Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
If Illinois wants to remain competitive it's got to up it's corruption game. Not declaring money received from a foreign government is old man stuff. Gaetz used campaign funds to move an under aged girl across state lines for sex. If we're to remain competitive against Florida we need to start electing random guys from Xbox Live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
My mom still refuses to get vaccinated despite all the perks you can get so I'm going to have to threaten to cut off contact again. She's a nurse. She should know better.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1412797679785099270

lmao Crystal Lake.

Why bother showing up anywhere before the districts are redrawn to save Underwood's rear end end of this year early next year.

Maybe he wants to see Jason?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ocid=uxbndlbing
Blagojevich is suing for the right to run for public office in Illinois again. He says he's representing himself but he was disbarred so I don't know how that is going to work. I don't understand how this guy can go anywhere without getting pelted with rotten vegetables.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I cannot wait for Blago to start a tour in Southern Illinois to grift money. I honestly cannot predict whether he will make a bunch of money or if he will get booed massively.

Gacey is more popular in Southern Illinois that Blago.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Construction has begun on the Obama center. In a few years time I will fulfill my dream of playing one of the Witcher 3 sex minigames in it.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Bird in a Blender posted:

My company is bidding on a portion of it. I might get to run it if we get it.

Run the Witcher 3 sex minigames?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Should someone point out to him that Nation of Islam is a UFO cult founded buy a white guy?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Ummm, the only one who would say something like that is the devil….

It's not like it's a secret. I stumbled upon this info while researching how to get my Bayonetta run time down. Growing up I remember how everyone was freaking out over the NOI. Arsenio Hall even lost his talk show for having Farakahn on as a guest. Why didn't people just say it's a ufo cult, who cares what they say.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
How hosed in the head do you have to be to quit your job rather than get a vaccine?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I mean it's not like "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" is a new idea.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

brugroffil posted:

Yeah I don't need more daylight at six am but now it'll be dark by the time everyone gets home from work/school

You honestly want it dark at 8 AM?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Zarin posted:

Nothing useful happens at 8am, so sure why not

Well it's loving stupid.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

FuturePastNow posted:

As someone who works very long hours in January and February, I would much prefer if it were light out for my drive home than in the morning.

It still won't be light going home. Days are shorter so it's still going to be dark.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

dwarf74 posted:

So in Central IL Bloomington/Normal news, local hate-blogger and covid cheerleader Diane Benjamin got her blog taken down by WordPress.

Probably for the covid cheerleading rather than the bigotry, but eh.

What all did she write about?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Piell posted:

Freedom of religion is part of politics, right?
https://twitter.com/justinlfowler/status/1473019636493033475
If they are putting up a Bahpomet statue they should put up a Yeenoghu one.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Illinois State Museum is having a Gen X exhibit and is looking for contributions. I might donate my AD&D 2ed Player's Handbook. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/museum-exhibit-illinois-recreate-gen-005851463.html

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So against my advice my Dad and his brother are getting FOID cards. Thing is for some reason even though he entered all the info from his DL it said it couldn't verify his ID. Any ideas as to what went wrong?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Who's John Kass? I'd look it up but I'm too depressed.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

The X-man cometh posted:

Planned Parenthood is already expanding its Metro East location to handle increased need from out of state patients.

There is talk in Missouri of declaring zygotes as citizens of the state there forth making out of state abortions illegal.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

xzzy posted:

Only until birth, after that the baby better fuckin be ready to fend for itself.

Thrown into the pit with worgs.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So I just saw an ad calling Irving a super liberal for thinking Trump is an insane racist.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Yeah, the R primary is devolving into only calling each other liberals because they do not have any plans or solutions to the problems that they are angry about.

Well to be fair a lot of what they are angry about, i.e massive voter fraud, are non-issues.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Lager posted:

It's because age is only a protected class for those over 40. Discrimination against anyone under 40 is cool and good according to US law, but putting any kind of limitations on those over 40 is monstrous and evil.

WOO HOO! Today is my 43 birthday! *becomes drunk on power.*

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So is there like a goon endorsement list?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Darren Bailey looks like a racist guy in an old Twilight Zone episode that gets sent back to the old west as a Cherokee or something.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

brugroffil posted:

I'm a 45 minute train ride out of the loop and still see trump signs on the reg.

There is this big Trump sign in my area that someone took a paint ball gun too.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

The one along i70 with the orange paintballs? Every time I see that, it brings some warmth to my heart.

Someone asked earlier what Bailey’s endgame is and the answer to that is the wingnut welfare circuit. Every step he has taken has just been to get to more power and fame. When governor does not shake out, he will start a speaking tour about how he took on the liberals of Illinois.

He can charge 2 bits a gander and still make tons of money.

That's exactly it. Cool, we live in the same area.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Congratulations Cook County on having a non-lovely flag now.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Trump is holding a rally on June 25th in Illinois. He will endorse Miller and possibly Bailey.

Any idea where?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

xzzy posted:

New York feeling that burn right now.

Exciting times we live in! We're all idiots for letting this happen.

Whenever the public believes that both candidates are the same we tend to get very bad presidents.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I just don't get why Americans can't recognize that a society where people don't go bankrupt from medical dept is good for everyone.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Oh God loving drat it. Is there anything more harmless than Drag story time?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That's how you get prion disease, dude.

Captain America's super soldier serum is a prion, checkmate.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Hewlett posted:

Speaking of which, my redpilled downstate mom shared this particular bit of paranoia on FB -- I guess they think those JB-sponsored mail-in ballot requests are a pernicious scheme to get your voter data so that they can yell at you on the phone to vote for Pritzker at gunpoint or something? It's startlingly incoherent.

Wait, they call you and tell you who to vote for AFTER you mail in your ballet?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

borkencode posted:

Latest wingnut weekly is out

Geeze, that's some vile poo poo.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Did you point out that getting rid of cash bail and replacing it with electronic monitoring will save the state a fortune?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Bobulus posted:

Yeah, I've seen mostly 'keep' signs around town (and already voted keep), but I'm getting hit with lots of ads for getting rid of it, so hopefully people don't get confused.

"Give up your sovereignty " is a hard sell in America.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Him and Griffin running to Florida probably means that they will shift their focus to DeSantis running for President in 2024.

I'm going to enjoy watching Trump tear the Republican party apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Bobulus posted:

Well, not confirmed yet, but with 75% to 25% type numbers, seems like Carbondale will keep home rule, so that's cool.

Suck it, whoever paid for the anti- home rule ads that played before literally every single youtube video for the past month!

What exactly were the arguments for eliminating home rule? It was obviously a hard sell.