Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

quote:

A legend among the Orcs of Mordor, Forthog Orcslayer is an unstoppable warrior who saves Mordor’s mightiest heroes at their moment of greatest need.

Mike ""Forthog"" Forgey was our Executive Producer and great friend here at Monolith. He was always ready to leap into the fray and save the game whenever and wherever he was most needed. We lost Mike to cancer during the development of Shadow of War, and we want to remember and honor him with a little bit of immortality in Mordor. The legendary Forthog Orcslayer is our way to continue having Mike leap into battle and save us when we're down.

We hope that you will share in the experience of being saved by the legendary Forthog Orcslayer as you enter the land of shadow.

(WB Games will donate to the Forgey family $3.50 from every purchase of the Forthog Orcslayer made from any 1 of the 50 United States or D.C. (but, excluding purchases made from AL, HI, IL, MA, MS and SC) through December 31, 2019. Void where prohibited by law. Your purchase is not tax deductible.}

This is neat right? I think it's pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/903800374808633344

Inkopolis is a place to rock.

It is a shopping center where they buy clothes to stay fresh.

It is a good place to listen to the music.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
It would be quite the event if the game was somehow able to reverse the course it's currently on in terms of relevancy.

Like not including games that started off unknown and then grew big, what games started off hyping themselves up to be the next big multiplayer thing, launched, tanked in terms of player retention and then grew exponentially into a massive behemoth?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

exquisite tea posted:

Great news for games chat thread posters... Far Cry 5 has fishing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUU3Y5Kv6Zw&t=682s

What the gently caress is that Top Comment.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Man don't use the phrase "Tingleverse", now I want a Cinematic Tingleverse.

Samuel L Jackson appears from the shadows in a Tingle outfit with an eye patch to talk to you about the "Tingle Initiative".

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Unfunny Poster posted:

The thing a lot of the Kotaku/Eurogamer/etc. articles missed is that the charity stuff that the DLC is doing ($3.50 of every $5 purchase goes to the guys family) only applies to 44 US states. Worldwide. Every purchase outside the US will just be straight up pocketed by WB.

Ok so somebody is lying about something here:

quote:

We followed up with Warner Bros. to ask for an explanation, and it sent over the following statement to Eurogamer tonight:

"Neither Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment nor Monolith Productions will profit from any sales of the Forthog Orc-Slayer DLC regardless of the territory in which that DLC is sold."

Now, this statement, while frustrating in its lack of clarity, does suggest that no matter which territory you buy the Forthog Orc-Slayer DLC from, Warner Bros. will make its $3.50 donation. It just seems unable to say so explicitly, no doubt for some mind-numbing corporate legal reason.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/Kirby_ensky/status/903455022272282624

Man that's a cool looking ring.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Wa-Machine is my favorite Avenger.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Remember everyone starting today your characters are not allowed to wear white in multiplayer games or else the other players will tease you.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FirstAidKite posted:

Well it was the january games chat thread title :v:

Hey now, at least this year so far HAS been better than the last.

Like, game-wise.

Worse in almost pretty much every other aspect aside from an individual person's personal victories and experiences.

Like if someone graduated from school this year, had a baby or got a new hair cut...

Game-wise though it's been pretty good.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Help Im Alive posted:

I guess it's nice that those kinds of licensed games are less of a thing now

They're all mobile games now with energy meters and poo poo.

Also they're lucky that eventually they become unplayable as phones get upgraded and you literally can't play/download those old games anymore. Bad for people who want to preserve that kind of history, good for games that would rather people forget about them.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
What's the overlap of people trying to downplay this and people getting really upset at that guy playing Cuphead badly?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/vanaman/status/906983575337107456

Uh-oh everybody we gotta defend Felix now game company is doing a bad thing that might affect his livelihood we gotta stand with our gaming brother.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I'm not the only one who almost never replays a game after they beat it, but will load a completed game save to just...well walk around the game world if it allows me to, right?

Like I really don't think I'd want to play all the way through Oblivion, Skyrim, New Vegas etc. again but I still have saves of the games where everything is wrapped up, my characters just chilling in their houses.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The Colonel posted:

sean vanaman is one of the guys who wrote the walking dead season 1 which is still one of the only two modern telltale games that doesn't have any massive caveats so he has my respect

There's like twelve people to feed and only five pieces of food what is the right answer here?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

an actual dog posted:

DropMix is $100 plus $15 for booster packs

Booster packs keep getting more and more expensive these days I tell ya.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I guess the landscape has changed in the past half decade because I'm seeing more of these:

https://twitter.com/DanNerdCubed/status/906958396242513920
https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/907024827697033216

And less of....well this sort of thing:

https://twitter.com/KEEMSTAR/status/907017914083143680

"HE IS GIVING YOU FREE ADVERTISEMENT!"

Yeah but what if someone don't want racist-guy to advertise their game? Like I know if you said that even just a few years ago people would probably look at you like there was something wrong with you but now hopefully, it's not such a controversial thing to think. To think, "What if I don't want the most viewed video about my game on YouTube to be full of possibly racist and other horrible poo poo?"

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 11, 2017

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/519911764205776896?lang=en

You know what you must do official Sonic Twitter account.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
At this point the story veers off into one of three possible timelines.

One where you choose meat, one where you choose egg and one where you choose shrimp.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The Colonel posted:

cuphead looks like it has a serious issues with bosses having a ton of health with no actual visual representation of it and extremely repetitive, really simple boss patterns while touhou you can usually clear a chunk off a boss' health bar pretty fast and the bullet patterns are just keeping you on your toes the whole time

like a single phase of a boss on normal difficulty in the gameplay footage i've seen felt like it took a full half-minute of the players dodging the same repeating attack over and over again

They don't even start flashing red or gradually turn a different shade?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Unfunny Poster posted:

Edit 2 - This is also really silly and I'm not really sure why these guys didn't get hosed by the FTC.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/youtubers-escape-punishment-for-promoting-csgo-gam/1100-6453211/

The guy posed with a golden retriever you can't get better sympathy points from a judge and/or jury than that.

Try to pose like that with a cat and see where it gets ya. The courts are rigged I tell ya.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I hope they don't fix how tacky King Knight's amiibo looks quality-wise and make it a standard that all King Knight merchandise must be tacky looking.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

exquisite tea posted:

If you're at a convention then your capacity for embarrassment has already been compromised.

Back in 2002 I went to my first anime convention in New York City.

I'll never forget the wise words of wisdom Ian Jones-Q gave back then when asked, "What are you taking in the most from this convention experience?"

He answered, "The halls smell like asssssss."

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Ridley Scott will be the head writer for Metroid Prime 4.

He will finally reveal the origins of the Chozo and it will turn out they didn't create the Metroids after all, Ridley did.

Ridley the dinosaur not...not RIdley the Scott.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Quest For Glory II posted:

the most important gamer is still fighting the good fight.

Each miniature controller represents a gamer who will never get to game.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Last week when all the shader discourse was going on I was trying to remember what game it was that did a similarly bizarre and lovely thing with it's color options.

I only just recently remembered it was Fable 3. Fable 2 had a poo poo load of dyes available in the main game with which to dye each part of your clothes. One of the most popular dyes being of course, simply pitch black.

Fable 3 had Black Dye available as part of a Dye DLC pack. You couldn't dye any of your clothes black if you didn't pay the MS points equivalent of a dollar back then.

And it wasn't even day one DLC it was like, two weeks later DLC after most people who bought the game had already completed it or returned it.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Ted everyone can see what you like on Twitter now.

Ted Cruz what are you doing.

Ted why?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

What's the story here?

He just finished having a nice wank and liked the gif he got off to on twitter.

Or maybe he was liking it to save for later.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
"If the Caligula of Video Games was Knack 1, then the Caligula 2 of Video Games must be Knack 2."

Wait, that's not right.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Nobody tell the modern alt-right about this old hate symbol.

I'd hate to see it get appropriated by them.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

That baby would have been almost ten by now.

Just think of all the ways he could have kept the original strip going if he actually added a baby to the comic.

Gamer babies.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

DLC Inc posted:

people ordered this for $200 and Capcom downgraded every aspect of it

https://twitter.com/ScottVengeance/status/908438965790892035

I'd rather have tiny stones that sparkled than larger speckled eggs laid from the Infinity Chicken.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The Colonel posted:

apparently the artist for dragon's crown got really sad cause advertisers only wanted his big titty art and none of his drawings of big muscley naked men, and if true that means dragon's crown is the greatest game ever created

I want Randy to sell off the rights to the Battleborn characters so I can see what Giant Guy with Tiny Head looks like in the Dragon's Crown art style.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
A helpful tip when trying to find new games like Metroid to purchase.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

al-azad posted:

You killed it, you sons of bitches.Back in my day we didn't have Amazon! We drove 45 minutes to town on dirt roads for our vidyagames.

The ad doesn't even mention having to get a slip of paper from the wall of games, then bring it to a counter that was usually adjacent to the storage area which sometimes had windows you could actually see into.

I don't know if they had that system in the 80's or if it was an early to late 90's thing only.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

That's not even just one project either, he made a lot of amazing Mario 64 hacks.

Dude shouldn't have been so prideful:

quote:

"Nintendo hasn't contacted me," he reveals. "This whole 'DMCA meme' needs to stop. Even if they did, there are already thousands of alternate download links. Some people get irrationally mad at other people for sharing Nintendo fan games, because they think they're going to get DMCA'd due to the publicity. There's nothing that can stop this fan project now, though.”

But they sure can take down a Patreon though. I mean that was your other problem. Promoting your Patreon, getting dosh every month and giving out the actual rom of the game w/modifications.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

At least that's what I saw here last week:

quote:

My issue with Kaze is that he just gives out already patched ROMs in his descriptions, which is still largely just giving out mostly Nintendo's own game.

Can't actually verify it myself now.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CJacobs posted:

Patreon: "Hey guys we found a good solution to content creators not being able to profit off of the stuff they make- all it takes is clarifying that you're taking donations instead of providing a service, you can even offer rewards as long as you are explicit about how your patrons are not your employers. And to make it even better, you can make posts that only your paying pledges can see, so you can give them rewards based on their donation amount! You get all this with only one catch: Do not break any laws in distributing your rewards."

Mario Guy: "I pre-patched all these roms so you don't have to do it, I could provide only the patch tool and have you do it yourself but it's complicated so here you go lol"

Patreon: "..."

An intellectual: "Doesn't the fact he changed a substantial amount of the game mean it's a transformative work so it's okay?"

Man An Intellectual you're really, you're really busting balls here.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Jay Rust posted:

Video games want to be free

That one entrepreneur was right. The OUYA CEO Lady.

Free the Games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
And Kirby outlasted all of these platforming mascots.

He didn't even need clothes to do it.

• Locked thread