Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Federation is a literal utopia in Star Trek and America today is pretty loving bad! There's a massive disconnect there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Deprived?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Betty is Mrs Shiba

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Took us a while to get here, didn't it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

How long did Tim say his dad had been dead? Wasn't it 15 years?

E: and that effect looks familiar, what was it used for before?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Looks to me like they have differently shaped noses and ears, but whatever Stan is it's time travelling. He did say 15 years.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

30th August 2002 - Tim entered a science fair with a glow-in-the-dark duck, setting in motion a chain of events that would see his rival murdered, himself framed for the murder and Shelley also murdered when she tried to investigate.
27th March 2003 - Fallon recruited Tim for a spy mission in Romania, where he helped to foil the plans of a mad scientist with a skull for a head who liked dressing monkeys in human clothes.
21st September 2004 - Tim refused to let Amy use the Teapot that Turns Back Time, so she got Shelley drunk and the two of them stole it anyway, then hung around in 1840 for a bit where they were ensnared by Bob Crowley. Tim undid it by using another teapot that turns back time to prevent them from stealing the first one.
11th April 2005 - Tim began his campaign to become Mayor, which went pretty well.
24th May 2006 - Tim was challenged by the Brotherhood of Inventors for using his inventions for political gain, lost thanks partly to Riley, and was forced into exile in Wales.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Not sure I like this new thing in Scary Go Round where you get a close-up of a female character and their lipstick appears out of nowhere. He never draws it in any other shot, so it ends up a bit jarring.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

noyes posted:

i sympathise with this lol, lips are the loving devil for a cartoonist. in a long shot they confuse the shape of the mouth and make the characters' expressions unreadable, but you can't leave them out in a close-up or the whole face looks wrong, and the only real compromise is only drawing them in close-ups and of course the readers do notice if they keep appearing and disappearing between frames. and that's just closed-mouth expressions - as soon as the mouth opens the lips squash/stretch in very specific ways and you have to get it just right or it's a disaster

i hate lips

But he never drew them in close-ups before and it looked fine.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Cause Allison has gone back and changed it to half sisters now.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Was rereading Hard Yards from the start and look at that, Erin called out a few of the events that Scout had been messing with.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

That that'd be a plot twist.

Edit: also I wound up bingewatching Educating Yorkshire to get a grasp on the kid's accents and it makes rereading Bad Machinery so weird.

They're not really written for the accents.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

we can't all post as obsessively as you do about yourself

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

8 bit theater would be good if things kept happening in it, but as it wastes most of its time on endless talking it's actually pretty bad.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

This seems to be a very TVtropes webcomic.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Violence against mythological creatures seems to be Shauna's area of expertise.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah but he was a sensitive 11 year old too, he wasn't expected to know any better.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Isn't Lottie about 9 at this point? Little kids are allowed to be terrible.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The only webcomic I've read that deserved to have a bit of itself clearly labelled PROLOGUE is It Hurts!! and it doesn't even do that. Chapter 1 doesn't even finish for another like hundred pages after where you'd put END OF THE PROLOGUE!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Well, uh, RIP Zebus.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So is this Evil Desmond... or Good Desmond?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

woah poppy

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

That's a good point. I just put this down in Stylish as the "Scary-Go-Big" style and the site now looks better, and less like you'd expect a "Best viewed in Netscape Navigator" button at its bottom.

code:
@namespace url([url]http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml[/url]);

@-moz-document domain("scarygoround.com") { #parent { max-width: 1400px !important; } }

Just tried this and it doesn't seem to be working. I know nothing about Stylish, so...

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Spotted and removed them and it still isn't working.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

this broken hill posted:

i despise the webcomic

then do I have a video for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TebCHHCw9rY

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Petunia's mother still put her through the poo poo Petunia put Poppy through when they were training.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Whatever she does, it makes little enough that his dad posting a wad of cash through the door is meaningfully helpful.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

yeah it's just a way to mildly spook anyone who was going and looking up loss on its tenth anniversary

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

bob and george but with more effort

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

This is the webcomic thread not the sexual abuse thread, FunkyAl's doing God's work by bringing us back on track imho

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

why did none of you fuckers tell me about Scoob and Shag

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh, is Poppy done?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

it has actual ears now, to be fair

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

English midlands, bruv!

Tackleford is in Yorkshire, but trying to read it with a Yorkshire accent often doesn't work.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

Isn't John Allison from Yorkshire, though? And at least per his Tumblr the characters are supposed to have a Yorkshire accent. I wonder what the characters sound like in his head.

From, but he's said in the past that he hasn't lived in Yorkshire for a long time.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

I’ve seen people suggest that we replace TERF with FART (Feminism-Appropriating Exclusionary Transphobe), but then we wouldn’t have this delightful pun.

I'm sure there's some way we can get FART and SHART out of it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The "red pill" itself is the same colour as estrogen pills were at the time.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Also no animation artist would ever be caught dead drawing something the wrong si--

OK but not in the same scene tho--

Steven Universe also has terrible consistency, what's your point? People get paid for doing a bad job in basically every industry, that doesn't make it right.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Vanderdeath posted:

I have no dog in the fight regarding SFP but I find it odd that people focus on the tiny cup as something that's off. It's a demitasse presumably and those things are tiny if you're getting a double shot.

it more than halves in size between those two panels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

for the record, this is more of a warning than the comic itself gave

mookie figured the appropriate warning for giant hairy goblin dongs would be a blog post, which he posted *today*, and which you would probably only read after you saw the giant hairy goblin dong