Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

If this game really does manage to be Witcher: Egypt that would be bad as hell. I'll reiterate the ol "god I wish they would just dump the modern conspiracy poo poo" complaint though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I don't actually mind the Templar-Assassin metaplot, I just think it would have been much better implemented purely through historical context instead of this ungainly past/present split they've burdened themselves with.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

The AC franchise until Origins was basically a telescoping train wreck of terrible game design, so I'm pretty fine with them tossing all that out and just making Witcher-y historical rpgs

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’ve guessed the cult leader was Kassandra’s mom since like the beginning of the game. Just been putting it off because I don’t really want to kill her.

welp, that's one thing spoiled.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

the weird thing about asscreed is that you could still have all that millennia spanning historical conspiracy stuff if you ditched the awful modern day poo poo and the whole animus simulation shtick. It's just so superfluous and cumbersome

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

will installing mods ban me from online activities or anything? I enjoy Odyssey a lot but enemies are just too health spongey for me to put up with on easy

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Lambert posted:

There are no online activities, you're playing a single-player games. The other characters you're seeing are NPCs, not players roleplaying.

:thunk:

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Wolfsheim posted:

Okay murder and pillage is generally bad but they were doing it to the Brits so its impossible to say if they were morally correct or not

This is the correct response. what goes around comes around, saxon dogs

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

zoux posted:

Also re: Origins - everyone instantly switches back to dreads and beard the very second they can right

Bayek looks strangely sinister to me when shaved. Bedreaded, on the other hand, he radiates amity and compassion

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Similarly, with the franchise on Steam sale: is the Sinai DLC worth it for Origins, or can i get by just with Curse of the Pharoahs?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Did they ever unbork the apparently severely borked AC3 remaster that came with Odyssey's season pass?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

JustaDamnFool posted:

Unit's Paris was one of the best cities in the series, they did a pretty great job of differentiating between the city districts and populating them with huge crowds.

On the other hand, the main story was a mess, aiming for a Les Miserables love story, except instead of two lovers kept separate by grand historical circumstance and endangered by a tragically failed revolution, you had two main leads who were kept apart by an ideological conflict between too organisations that neither the characters or the writers seemed interested in, set in a bizarrely royalist depiction of the French Revolution.

This is even funnier coming from a french developer

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Having played all three and finally finished Odyssey, i think it's definitely the Best One and actually a Good Game period, even with its weaknesses (throws too much useless blue gear at you, enemy HP scaling being my two bugaboos). Valhalla does a good job of making ye olde britannia mysterious and beautiful but mechanically was one great lurch in the wrong direction. The story markers especially, god that poo poo is lame

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Odyssey does pretty much everything Origins does and better tbh

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Carlosologist posted:

Knowing now about how Ubisoft was run by sexpests at the time of Origins' development, it wouldn't surprise me if the original plan for this trilogy of games was for Aya, Kassandra, and Eivor to be the standalone leads

At least in the case of Aya i think it came out this was exactly right, she was originally intended to be the protag

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Earwicker posted:

the baltic could be cool but central asia i would much rather see as the basis a full new AC game rather than crammed into a dlc

Persia/Iraq/Khiva during the mongol invasion AC let's fuckin go!

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

ilitarist posted:

I'm a little sad that the Grammy went to a big franchise and not to Christopher Tin's work on Old World, but hey, he already has a couple Grammy's.

And music is fine in those games, just like all aesthetics. I didn't play Dawn of Ragnarok but in general Valhalla feels weaker than other games cause the soundtrack, while moody, is very unmemorable. Videogames are scared of colorful soundtracks for some reason! I only remember raiding the monastery theme from Valhalla, while Origins and Odyssey have so many bangers.

get into FFXIV imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Ytlaya posted:

I'm still waiting on my rural 1950s Alabama AC game, where a member of the Templars stole the protagonist's pig from their farm.

Deep South 60s where you play a Black Panther assassin. Bonus preorder althist dlc, 'The Tyranny of President Bobby'