Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
The sitting vice president shot a man directly in the face, in this century

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Remember when Trump made his primary positive contribution to humanity and dumpstered both the Bush and Clinton political dynasties, hopefully forever?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

That check was pretty sweet to get at the time

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

System Metternich posted:

Former law-and-order diehard and Hamburg senator Ronald "Judge Merciless" Schill, best known for his racism, his disgust at welfare queens and his coke habit, now lives with his two mid-20s girlfriends in a literal slum in Rio courtesy of a generous monthly pension paid by the German government

The dream

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Wait what did Mario Batali do :(

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Got drat that is a bloatee if I ever saw one

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

She tempted the wrath from high atop the thing.

Remember when the only actual President Clinton spooged on an intern in the oval office? The literal actual elected president was boning down on his staff in conditions of questionable consent in the living memory of probably a bunch of this thread, lol what a stupid species we are in general

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

ikanreed posted:

Lol remember that time Trump won.

Really the funniest part was Hillary losing

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

i remember texting my sister to commiserate the day after and she revealed she voted for him

I remember this but it was a mexican barista saying it to a white #withher lady who was acting perfomatively woke in the starbucks

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Feldegast42 posted:

The time the secret service was too incompetent or didn't care and let Trump walk off the runway with toilet paper stuck to the bottom of his shoe

This seems legitimately outside the scope of their job, tbh

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Boehner

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Filthy Hans posted:

after it came out that Rage Against the Machine was Paul Ryan's favorite band, Tom Morello trashed him mercilessly and two years later Paul Ryan tried to play it off that he wasn't ever really that much into them anyway

*Muffled Papa Roach emanating from Paul's limo*

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I love how Kerry is recognizable, but Bush is like the most generic exaggerated portrait of a tough man who makes hard decisions, to the point of cariacature. He looks like a bobblehead of a famous football coach.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

That would almost be a good idea if it had a better name and just aggregated crime stats, instead of using a vote system that will definitely not be abused at all.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I had no idea what the gently caress "strange fruit" meant but "lynching" in the url made it pretty clear

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

freedom fries

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

hillary going on tv the day after the election like

"please help me, the illuminati have denied me further youth injections, I don't have much time left"

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Mr. Lobe posted:

as terrible as Trump is and has been for the world over the past couple of years, it is a consolation prize to think about her venal, sociopathic ego being shattered into teeny, tiny bits. just imagine being a fly on her wall on election night.

There were transition meetings at the White House already scheduled before election night. They seriously thought they had it in the bag. I can only hope someone who witnessed the moment she got the news documents the reaction in a book at some point.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

she tempted the wrath from high atop the thing

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

My only hope is that the dems learned that a serious fight for the primary isn't a bad thing if you want to produce a viable candidate.

It being incredibly entertaining is just a side bonus.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

let me dream

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

a significant number of people polled supported bombing Agrabah

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Alex Jones screaming at a turd outside a trump rally

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

The sheer amount of bad photos of politicians eating will never not be funny to me.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Even RDJ is like "that movie would never fly nowadays"

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Patrick Stewart shamelessly uses his old white man powers for good and it's pretty great to watch

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

it seems like every year there's another "next" social media site that tries and fails to draw away more than a fringe minority of people from facebook. The handful of people that put any stake in it are always weird libertarians who announce their departure like anyone fuckin cares, and then quietly reappear on Facebook in a month when it's clear that MeWe or whatever is a cold turd

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I truly hope someday, someone who was present when Hillary found out/realized Trump had won decides to write about it.

I remember hearing that there were already transition meetings scheduled with the outgoing white house staff before the election. Everybody thought it was a done deal and the fallout must've been AMAZING.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Thanks for reminding me that a shitload of vocal hillary supporters pivoted from "accept the results of the election, losers" to "no fair!!! POPULAR VOTE!" within a span of literally six hours.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

sat on my keys! posted:

remember when they were all holding up hope the electoral college would deliver it to her

there were literally like six generations of "here's how hillary can still win" articles, positing massive revolts of elected officials in a position to take the election results certification off the rails

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

LGD posted:

the funniest part is probably that this did actually prompt faithless electors...

...who mostly defected from Hillary

Faith Spotted Eagle having won more electoral votes than jill stein

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Easy Diff posted:

which, ironically, would be the one situation where donald trump would have had a point in not accepting the results

Biden procedurally slapping down a floor challenge to the results

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

As someone who was a kid in the 90s, reading back through some of the late 90s/early 00s stuff is great.

"retrieves"

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

hillary clinton, "most qualified candidate ever", got dumpstered by someone who picked up politics as a hobby in 2015

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

as a subset of that, there was a period of time when hillary thought she was gonna be president, lmao

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

going through my old twitter likes and

https://twitter.com/PortlandORScan/status/537108499692392450

oh man

I don't know how to make the twoots embed, sorry

e: also

Javid has issued a correction as of 08:54 on Feb 21, 2019

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

what happened with the ndt accusation anyway? I heard like one thing ever about it then it just vanished

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

When comedians pull an Icarus and take their schtick too far it's pretty great.

Like, at some point, she had to actually think "nah, I'm funny enough to get away with openly calling for the death of the actual president"

And then she found out she wasn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Filthy Hans posted:

I remember when Michael Richards flew too close to the sun

and then he called the sun the n-word

he was the first example I thought of when posting that tbh.

also, not "comedian" as such, but same vein of badly misjudging what you can get away with: Milo