to doing cocaine while he was Minister of the Economy.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I actually was a game tester on Curt Shilling's game. Fun times.

There was a big document on all the planned stuff that was cut, including a bunch of lore such as the fact that the world was post-apocalyptic Earth and the Gnomes had secretly controlled the Knight Templars.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Strom Thurmond. Just, all of it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4KROpdUkrM

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2my8ikBQMY

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The caning of Charles Sumner. Southern chivalry at it's best.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Bush doesn't have a legacy so much as survivors.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Huey Long answering the phone as the Kingfish.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Pick posted:

similarly,

this really happened.

So did this.

There have been multiple Rhinoceros Parties in Canada.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

zegermans posted:

I liked the part where she murdered the poo poo out of some slaveowners. Not so much were she compromised with the remaining slave holders later, instead of continuing to murder them.

That's pretty obviously the lesson in the book. She should have murdered all the slavers instead of trying to compromise.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHxf2gY8-sw

For a lucid quebec, we need to go neoliberal even harder.lol

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Gum posted:

trump somehow having the sketchiest doctor to ever live

You haven't heard of (historical) Doctor Sketchley? He brought ostriches to California in the 19th century.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Oldie but goodie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2my8ikBQMY

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

du -hast posted:

If anyone is wondering, means "Yes it's true we have been beaten - and by what - beaten by money and the 'ethnic' vote" is the translation.

This was a speech given after the 1995 referendum for Quebec independence. Also it is alleged that Jacques Parizeau is extremely drunk when he got up there and said this, though for me its hard to tell because Quebecois French sounds like you're drunk anyway.

The video pre-panned in case of Independence victory is like a complete 180 from this, super inclusive and hopeful.

And then defeat and drunkenness and the truth comes out. All my separatists friends are still bitter.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The so-called "Printemps Érable".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkXI4CIFxcg

We had an election and kicked out our hilariously corrupt government. Yay!

Their successor were slightly less corrupt but kind of schizophrenic, broke their promises, and then lost an election they called over a stupid racist policy.

After a year, the same hilariously corrupt rear end in a top hat were back in power. They still are, and it feels increasingly like we have become a 1-party Province with a bunch of austerity-crazy kleptocrats in power forever, destroying all our good institutions like our healthcare system. Woo.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Remember that time in Reagean's reign where the shredders in the white house jammed because they were shredding so many documents?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Vanilla Ice posted:

I just remembered when forum member Martin Random somehow managed to convince the internet he had the inside scoop on the Bush White House and posted a bunch of insane insider stories. A true precursor to the rogue twitter accounts of today.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2006/4/11/201507/-

Some choice quotes:

Dick Cheney has chronic gum problems and his breath smells like poo poo as a result. He is also a CLOSE TALKER. He keeps a small bottle of diluted hydrogen peroxide which he rinses with every hour on the hour, and he swallows it instead of spitting. He also picks his nose vigorously (violently) and hums loudly and tunelessly to himself while taking shits.

Donald Rumsfeld needs to wear iced underwear because of some medical condition, and he has his secret service detail hold his spares. He was recently getting uncontrollable long-term erections and had to change up his medical treatments. The underwear and the erections is why he uses a standing desk, not because he is some super-man. He also wears nylon stockings, not because he's gay, but to control some vascular problem with his legs which causes him intense pain.

Tom Ridge brushes his teeth like 3 times per day religiously, but he can't stand looking at someone brushing their teeth. He contorts as in agony, as if he is actually experiencing pain. He can't watch himself brush his teeth, and even describing the process of brushing teeth drives him up a wall.

If you joke around near Rumsfeld, he will stare at you intensely as if you just killed his mother for about 10 seconds, which will be unnerving because you think you've offended him, then he will begin to laugh a little bit, a bit more, until he is in hysterics. He has a chest condition called Pleurisy that causes this; breathing deeply is painful to him as is laughing with gusto, so he tries very hard to control himself before losing it. It really unnerves people who are trying to be sociable. This is the reason for his creepy shallow laugh in public.

So is he QAnon?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Finicums Wake posted:

freedom fries

Which itself was just a repeat of Freedom Cabbages.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Finicums Wake posted:

idk whether this or the florida republican candidate who was really into larping vampire the masquerade is more embarrassing

The latter because Masquerade was pretty anti-authoritarian at core.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Former DILF posted:

idk what game you played because in all the vtm games i played the prince ruled his city with a maille gauntlet in a velvet glove

Exactly. Vampires are horrible monsters and their organizations are pretty on-the-nose reflections of the capitalist systems. You were supposed to find those things bad. 1E/2E had a lot fo focus on playing rebels and/or reformers within the various Supernatural groups, which slowly faded away into becoming soap-opera as the metaplot took over.

If someone thinks the Camarilla are the good guys, chances are they're an rear end in a top hat.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dreddout posted:

The camarilla are kinda like the Dems in the sense that they both are parasitic, corrupt and stagnant institutions but their major opposition groups, the Sabbat and Republicans, are blackpilled lunatics

Anarchs are the DSA

:hai:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The founding of the Canadian Confederation was basically a con job and only happened because the Fathers of the Confederation were completely shitfaced.

Everyone in that picture is horribly hungover.

The maritime provinces tried to back out once they realized the horrible mistake that was Canada, but decided to stay on after John A MacDonald (our first prime minister, an alcoholic racist genocide-lover) promised them all kind of poo poo they needed. Most of these things, of course, never happened.

:canada:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Free fire zones.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Peanut President posted:

you gotta give me more man!

This was off the top of my head, stuff I remembered from my history. I'll see if I can't find a more detailed version.

Would make for a good Dollop.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Turns out details on the original COnfederation Conference are really sketchy, but it did start with 13 000$ of Canadian Champagne.

https://www.unwrittenhistories.com/inconvenient-pasts-the-charlottetown-conference-of-1864/

https://hazlitt.net/blog/drunk-history-canadas-booze-soaked-beginnings

There are plenty of other hilarious moments in Canadian politics, such as the Prime Minister who took advice from the ghost of his mother (and interned japanese canadians during WWII).

Or I could a huge post on Quebec haha.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Why is it always Evangelion in fake anime opening? We need more Jojo Bernie.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

that time Obama brought up the Crusades as an example of ill deeds committed in the name of Christ, reminding us that wickedness can be done under any religion, then the Christian right flipped the gently caress out

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...m=.c9448e95853b

"“Obama’s ignorance is astounding and his comparison is pernicious. The Crusades were a defensive Christian reaction against Muslim madmen of the Middle Ages.” - Catholic League leader

I can think of a lot more recent atrocities comitted by extremist christians.

Off the top of my head they bombed a movie theater showing Last Temptation of Christ, which is an amazing movie and if you don't like it you will burn in hell.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Québécois who spoke french used to be told to "Speak White", aka English.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Former DILF posted:

witches trying to curse anything in america is pretty funny, the whole goddamn thing is built over an indian burial ground lmao

Classic Onion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC6_EDj6kp8

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

It's ok, the more racist candidate is now going to split the right by creating a new more conservative party. Letting Trudeau and the libs control the government for even more years!

Man, if only the NDP had not dropped their biggest chance in history by triangulating like a bunch of Democrats.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

MikeCrotch posted:

The guy who caught the Unabomber ended up regretting it because of what a shitshow the trial was

Really? Sounds interesting.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Will Menaker's grandpa hung out with Trotsky in Mexico, and might have been an unwitting FBI info source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Yeah. From the stories he kind of sound slike a loveable doofus, but he could also have been a double agent so who knows.